Deep Singh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh

i wish to have a gursikh weddin...

1 yr back i heard about all khalsa weddin.

but ,

i thought the way u get married in punjab with all the trad.z thats the way sikhs get married! its confusing. i hve seen most of the singhs get married the punjabi way...and as i have always thought that was the way for us!

what is sikhs culture??? this is soo confusing. like punjabi culture and sikh culture? can't u be both? u are born in punjab, so u dress in punjabi suits/kurta pajjamma....did our guru sahib say that u have to leave ur culture??? i mean if u are a jatt, u thannk waheguru for all taht u got..and dance in joy(on weddings, visakhi, when babys born.) etc etc

hindus dont dance , they dont do bhangra....some do kathakkk(some hindu dance i dont knwo whic region it belongs to) there are so many ways to dance..

and bhangra is way of punjab...they way u express ur joy.

drinkin is wrong of course....its prohibited...but where is dancing prohibited?? im not sayin stage dancing, the ones that u pay for, but the orig. punjabi culture. where u sing or dance, express ur feelings. when people do those...oh i have felt love, peace, the togetherness of family.

its not way of muslims...cuz Islam doesn't permit it(dancing, singin watchin movies..etc) at all ...and there was muggal raj in punjab!

oh can someone tell me when this all started?? like this bhangra, ghiidaa, the weddin songs...alll this so called punjabi culture? blush.gif