Sehajdhari Sikhs....

Deep Singh

One Question..

Why does gurdwara outside of india needs an Army of members to run for it.. Whazz up with elections? why there are voting system in gurdwara sahibs? It's no politics.. we r not gonna deal with diplomatic issues.. I don't agree with anything that currently goes in gurdwaras.. It's the place to go and jaap naam simran.. not hearing who's president and who's vice-president.. rolleyes.gif I really hate to hear those words while im in gurdwara sahib..

I love the concept of gurdwara sahibs of American SInghs/singhnias.. (Non-indian background sikhs).. They have no speaker to speak about elections.. they don't have elections.. all things run very smooth and they never have any problem at all..

As of question.. Can shehajdhari Vote?

In my opinion.. NO but sometime it depends on the personality.. like there is this one singh in my gurdwara who is without sikhi roop.. but he is top sewadar of our gurdwara sahib.. Do all langar, joddae saaf sewa and so on.. so i think he should be allowed to vote and stuff.. But again ppls like him are very rare and as of looking at majority.. i think sikhs without Sikhi roop .. shouldn't allowed to vote..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Here is the DEAL guys.....:

} all members of Parbandak Commetees (5 member commetian, mukh-sevadars, so on) should be baptised Sikhs...Amritdhari

} all members of the Gurdwara should be granted a membership-card (like the master cards, so that show around to their friends that they are official members of GD...just kidinh) (for over 18 years old). Both Amritdhari, Keshadhari and Sehajdhari should be given right to vote....i am fully aware that this may bring up a situation where non-sikhs, as Sehajdhari Sikhs are voting for a party that does not want Panth's best.....FOR THAT REASON....an official document should be created with the help of SGPC (and other GPCs in Europe, Delhi, Amrecia, Canada, Pak, East-Asia, South India) which should be fully accepted by Akal Takht and other takhts, whcih should state the following points:

- main defs of being a Sikh from SRM and that 'I see myself as a Sikh according to SRM and have full belief in Sikh religion and only faith in God...'and the point that one always wants the best for the Panth and accepts the authority of Sri Akal Takht and accepts the edicts (Hukamnamas) given from Sikh Seats (and the anoucements made by local leaders) as the Common View of the Sikhs and thereby a overuled statement....

- this should be signed by ALL who consider themselves official members of the GD Sahib....and all get thereby the right to vote....and if they are found not following the document "Sikh Voting Right Act" :D )..they should be brought to the 5 local Singh Sahiban (mainly if they start trouble againt Rehit and official Hukams)...and given punishment of selfless seva :D ) and a no-optional acception of the Edict or Rehit...

} (smaller)sevadars should be chosen to do every kind of seva / rakhi (langar, dekhpal)...these could be chosen among ALL members...[however at Sikh Historical GDs run by SGPC...sevadars should be Amritdhari as all other officials, and only Amridharis should run for SGPC elections..not even Kesadharis..because these shrines have a special importance, my opinion..]

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

what do u guys think.....i think this one is both fair and not against the Sikh Rehit Maryada (SRM)..... :D

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

like there is this one singh in my gurdwara who is without sikhi roop.. but he is top sewadar of our gurdwara sahib.. Do all langar, joddae saaf sewa and so on.. so i think he should be allowed to vote and stuff.. But again ppls like him are very rare and as of looking at majority.. i think sikhs without Sikhi roop .. shouldn't allowed to vote..

Vickey, how can a mona person be Singh?

Lets all be careful about how we address each other. Please. :D

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh