Summer Holiday Paath Classes By Bhai Uday Singh!

I think i might know him

he taught me how to read/write punjabi.

If hes the one that beat people with danday then thats him.

my families related to em as well.

I hated being in his class cuz he whooped us with branches a lot, but today its thanks to him that i know my punjabi well. I thank him a million for his seva and juthia which is what got the gurmukhi through my head. He use to teach us in his basement for free and attracted a lot of sangat even thought everyone knew he was good with those branches...lol. Parents didnnt care but the students were scared as heck!

Sessions in the basement....beats kids with branches!!!!!

Tarrandeep kaur bhenji,

I can imagine this sort of comment, although not meant in a malicious way, will NOT encourage the youth. These methods were about 30y ago when I did Punjabi (and Urdu - Gyani was pre-1947 old skool type) lessons - but kids and parents are unlikely to stand for it today. Determination and committment are won from students through other means. Even Gurmat classes run at places like Harianbela, never use physical methods to get results from their students.

Please clarify what students will expect from his teaching method.

hahahahahah oh tu fikher nah kar, tere shiter nee pendheh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Want To Gooo :sady:

Hello Tarrandeep Kaur

This is a really good opportunity. I am just finishing university and plan to start learning punjabi after my exams in order for me to be able to learn gurbani. I thought that you needed to know punjabi inside out first before you could learn gurmukhi? I don't know any punjabi at all. It's a shame but i'm gonna learn now. This sounds like such a great opportunity. I'm very excited. Do you think its possible i could actually know gurmukhi by the end of the summer through these classes?

Thanks alot.

Hello Tarrandeep Kaur

This is a really good opportunity. I am just finishing university and plan to start learning punjabi after my exams in order for me to be able to learn gurbani. I thought that you needed to know punjabi inside out first before you could learn gurmukhi? I don't know any punjabi at all. It's a shame but i'm gonna learn now. This sounds like such a great opportunity. I'm very excited. Do you think its possible i could actually know gurmukhi by the end of the summer through these classes?

Thanks alot.

Check ur PM's paaji.

gurfateh jee