Ouchhhh

Guest *gupt kaur*

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *gupt kaur*

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED TO HELP ME :)

- how old are you?

I’m 18 jee

- are your joints lax? (i.e. are you double jointed?)

Erm…lol I don’t knw :S

- do your legs bow out wards, i.e. when you stand with ur feet together do your legs look like II, () or )( ?

Nooo jee… they look normal

- do your joints hurt mainly in the mornings, at night or throughout the day?

Throughout the day : (

Started a long time before, usually comes and goes… but hasn’t gone yet: (

- When did this start?

At first I used to feel weak, very weak, so I thought I was anaemic… and again doc cheked and said no ur not..Again he did nufin :@

- how would you describe the pain? sharp, stabbing, burning, dull ache?

Very sharp… like if I sit down… its very sharp

- does the pain happen every day?

Mostly yes, cuz I prefer to do nitnem sitting on floor.so as I sit down it pains AND CLICKS …try to avoid it.. but the other day it was bad

- does the pain get worse when you walk long distances?

Nah, I walk about for 50mins a day, doesn’t hurt then

- any stomach pains?

Omg how do u know??? Lol, yes.. sometimes (ok, now im freaked out… they both linked? :o )

- do you get a lot of cramps?

The pain is hard to explain, but when I get it..feels like someks gona pop like appendix..but its not

- any lumps in your neck?

Vaheguroo… nooo

- have you fractured any bones lately?

No jee

when you went to your doctor i'm certain he/she wouldn't have dismissed you right away. what did they say? did they do any blood tests?

Lol blood tests… noo way, I saod doctor my legs, and every ova bone hurts a lot…he just looked…so I said ‘ erm…anything for it?’ he sed no, ur too young, laughed and THAT’S It  I repeated… it HURTS

He still said nufin!!!

Guest *gupt kaur*
I've had the same problem.. exept it seems that your "clicking" is worse than what mine was.

lool, yes, VERYY BAD

like its horrid in exams..... the whole hall is dead silent

then theres ME.... who cant sit still ...each time i straighten legs.. the CLICK echos :|

yuk!

:p

I noticed in my case that clicking would get worse when i drank lots of cha/coffee, this is b/c the body counters the acidity in cola and other acidic drinks by taking calcium out of the bones to buffer it.

Go to a natural foods store and ask for help, they deal with this kind of stuff all the time and likely know of some supplement that you are missing out on that can help. If they can't help, perhaps a homeopath/ayurvedic or other alternative health practitioner.

exercise also helps to some extent. my knees used to click. i then would do squats, stop just before the click, and go back up. as the muscles gained strength i was able to go deeper. eventually the clicking decreased. however, be sure to use proper form, i would take it nice and slow at first.

Guest *gupt kaur*

Ok, going to try flaxseed oil

Because lets say it’s getting worse.

Every single bone is clicking

My ankles, my fingers, my toes, and my knees like mad,

At the gurdwara the other day, gurdwara was empty, and as I was doing matha tekh, my knees CLICKED like madddddd! The click echoes and sounds like I’ve cracked a bone/broken a bone.. its very appalling. Each time I sit, a sharp sting is always given off. But mahraj’s kirpa… I can sit down for hours and they wont hurt :S

Also feel soo cold :’(…. Only my legs though :S

Where can I get flaxseed from? Will boots do it? And yeah, I will also exercise alot

Vaheguru…. Hope it’s not arthritis… oh man! I’m only 18 : |

Hi,

just had a quick read through your answers. I forgot to ask a few pretty important question -

which joints hurt? answer yes/no:

Hips, Knees, ankles, toes, fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, neck. lower spine (note, not a sore back but something that does feel like bone not muscle!).

Do you feel as if your joints are stiff? If no then fine but if yes, are they stiffer in the morning or evening? or constant throughout the day?

Do you feel that your knees 'lock'?

Do you feel any of your joints are swollen?

The very fact that you can walk long distances is reassuring because it does make it unlikely that it is osteoarthritis. The clicking is caused by relatively lax joint capsules, that allows more than a usual amount of movement.

It sounds to me like you're not happy with your GP. your GP *may* have done the appropriate thing based on examination/history, but clearly it was ineffective as you're still concerned. I'd suggest you either change GP sooner rather than later or go back and visit again.

If it is every joint then it may be harmless nitrogen gas coming out of solution from various body fluids - this can cause clicking. Although there isn't a scienfitic basis, in most cases the symptoms you've suggested are usually harmless if not annoying. exercises to help stabilise joints may help, including yoga.

If i were your doctor I'd order another blood test to check to see if you're anaemic just because you've complained of being tired a lot of the time. girls of your age are susceptable to blood loss from heavy periods. most women aren't affected by anaemia even i they do bleed heavily, but it would be reassuring to rule it out. taking iron supplements without tests is a bit overkill because iron supplements can make you very constipated. i'd suggest eating plenty of green vegetables (Esp. saag) with a glass of orange juice (acidity helps increase iron absorption).

with regards to your joints, if it is only one joint (e.g. your knees) i'd want an x-ray to rule out any degenerative causes such as juvenile arthritis (rare) and rheumatoid arthritis (rare in your age too). oseoarthritis is so rare in your age too.

if your knee locks etc it could be a damaged meniscus or ligament (cruciate ligaments). this could cause the clicking and locking/stiffness. an x-ray wouldn't be able to detect this, but a physical examination of your knee could (something called McMurray test and draw test/lachman's test would check for a meniscus injury and a ligament injury respectively.

Vitamin D deficiency is quite rare so long as you're out and about once in a while (i.e. you get some sun!). It wouldn't hurt to have it checked however but if you were my patient I probably wouldn't. vitamin D allows you to absorb calcium. vitamin D deficiency could affect your bones in that you would have thinning of the bones as your body would try to take calcium from bones to make up for the low calcium in your blood. this means mostly your bones would be thin and may result in bowed legs (osteomalacia) or easy breaks (osteopenia resulting in a pathalogical fracture). it wouldn't affect your joints. I very much doubt this is the case in you however.

if you'd like flakseed oil which is rich in omega 3 could be a good supplement, but another one is Glucosamine. it is available from most health food stores and although it hasn't been proven medically to be antiarthritic, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence for it and medical evidence for it improving symtoms.

i'll check back on wednesday (UK time) to see if you've answered any questions or indeed have any :o )