Ragi Darshan Singh Pushed And Booed By Surrey Sangat

Millions of people are awakening to new spiritual realities around the world, and here the arguments continue...

The seed of Sikhism has been filled over with mounds of manure and dirt, the whole world reports the seed as worthless, when will it blossom forth?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one thing to do katha, quite another thing to do vichaar with learned invidivuals, which I eagerly await.

I agree all idol worhship is wrong of course, but merely havinga statue is not idol worship. also, pingalwara is a multifaith organisation run by a sikh as well. there's nothing wrong with it, i don't see any intermingling. in the end, gobind sadan's work on dasam bani is what i care about and what is relevant to this thread.

Baba Sri Chand was a Sikh, there is nothing against sikhi in promoting him.

Additionally, the Akaal Takht issued hukumnamas to prohibit debate on Dasam Bani, when nindaks wouldn't stop with slander they then requested sikh intellectuals to defend Dasam Bani. Clearly, Darshan Singh is violating the Akaal Takht's hukum.

I have some questions:

Does Darshan Singh accept Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasaad Svaiye, and Chaupai Sahib as Gurbani? What is his stance on them?

Why did he suddenly change his stance on Dasam Bani? I mean teh specific reason, what happened to convince him to change his mind on it?

Sun Singh

I respect your views. Having multifaith environment nothing wrong, but under the carpet what these organizations are doing is the question. Baba Virsa singh promoted himself, as I have seen in Delhi. You might have seen the pics, which shabad did those raagis and Dhadhis sung on Christmas, Mother mary's & Siri Chand's Birthday. My dear, these people make fool of us that they respect all, reality is only promotion of themselves and their own shop. We are to go by what guru says not their so called servants. For a sikh only SGGS is important, nothing else.

As Guru Nanak says

Cheree kee sevaa kare thaakur nahee deesai, pokhar neer viroleeai maakhan nahee reesai

[He serves the maid, and does not see his Lord and Master. Churning the water in the pond, no butter is produced.]

Regarding Baba Siri Chand, even Guru Nanak didn't found him eligible for the Guru Gaddi, and Siri Chand became udassi, which is against Sikhi concept. He is not regarded as a Sikh. That is why Virsa Singh promoted Dasam Granth and Siri Chand to create confusion and promote himself.

Now a days Akal Takht is under the influence of Badal. Whatever he says, Jathedar at Akal Takht do the same. They are mere tame dogs, who wag their tail as their master says. They don't have their own mind. If Dasam Granth issues were coming up, why didn't Akal Takht tried to solve it.

Vedanti has the tendency to linger on the things. Let the people speak, they will speak for day or two, and every issue vanishes. Deal with the issues. He gave the hukumnama that he will deal afterwards, and nobody should speak. O my dear humble Sikh, try to understand. If they had to solve the things it would have been done long ago. Now when somebody is trying, Iqbal SIngh made chaos. Now people have awakened, they know what is right or wrong.

The people who are defending are only Taksalis, Akhand Kirtani Jatha (one part) and few Babas. These all don't follow what Akal Takht says. Do they follow Akal Takhts Rehat Maryada. NO.......... All these have their own Maryada.

Farida Kale Likh na Lekh, apanrre girebaan meh sir nivaan kar vekh.

Baba Fareed says, if you have a keen understanding, then do not write black marks against anyone else. Look underneath your own collar instead.

Reg your ques:

Does Darshan Singh accept Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasaad Svaiye, and Chaupai Sahib as Gurbani? What is his stance on them?

Answer: Yes, he accepts Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasaad Svaiye and Chaupai (Hamri Karo Haath de Rachha ............Dusht Dokh te leyo bachai) which as per Akal Takht's maryada. As he said these in recent diwans also. Moreover he had recorded "Tav Prasaad Svaiye" recently, which is available in market too.

Why did he suddenly change his stance on Dasam Bani? I mean the specific reason, what happened to convince him to change his mind on it?

Answer: He didn't change his stance on so called Dasam Granth. As Dasam Bani is different than the so called Dasam Granth is different. Dasam Bani is which is having same concept as SGGS (as you also have written above) and few of the other Shabads which are intermingled by the miscreants with the garbage. By just putting "Dasam" in front doesn't make that granth as Dasam Granth. Even some of the copies bear "Dasam Sri Guru Granth Sahib" also. Is this not against Guru and Akal Takht's verdict?

He has been saying it since long but, after the recent controversy he had to come in front now.

Guru Rakha

I thought admins had taken a stance against the nindaks of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Wave your Darshan Lals flag around all you want, speak your nonsense, live your fantasies. But before telling others to open their eyes and speaking ill of the one your Gurus writings, Ask yourself this; Why has Darshan Lal and all other nindaks of dasam bani refused to have a open dialogue after kala afghana had his childhish arguements humbled.

People like Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale, Baba Deep Singh Shaheed etc who believed in the writings of dasam pathshah performed great deeds for the panth.What has kala afghana ever done, the blind being lead by the blind.

As I have asked before, how to supporters of Darshan Lal respond to the various facts from the below video?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-37742156909650512

Udasis are accepted as part of Sikh community, both traditionally (Baba Sri Chand accepted by the Guru, Udasis managing sikh shrines, and today sgpc passing resolution showing formal re-acceptance of udasis as sikhs).

Akaal Takht only has right to enforce rahit, not create new rahits from scratch or change the Guru's rahit. No human beings have the right to change the Guru's rahit. whether masands, mahants, or sgpc control Akaal Takht, the true rahit of Akaal Takht still remains the teachings of Guru Maharaj.

As for accepting SRM, the SRM states that those are sikhs who accept all utterances of all 10 Gurus. SGPC had a conference around 1929 looking at Dasam Bani, they concluded that all of Dasam Granth Sahib ji is authentic Gurbani. So why does he have a problem wiht this?

Darshan Singh has changed his stance on Dasam Granth Sahib ji - see the katha by Giani Sher Singh for proof: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-37742156909650512

Giani ji shows that Darshan Singh used to do katha/kirtan of Dasam Bani, and now he spreads lies about the same Bani.

Another question, does Darshan Singh believe that sants exist? As Gurbani clearly states that Bhagat Prahlaad ji is a sant, so I'm referring to people other than the Guru.

One last question, What banis in Dasam Bani does Darshan Singh actually believe in?? So you've said he accepts Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasaad Svaiye, and the Chaupai Sahib part of Chritropakhyan (but not the rest of that bani). So what other banis in Dasam Bani does he accept?

One last point, try to calm down and tone down your language a bit. You don't want to believe Dasam Granth Sahib ji - that's your choice. But do remember that many Sikhs accept it as Gurbani. This is a forum for respectul discussion. There's no need to use such nasty words for it. If you're unable to refrain than lets end the discussion right now.