Airports And Salais

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Will I be allowed to take my salai to the airport? I normally keep it in my wallet.

A few years ago, went to the caribbean. Never had any issue.

Dunno what it's like on ryanair. Will be stansted. going to sweden.

Does it pose a security risk?

Otherwise will carry in baggage.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Don't take one too big just tke a average unsharp one on board,Heathrow let me through ,but the Indian Officials in Amritsar stpped me on the runway on the way to the plane a few yrs back,pointed a gun, then he talked Hindi to me I didn't understand and did not even want to try to , I go English or Panjabi, then hes like your hair pin no allowed I go its a SALAI, then a huge argument started , and then they tried acting bad n hard, then all the passengers gathered around ,I go you think your more secure than Heathrow airport,then hes pulls out some board in Hindi stating his crappy rules and quoting some Indian Aviation act thing, so in the end they would not let me go back to London so I go do this you poor ************ something I cannot say take it chuked it on his desk made a few remarks which cannot be said and boarded the plane

I was running late so chucked my jacket in hand luggage. When they scanned my bag they basically took out 1 thing after another wiping down for explosives and finally got to my jacket in which he found a salai and then he showed his incharge and let me have it. :| :rolleyes: this was at heathrow. Gosh all that hassel for not checking a pocket. lol

When I was at Amritsar airport I was given a pretty long Salai from my Mama and it was quite sharp. THe guard took it out of my pocket and said use a smaller one next time lol but it depends who the guard person is checking you.. they could have an agenda or something.

my advice... if you don't absolutely need it with you don't put it in your wallet. Better safe than sorry.

i had to put my salai in hand luggage before flying over to Europe..

just be safe and put salai in hand luggage than been sad after lol..

they wanted me to take off my miniture kirpan to but i got away with it.

this is was at East Midlands Airport but i think to an extent all airports are the same when it comes to ''sharp'' objects.