Damdami Taksal Rehit-

'Preeti' Bhenjee you asked about how if the AmrithDharee we sit near doesn't follow the Reyath Maryadhaa and you didn't know; well I doubt Vaaheguroo is going to penalise you for sitting near someone who doesn't follow the Reyath Maryadhaa becuase you didn't know. Its about when you KNOW that the person sitting near you is like a proper Manmukh, and you chose to sit up right close and be in their Sangath.

Our Gurus did sangat with everyone and never judged, so we have no right to label people as "Manmukhs" and then try and place ourselves on a higher level than them by saying we are too good for their company. Let's work on brining the panth together instead of forming our own little "clubs". Nobody really knows if the person sitting next to them is a Gursikh or Manmukh for sure and if you think you know, then you are just judging them.

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee's account

I think you need to re-read my comment for 'Preeti' Bhenjee. I didn't say that if someone that your sitting next to you is not AmrithDharee is definitely a Manmukh. I said "Its about when you KNOW that the person sitting near you is like a proper Manmukh," By saying that I meant if you KNOW the person next to you is someone who is COMPLETELY against Sikhee i.e. smokes, cuts his/her Kes, doesn't approve of ANY Sikhee principals etc, encourages others to do what he/she is doing etc; then it is our OWN responsiability to not sit in their Sangath.

The only reason for this is because; we humans do rees (copy eachother) so quickly. Notice how if you heard someone say a new cool would you begin to say it. You sit amongst people who wear the latest fashion, and you suddenly begin to dress in the same way. Someone talks, walks, and acts a certain way you begin to do it.

It has nothing to do with judging one another; its all about how you live your life, the way you act today effects what you will do tommorow.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
The only reason for this is because; we humans do rees (copy eachother) so quickly. Notice how if you heard someone say a new cool would you begin to say it. You sit amongst people who wear the latest fashion, and you suddenly begin to dress in the same way. Someone talks, walks, and acts a certain way you begin to do it.

Nope, I can't say I would do any of that.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji went all over the world and was offered food from many non-amritdharies.....?

But Guru Ji chose to eat from Bhai Lalo Ji who worked honestly and not Malik Bhago whose deeds had, in essence, tainted the food he was offering.

Edit:

Just to add, I think Gurbani, truth and honestly has a profound effect on food and other people/things. There was a thread a while ago about a study done on how water reacts to its surroundings e.g. if praises of God are being sung or if there is anger/loud noise nearby etc. We might not understand the reason or the power behind Gurbani but I'm convinced it is there nevertheless. There's a reason we recite Japji Sahib with full devotion when making Karah Prashad.

Fateh ji

Guru Nanak Dev Ji went all over the world and was offered food from many non-amritdharies.....?

During Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee's time, no one had taken Amrith, Siree Guroo Gobinndh Singh Jee presented the Batah, along with the Reyath Maryadhaa.

We need to remember though, that EVEN in the first 9 Guroo's times EVERYONE and ANYONE that had the Karm to get Dharshan of Mahaaraaj; they were PROPER Beh'behk; the poorest Singh/Singhnee went out of her way to make their home a suitable one for our Guroo's. They would prepare the Parshadhaa with PROPER love and devotion and PLENTY of Paat/Simran.

Nope, I can't say I would do any of that.

Your right; how stupid of me, I forgot your perfect.

Guest peacemaker

Either create a new account again, or please stop using Singh-in-Welling's username. This is really stupid and when someone asked you in another thread about this, you gave no reply, KKV.

I'm tired of you writing "KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee's account" every single time. Get your own identity!

Either create a new account again, or please stop using Singh-in-Welling's username. This is really stupid and when someone asked you in another thread about this, you gave no reply, KKV.

I'm tired of you writing "KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee's account" every single time. Get your own identity!

lolll you humour me. I write my opinions using my Bhajee's account; thehraa kee jandhaa??

Also, its a forum - get over it 'identity' dha bachaa...

Guest peacemaker
lolll you humour me. I write my opinions using my Bhajee's account; thehraa kee jandhaa??

Also, its a forum - get over it 'identity' dha bachaa...

*yawns*

How would sitting next to a manmukh affect your sikhi? Why cant people just sit together

how does one judge if one is manukh or gurmukh?

also, I would definetly say sitting in bad sangat can have a bad influence. These days there are even amrit-dharis who can be bad influence, it is best to choose people who have good values, and keep other people for businness-work relationships.