Sick Of It!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local Gurdwara where my parents live is Ramgharia. I do not wish to speak ill of others but feel in this issue I must speak the Truth.

Committee do everything in order to line their pockets. Committee didn't like martial arts being taught on premises because they weren't getting any money. It was suggested a grant could be obtained to help build a sports hall and they wouldn't have to pay a penny. All they needed to do was apply for it. Committee's response was "What do we get out of it?".

My father was asked to join the committee. He refused. He did not want to become like them.

The caste system is a joke - something that should never have come into play but for the manmukhs, it did. Most of the younger generation aren't into Sikhi or know little, yet they know that they are "Jatt" or "Ramgharia" etc. This is an unfortunate set of circumstances and we should try to help those who believe in such castes the Truth. For the older people, I believe it is too late and we should let them pass away rather than try to waste time showing the Truth when they have been so indoctrinated, their minds have been set like concrete.

OK, let's not get off topic. I'm talking about the bigger picture. Techno?

sorry about late reply mr. peacemaker.

'And we call ourselves the better Sikhs because we don't use starch?'

no body said that, what im saying is why would somebody want to make their dastaar into a helmet! if its made starch how can one keep rehat and retie it everyday? it just doesnt make sense...our crown does need respect you know

kMGw dono vkq kr pwg cunY kr bWDeI ]

ka(n)ghaa dhono vakath kar paag chunai kar baa(n)dhhee ||

Comb your hair twice a daily and re-tie your turban each time your wear it.

Guest peacemaker
no body said that, what im saying is why would somebody want to make their dastaar into a helmet! if its made starch how can one keep rehat and retie it everyday? it just doesnt make sense...our crown does need respect you know

I don't know why they use starch, perhaps some people have no time or patience. I've mainly seen old people do that. There could be plenty of reasons. I'm telling you to not call something "STUPID", that's all. Use a better word next time to describe something you don't like.

It dosnt matter if one uses starch or not...My grandfather uses starch in his dastaar and he dosnt have any problems tying a dastaar everyday while my mamaji dosnt use any starch but he is able to make it into a helmet and not tie it everyday.

CASTE SYSTEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SIKHI. END OF.

Thank you guyz 4 all ur replies!! (Apart from the off threads but thats just standard lol).

Im glad im not the only 1 that feels like this!! The pardan wont even allow us to have Punj Pyare at Vasaki!! I know the only way for a change is to educate the youth, and i've been given them flyers and posters that i made to try n teach them but it seems to me their love and pride of caste is more than their love for Guru Mahraj!! Even the elders!!!! N it really got me thinking, why dont we have any Gurdware with the word "Khalsa" in? And comittee members and mayb Gyanis wear Bana? lol that would be mad! But yh, im still going to try and get into the comittee, i think thats the only way anythin will happen! and mayb in due time i can try and get them to change the name of the Gurdwara.

Im at this point where this is really gettin me so mad and i feel like hitting the pardan!!

Thinking about hitting the pardhan is okay - but do not actually do it - for that be be such a typical Jat thing to do!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I once went to a Ramgarhia Gurudwara for a wedding and was shocked about the way Guru's (supposed) pictures were placed around Maharaj, like a Hindu temple would place idols. It confirmed all my caste prejudices......

BUT...

Then I visited another one (again for a wedding!) and was amazed at the clean lines of the durbar hall - no images, no gaudy glitter/xmas decorations/flashing lights that remind me more of a mujrawali's kotha than Guruji's durbar.

We need to put prejudices aside and work for panthic ekta - I am certain that most of us will witness this change in our lifetimes.

p.s Don't let the bhappe in mind! Ikh wari ohn sade gurudware ne aye si, te mein ehs gal sunke phataphat gandasa chakea te ghore te uthe gurudware nu ohse waqt paunchea, kyonke ehs jat de seene wich aag...............(Joke!Joke! ;) ).

I am certain that most of us will witness this change in our lifetimes.

Lol. Singh do u think that? i gotta say i disagree. Possibly in our kids, kids, kids, lifetime but not now. U guys wouldnt even be debatin bout it if i didnt start up the thread! lmao. Anywayz, No1 is doing anythin about it!!! look at how many of our elders disagree with caste, but are not doing anythin about it, and then funny how they 4get caste is wrong wen it comes to their daughters weddin!! lol, dont worry man i werent really gonna punch him, even tho he does deserve it!! And itz not only ramgrias that have all that stuff at a Gurdwara, nearly every Gurdwara is the same that is based on caste!! every1s forgot the meanin of Khalsa!!

I am certain that most of us will witness this change in our lifetimes.

Lol. Singh do u think that? i gotta say i disagree. Possibly in our kids, kids, kids, lifetime but not now. U guys wouldnt even be debatin bout it if i didnt start up the thread! lmao. Anywayz, No1 is doing anythin about it!!! look at how many of our elders disagree with caste, but are not doing anythin about it, and then funny how they 4get caste is wrong wen it comes to their daughters weddin!! lol, dont worry man i werent really gonna punch him, even tho he does deserve it!! And itz not only ramgrias that have all that stuff at a Gurdwara, nearly every Gurdwara is the same that is based on caste!! every1s forgot the meanin of Khalsa!!

I think we will witness changes in our lifetime, particularly as the offspring of the more influential Ramgharia clan members are not really interested in running Gurdwaras and aren't so focused on Sikhi. I think you will see a gradual takeover by more focused youth, even if they are initially from Ramgharia clan names, who will eventually drop the Ramgharia label. I'd give it another 30 years in the UK.

In my view the youth tend to have a realistic and honourable view about handling Guru Ji's golak and would feel more accountable for their actions. At least that's my optimistic view of my generation!!