Sikhs Attacks Mtv Office To Protest Poster

BiggChan

But MTV India is run by stupid perverts

the problem is that most Indian Versions of various channels like CNN,MTV etc do not monitor the content they are producing and hence bring disrepute to parent company.

This should always be notified to parent company

Good point. We should send complaints to Viacom and MTV about the offending content on their affiliate networks. The 'foots already in the door' and this would be a good opportunity.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha ok ur stupid!I am who i am lol... I gave my opinion too, like I said ur views match more with jainism then sikhism so u shud call urself a jain...its simple

ur views are of JAINISM not sikhism thats why u shud join JAINISM

That type of stupid remark isn't even worthy of a reply, khalsaforce. Who are you to tell me what to follow? I gave my views on the attack and you want to bring irrelevant stuff into this. What's up with that?

Guest peacemaker
hahahaha ok ur stupid!I am who i am lol... I gave my opinion too, like I said ur views match more with jainism then sikhism so u shud call urself a jain...its simple

I think I'll stay a Sikh, so keep your "hahahah's" to yourself. I once respected you, khalsaforce, even after you put me on moderation, but now you get involved in things which are totally unncessary and don't help the discussion.

i think these kinds of spontaneous bursts of emotion which sometimes have violent outcomes are the result of a lack of faith in government and police forces.

for example, in the west when something bothers us, someone tries to hurt us, the first reaction is to call the police because most of the time the police is impartial and fair and will deal with parties fairly.

however, in india, the last thing you want to do is call the police. it's a free for all there. mobs have no fear of gov't or police because there is no real law and order. people are kind of on their own, especially religious minorities like the sikhs.

the sikhs have had enough experience with indian law that sometimes a spontaneous outburst such as this is not surprising but is actually a glimpse of bigger things to come.

sikhs do have a sense of humour, but they also have self respect. and i have said this before and i'll say it again, hindus are very out of touch with sikh sentiments. they assume a lot of things to the point where they make statements for us. it may be a result of this whole sikhs are hindus thing. and whenever sikhs act in an independent manner, asserting their identity, hindus are confused by it, and associate any kind of independent sikh thought as either anti-national or militant.

there needs to be serious dialogue with hindus to let them know real sikh sentiments. because its very rare that you see mandirs and hindus at large celebrating ghalughara diwas with us and pogroms of delhi in 1984 in the west and in india. it may be because hindus associate india and being indian with being hindu, and feel that anything negative about india looks bad for hinduism. just a thought.

this is not meant as hindu bashing. i know some over sensitive people read the word hindu on a sikh forum and start yelling hatred without reading. i'm talking about dialogue with the majority community.

there are extremist views out there as evident by some posts that all hindus are bad and other nonsense.

i think the soluton is serious dialogue. because at the end of the day, we can say, hey we tried to talk.

anyways...

peace.

for example, in the west when something bothers us, someone tries to hurt us, the first reaction is to call the police because most of the time the police is impartial and fair and will deal with parties fairly.

what do you good people of the west do when your govt goes to war with Iraq

or let's say Iran ?

whom do you call to deal with the issue in 'impartial' and 'fair' manner ?

there needs to be serious dialogue with hindus to let them know real sikh sentiments. because its very rare that you see mandirs and hindus at large celebrating ghalughara diwas with us and pogroms of delhi in 1984 in the west and in india. it may be because hindus associate india and being indian with being hindu, and feel that anything negative about india looks bad for hinduism. just a thought.

your sentiments are honest and from the heart. I think the hindus have not come to peace with themselves. They think they are under attack from Islam. Both from within and esp from Pakistan in the west. When they see Sikhs rebelling openly, they get both confused and agitated that they are losing allies.

It causes something called cognitive dissonance in hindus.

I have studied hindus esp after the Babri Masjid issue in 98 when I was in school and I saw hindu class mates of mine do 'high-fives' at destruction of Babri mosque. Until then I did not know that there was a welspring of hindu emotion against Islam and muslims. There were a lot of delhi based muslims in my class and I was confused how they would have felt at seeing the hindu students behave in this manner. During assembly prayers the hindu students were doing "Jai Shri Ram" and "high-fives" all round. This behaviour confused me because I hadn't seen it before.

A hindu Brar classmate asked me if I as a christian would support hindus or muslims in their fight against muslims and babri masjid. It is at that time it hit me that they were kids were serious about it. I told him muslim and he said he would say that to everyone that I was a mozzie sympathiser. Strange times.

i think these kinds of spontaneous bursts of emotion which sometimes have violent outcomes are the result of a lack of faith in government and police forces.

however, in india, the last thing you want to do is call the police. it's a free for all there. mobs have no fear of gov't or police because there is no real law and order. people are kind of on their own, especially religious minorities like the sikhs.

the sikhs have had enough experience with indian law that sometimes a spontaneous outburst such as this is not surprising but is actually a glimpse of bigger things to come.

sikhs do have a sense of humour, but they also have self respect. and i have said this before and i'll say it again, hindus are very out of touch with sikh sentiments. they assume a lot of things to the point where they make statements for us. it may be a result of this whole sikhs are hindus thing. and whenever sikhs act in an independent manner, asserting their identity, hindus are confused by it, and associate any kind of independent sikh thought as either anti-national or militant.

this is not meant as hindu bashing. i know some over sensitive people read the word hindu on a sikh forum and start yelling hatred without reading. i'm talking about dialogue with the majority community.

there are extremist views out there as evident by some posts that all hindus are bad and other nonsense.

i think the soluton is serious dialogue. because at the end of the day, we can say, hey we tried to talk.

anyways...

peace.

Excellent analysis.

Kulbir Singh Barapind actually caught on to this. He had stated in a press conference held not too long ago that Khalistan is not just for Sikhs, but for Hindus as well. It is not merely a Sikh issue, but a Punjabi issue as all Punjab has been discriminated against. He also said that nonviolence was the way to proceed towards independance.