I Am A Khalsa So I Am Better Than You!

Guest Guest

You guys need to go back to school.

He is saying that why do some people who add the word 'khlasa' after their name think that they are superior than a baptised Sikh who put only Singh or Kaur after their name.

I have never come across this myself. But clearly, the OP has.

Why don't we take this a bit further. Why do some baptised Sikh's think they are superior than someone who is not baptized :rolleyes:

i would tooo like to no why some amrit dhari sikhs think they are superior then somone who isnt baptized...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is saying that why do some people who add the word 'khlasa' after their name think that they are superior than a baptised Sikh who put only Singh or Kaur after their name.

Why don't we take this a bit further. Why do some baptised Sikh's think they are superior than someone who is not baptized :rolleyes:

i would tooo like to no why some amrit dhari sikhs think they are superior then somone who isnt baptized...

and how is this gonna help yur jeevan(spiritual path)..........

dunno, but some people don;t act spiritual because they think they should take amrit first, lol.....

dunno, but some people don;t act spiritual because they think they should take amrit first, lol.....

why when Bhagat Kabir Jee had partak darshan of Vaheguroo, Vaheguroo Jee said he had to become a sikh of a Guroo (ie Bhagat Ramanand Jee) only then he would attain mukhti.

i don't believe one has to only become a sikh of Guroo Nanak Dev Jee to attain mukhti but one does require a Guroo...hence the need for Amrit in Gurmat

WHY in the world are people still thinking in that way? Does being a khalsa make you better than an amritdhari sikh with no khalsa on their name? The whole reason why Guru Gobind Singh Ji named us SINGH and KAUR was to show we are the same, WHY are people, even amritdhari sikhs acting in this way? Isn't that being disrespectful to our guru. Why are people going against the Guru by not keeping the names KAUR and SINGH!

i think i understand what your saying...

people that are named jagjeet singh khalsa and stuff ryt??

its because in those days, peoples's last name got converted into singh i.e. gobind rai to gobind singh.. what is our dasmesh pitas surname?? nothing!! (or singh but my point is...)

in this day and age people keep singh as their middle name and not as their last name.. (like me!). because of this, people still keep their last name. so.... this breaks what guru ji ment for us, to have a singular surname of singh.. SO!!!!

to bring back this singular surname unity again, people replace their last name as "khalsa"..! (but i bet in another 100 years or so, this will turn into somthing like, ... jagjeet singh khalsa panaser... or somthing....)

i myself had started a topic on this singh and kaur title a while back and the debate was disturbed by another person that got the wrong end of what the discussion was about.

however, in conclusion, i found that the surnames singh and kaur is being more and more forgotten.. by this i mean used only as a heritage distinction. and the kara being used to only show where you came from and not as one of the 5 K's and such things...i am mainly talking about sikh pplz going clubs and stuff.. but thats another issue!!!

i hope i can be corrected so i may kill my mun (not 'mum'!) and gain some chatturta.

bhul chuk maaf

gurfateh

why when Bhagat Kabir Jee had partak darshan of Vaheguroo, Vaheguroo Jee said he had to become a sikh of a Guroo (ie Bhagat Ramanand Jee) only then he would attain mukhti.

i don't believe one has to only become a sikh of Guroo Nanak Dev Jee to attain mukhti but one does require a Guroo...hence the need for Amrit in Gurmat

gur fateh!!!!!!!!!

i myself am an amritdhari. i do understand what your saying about amritdhri(reffered to now as 'ATz'!) thinkin they are better than non-ATz.

those people are 1 ful of ego (hope im not critisyzing!!!!!!!!) and 2 too much into the world to see what the guru has actually said..

when ppl take amrit, they are to lead a better life than socalled 'normal ppl' this leads them into thinkin they are better...

all they are doing is leading a better life.. this doesent make the person better than anyother person. >>> in shastar naam mala is says: rach karo sarbang. meaning keep EVERYONE. doesnt say, all apart from non-ATz or all apart from mr jag or what have you!! :p <<<<

>>>>and another thing, sarbat da bhalla. may good come on all... again not, all apart from some Mr Man hu isnt an AT.<<<

now, looking at the other side of the argument, lets look at............ppl going clubz!!!

do u reely think its ok in sikhi, (and not just sikhi but general moralsin relegious sects) to hear the kind of 'tunes' that are here in this day and age?? like that line that that dude says... i wanna *@$% u *@$% u,u already know i wana *@$% u...

and that other tune, cyclone, she moves like a cyclone... and so on and so forth...

(iv givn enuf examples!!!)

this kind of thing has an effect on you... just like going to somewhere beautiful ( i.e. breath taking mountins) has a good effect,this has a bad effect....

AND (the biggy) do u thiunk U WUD BE ABLE TO TAKE A KIRPAAN INNTO A CLUB!!!!!!!!

WOH!!! big mistake!!!

and therei is a hole loads of other stuff, not just bout going club, that is possible for non ATz to do...

------------------

there may be (me,now just thinkin a bit...)also the thing that even though non ATz go gurudwra and stuff, they disobey our guru like they do hajaamat (kesh removal) and they are not bound by gutmut sothey may drink / try to find love/ girls (called haram by guru gobind singh ji.)

all this is a posibility and things like hair removal that can be seen it shows where the individual is wrt our guruz teachings and there for our guru..

this can most definitly lead to AT ppl thinkin they are better than non ATz..

but we should see the light inside.. and if it burns bright enuf, any Amritdhari can see that they will come and become guru wale...

dasam pita sayd take amrit and become guru wale.. so any ppl that are non AT, should quicker than quicker take amrit and see the effect it has in the life of that person..

taking amrit dont make u better than anybody else, or more importent, just makes u lead a better life....(ever wander y athiests swear so much and offend ppl cuza dat!)

i can tell u right now, it is not hard. bottom line amridharis....seebelow..

1. do mool/maha mantar + waheguru..this = naam. cud be only 1 mala of waheguru in the morning....

2. 5 bania seated in one place (if you cant do it, put the tape on!!! internet!! search for gurbani ucharan then nitnem!)

>>>>only takes 1.5 hours before you have to leave!!!!<<<

3. then evening, reheraas, just doit!!! slap the tape on! ( its good if u have your evening meal after the reheraas, but if not,... its not the end of humanity!!!!)

then jus before we go sleep, sohila... (but, we all sometimes forget so its not the end of world!!!!!)

its not hard!!ppl will try to say you have to do this and that, but no!that is for ppl hu want to take it further... and more so for the person hu is actually saying it...

internet has everything....good and bad.... just like the world!!! choose!!!

ppl hu force ppl to do anything, good or bad, guru ji has said it is ZAALAM!!! (or zulam wotever spelling u want..)

sodo the ryt thing and standup against zulam!! but do the ryt thing first!!

iv typed enuf now...... am tyrd..

fateh ji!

message me if u wana!

huh, what you on about??? l... "some people dont act spiritual" :6

why does they way people act effect your jeevan.... is other people jeevans effecting your jeevan??? is someone judging here??? let dharam rai do the judging please

Awju myrY min pRgtu BieAw hY pyKIAly DrmrwE ]

aaj maerai man pragatt bhaeiaa hai paekheealae dhharamaraaou ||

Today, it became clear to my mind that the Righteous Judge of Dharma is watching us.

Drm rwie jb pkris bvry qb ikAw jbwbu kryie ]

dhharam raae jab pakaras bavarae thab kiaa jabaab karaee ||

When the Righteous Judge seizes you and interrogates you, O madman, what answer will you give him then

the POSITION of khalsa is MUCH higher than any of you imagine

name urself what u will, but until u've BECOME a khalsa u have no idea how high that status is

for those of you that say amritdharis think they're superior, ur wrong

they are superior, if only by the fact that they've given their head to maharaj

there's a tuk by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji that discusses the position of a khalsa

basically, its says that there when one reaches khalsa-hood, there is no difference between khalsa, guru, and akal--they all become the same

i'll post the tuk once i find it

the POSITION of khalsa is MUCH higher than any of you imagine

name urself what u will, but until u've BECOME a khalsa u have no idea how high that status is

for those of you that say amritdharis think they're superior, ur wrong

they are superior, if only by the fact that they've given their head to maharaj

Yes, but philosophy of Guru Nanak Sahib ji is:

miq hodI hoie ieAwxw ]

math hodhee hoe eiaanaa ||

If you are wise, be simple;

qwx hody hoie inqwxw ]

thaan hodhae hoe nithaanaa ||

if you are powerful, be weak;

Axhody Awpu vMfwey ]

anehodhae aap va(n)ddaaeae ||

and when there is nothing to share, then share with others.

ko AYsw Bgqu sdwey ]128]

ko aisaa bhagath sadhaaeae ||128||

How rare is one who is known as such a devotee. ||128||

[if there is someone who has above mentioned 3 qualities, such a person is a BHAGAT]