Guru Ji's Family Tree

JarnailS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting, from another source/website we are discussing similar issue:

According to Encylopaedia of Sikhism, Ed. Harbans Singh, Punjabi University Patiala (article by Gurnek Singh )

"Bibi Viro born 1615 was daughter of Guru Hargobind ji and Mata Damodari at Amritsar on 11 July 1615. She was married to Bhai Sadhu, son of Bhai Dharma a Khosla Khatri of village Mall."

Similarly sixth Guru ji Har Rai had a daughter Rup Kaur, the entry in Encylopaedia Of Sikhism (article by Bhagat Singh) above is as follows:

"Bibi Rup Kaur commonly believed to be the adopted daughter of Guru Har Rai, was according to Bhatt Vhai (Talaunda), his real daughter born to Mata Sulakhani on 8 April 1649. She was married on 3 December 1662, to Khem Karan, son of Bhai Per Mall, a Dhussa Khatri of Pasroor in present day district of Sialkot(now in Pakistan). The young couple, however, settled at Kiratpur itself in the house now known as Gurdwara Manji Sahib, where some of the Bibi's personal articles are preserved as sacred relics. Bibi Rup Kaur had a son, Amar Singh, whose descendents are now living at Dialpura Sodhian in Patiala district."

It appears evident that there is some uncertainty regarding the family trees

Interesting, most of the family trees have no name like Singh. But of course , Guru Gobind came in after 9 Gurus.

So what were our Gurus before the Khalsa was established ? What did the term Sikh mean ? Just another sect, you know Hinduism had hundreds of sects doing their rounds at any one time. The credit for 'identifying', 'branding' and 'marketing' ( in crude but pefect language of today ) Sikhism goes to Guru Gobind Singh.

So what were our Gurus before the Khalsa was established? I think they were no more than enlightened Hindus. But they were Hindus, yes Hindus. Everything Guru Nanak said wsa being followed centuries earlier in North India and was loosely identified by the Britishers as a sect called Sant Tradition. Guru Nanak was preaching the beauty of this sect.

Bad luck, my Khalistani friends, but a fact is a fact is a fact is a fact is a fact. Our Gurus were enlightened Hindus.

Interesting, most of the family trees have no name like Singh. But of course , Guru Gobind came in after 9 Gurus.

So what were our Gurus before the Khalsa was established ? What did the term Sikh mean ? Just another sect, you know Hinduism had hundreds of sects doing their rounds at any one time. The credit for 'identifying', 'branding' and 'marketing' ( in crude but pefect language of today ) Sikhism goes to Guru Gobind Singh.

So what were our Gurus before the Khalsa was established? I think they were no more than enlightened Hindus. But they were Hindus, yes Hindus. Everything Guru Nanak said wsa being followed centuries earlier in North India and was loosely identified by the Britishers as a sect called Sant Tradition. Guru Nanak was preaching the beauty of this sect.

Bad luck, my Khalistani friends, but a fact is a fact is a fact is a fact is a fact. Our Gurus were enlightened Hindus.

Sikhs were called Sikhs even before the time of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj, even by others. A Hindu is one who follows the ideas, teachings and practises of Hinduism. Guru Nanak did not follow the practises of Hinduism. He did not follow the Vedas, the Upanishads nor the Puranas. If Guru Nanak was following Sant Mat, why was he not a follower of Kabir and Namdev. Why did he not put all of their writings into the Guru Granth, instead of a few? Surely all of the writings of "sants" of sant mat were valid?

All of the Gurus changed the minds and souls of those who followed them. Guru Gobind Singh made that inward change reflect outwards. He did not make "Sikhs", he made "Singhs". There was only one Guru who changed form ten times. Why did he distinguish Sikhs from others if they were followers of Sant Mat too?

Simply said, if the Gurus were followers of "Sant Mat", there would be no "Sikhi" or "Guru Granth".

You 1diot satpalahuja.

You are not SATpal but <admin-cut>!!!!

The very first Guru, has denounced HInduism and Sikhism.

Mod note: children use this forum. watch your language in future

Can you tell me the source for your info? Show me the bani which supports your claims. Thank you :)