plz respond ASAP

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I don't think waheguru will hold something of your past against you if you now follow Rehit to the T. I know of a couple of blessed Sikhs that were once cut-haired drunks who now are in touch with Waheguru... and they have been part of the panj pyarai.

The one thing I DON'T get, is why are women still discrimiated against as part of the panj?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Admin Note: If anyone wants to add anything to this new debate please do so only in a Gursikh like manner, and don't forget to support yourself by using references.

Admin Note 2: Admins please remember to post ur number!! -2

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The Singh’s bestowing the Amrit should be of the highest discipline, true Khalsa. One Singh is to be the Pehradaar (guardsman at the door where the Amrit Sanchar is taking place). Two highly disciplined Singh’s should prepare Karah Parshad and bring it into the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and then recite Anand Sahib (the whole 40 verses). All the instruments for the ceremony have to be of Sarab Loh, for example the bowls, bucket, vessel, cauldron, spatula, Khanda and two large Kirpans and a stone mortar is to be used. All the items are to be cleaned with sand prior to their usage. The Panj Pyare and Granthi Singh are to also clean their Kirpans and Karas; they are to have a full bath from head to toe prior to the

ceremony (including washing their hair) and to wear fresh clothes for the

ceremony. They are also to have Panj Ishnana (wash their hands, feet, and face) directly before entering the Darbar of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Those who do the seva of Panj Pyare are to be of high morality and spirituality, very disciplined in every aspect of life.

Bhai Choupa Singh ji writes in a Rehatnama that a Sikh should "take Amrit and not partake in any other form of religious initiation. The Sikh is to take initiation from those that are very spiritual and moralistic. The Panj Pyare are not to be one-eyed, bald, lepers, beardless, of bad habits, be thieves or gamblers and not entangled in vice. From those that we get initiated from – we take some of their virtues as this is what they invest in the Amrit, that is why someone of high Sikhi discipline is to be sought to get initiated from."

r>The Panj Pyare and the Granthi Singh are to all wear the same colour clothes and these should be one of the following colours saffron, blue or white. Their Kirpans are to be worn over their clothes, a Kamar-Kasa (waistband) is to be tied and a parna (scarf like cloth) is to be placed around their neck before entering the Darbar. Their Gatra’s (Kirpan holsters) are not to be of leather. The Pehradaar is to be a highly disciplined Sikh. The five Singh’s are to humbly bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and stand up, the sixth Singh is to do the same and stand holding his hands together. The Jathedar is to hold a large Sri Sahib in his right hand and do the Chaur sahib seva with his left. He is to question the sixth Singh – "Are you a highly disciplined Sikh? Do you keep the discipline of the 5 Kakkaars? Have you committed any of the four cardinal sins? Do you recite the specified daily Nitnem prayers? If the Singh is married, he is to be asked if his spouse is living in

accordance with the Rehat Maryada. The Singh is to face the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and reply humbly that with the Guru Ji’s blessing I am living according to the Rehat Maryada. I have not committed any cardinal sin and do recite the daily Nitnem prayers. I am physically complete, fit and healthy. He should say that he is forever erroneous due to the entrapments of the mind (showing his humility). If he is married, then he should say that his wife is also a highly disciplined Sikh and lives by the Rehat Maryada. The Jathedar is to question all the six Singh’s

individually, moving from his right to his left. After the questioning is over – if all are suitable, one Singh becomes the Granthi Singh and the rest join the Jathedar in becoming Panj Pyare.

NB: Those taking part in the seva of Panj Pyare must know all the five prayers from memory. A Jakara (war cry) is only to be sounded on the last Ardas

(supplication prayer ) of the ceremony.

the reason y it says singh, and not singhnie, is because sant je in his speeches, and

ddt does not beleieve that bibis should do panj sewa. Watever u or i believe, is our belief, but this is wats sant je had to say on the picking of the panj sewa.

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

oh, that bhai sahib je, is from the damdami taksal maryada, and im pretty sure ive heard a speech a long time ago about bibis being in the panj by sant je. But, like is aid, wat u or i choose to beleive is wat we beleive, if u think bibs should be in panj, ok, if no, ok too.

:nihungsmile:

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^ Thank you for your response, jee. And to Admin, I'll be sure to be more respectful next time blush.gif !

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Admin note: Guru Pyareo, that note was just not for you, but the whole of the SikhSangat.com sangat. This debate has taken place on SikhSangat.com but it leads to no where. So it is our request that people discuss stuff issues without forgetting the beliefs of others.

Quote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Khalistani Said:

ive heard a speech a long time ago about bibis being in the panj by sant je. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Khalistani can you please tell us what was in the speech, as we may have not listened to it? Please.. I'm just curious as to what was said in the speech by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

:T:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...