Im Having Doubts

Guest thatguy

Guest thatguy

sangat ji i have been very troubled for the past 1-2 months....i took amrit more then a year ago and thought it was GREAT i had been living a sikh lifestyle for about a year and a half before i took amrit. but recently i am having doubts i know that if i break my amrit it is going to be the biggest mistake of my life and also that i wont be able to go through life normally again, but lately i just miss doing all the things i did before i took amrit, also my rehat is veryyyyyy weak know as i barley ever do my nitnem. i have not committed bujjar kuriet though.. i don't know why i feel like this, because some nights i just wanna break down and cry cause i don't no what to do. when i took amrit it felt like the best feeling in the world but know i don't no what happened...i know its probably a test but i think im failing...it took alot to finally get me to talk to someone about it but finally did because im scared...thanks for your time.

Veer this happens and glad u let it out.

what are some of the things you did before that you want to do now? because there are many things sometimes we THINK are against sikhi when they really aren't. it would really help others to get a better picture of ur doubts and troubles and can give u better advice/help.

this you will hear over and over again and its true:

what works is being around great sangat. u dont even have to say anything to them, just being around them will lift ur spirit. even spending couple of hours will replenish you=)

~Akal ~

thatguy,

we are all on the same journey, also realize that Sikhi is not concerned with the concept of sin.

Your thoughts are like all our thoughts, the mind is designed to do that. THe question is how much are you Aware, and how much is your God-consciousness guiding you?

Perhaps your conscious is guiding you, but be privy to understand that your conscious will be conditioned by various things including peers, tv, news, media, parents. Your conscious is conditioned just like Pavlov's dogs based on the signals that you are receiving.

It is likely that you have developed a minute awareness of your subconscious. The subconscious like the conscious can also be conditioned. However, the subconscious is unique because it can be elevated instantly with meditation. During meditation your conscious mind can be dabbling and babbling to no end, yet the subconscious is being cleansed without your knowing? Why do we know this, we know this not only through the message given unto us, but also through research. Our body cleanses itself, and our brainwave patterns change influencing our body and ultimately the signals it receives.

Hopefully you will let go of your doubts and discover some inspiration, perhaps with the Sikhnet Youth film festival, perhaps with getting your health together, perhaps taking up a sport or volunteering. If you are not doing any of these things, you need to ask yourself what you are doing, because if so your mind is taking over your life...

singh, first start doing your nitnem

i've noticed myself that days when i do my nitnem, like rly concentrate n do it, my day is exponentially better

Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji gave a wonderful udharan on how lucky u r to have given ur head to maharaj:

As many branches as there are on a bunyan tree, it takes that many good karam to acheive human birth.

As many fruit are on that tree, its takes that many good karam to have birth in a Sikh family

But as many seeds are IN all the fruits (any1 who has seen the fruit will know there are probably hundreds of seeds in each fruit), it takes that many good karam to be blessed with amrit"

And believe me singha, u R blessed. Find yourself some sangat, youth, other amritdhari kids like you.

Those are the two main things:

Do your nitnem, all 5 banis everyday. Spread them throughout the day if you can't concentrate and do it all in one sitting. Do rehraas sahib and sohila sahib as well.

Find yourself some good, positive sangat, and get close to them, cuz believe, if any1, they will surely back you up when ur down.

Guest thatguy
Veer this happens and glad u let it out.

what are some of the things you did before that you want to do now? because there are many things sometimes we THINK are against sikhi when they really aren't. it would really help others to get a better picture of ur doubts and troubles and can give u better advice/help.

this you will hear over and over again and its true:

what works is being around great sangat. u dont even have to say anything to them, just being around them will lift ur spirit. even spending couple of hours will replenish you=)

~Akal ~

firstt i would like to say tahnk you for your responses...umm to answer your question i know that the things i do want to do i cant because i know for a fact they are against sikhi..also lately iv been thinkin bout gettin maried and having kids and the lifestyle ill live and the lifestyle my kids will live..i was just thinkin, "ive never thought that when i had kids they would grow up like that." lol i know it sounds stupid but yeah...also just really stupid stuff like partying blah blah...i know that its gonna only bee fun for know and after ima have to pay for what im doing and be born again and again and i think thats the reason i can still keep going..

You might suppress your 'want to have fun' thoughts now, but they will make an appearance later in your life. You need to do something abut this first, don't suppress your desires but overcome them. At present it seems the only thing holding you from breaking amrit is your 'guilt feeling' and fear of re-birth. Stop being a hypocrate, your amrit is of no use, as long as you have doubts.

Veerjee,

Its all about your sangat, its not just sangat of people but sangat of other things like TV, computer, etc. if your sangat is bad and engrossed in maya and if you're watching/listening to such things they will take you down with them, and once they take you down there won't be anyone that will be able to help you, only guru sahib can help you get past this, ARDAAS IS VERY POWERFUL, what I would suggest is do ardaas with pure love and from deep within and Guru Sahib will hear your prayer. Try to do sangat as much as possible, don't let your mind get led astray no matter how hard maya tries to bring you down, I suggest you listen to katha which is a very powerful tool to bring our mind back in control and to make it realize the truth. Don't listen to anyone or anything else that leads you to the path of falsehood.

Bhul chuk muaaf jee.

You have not committed any bajjar kurehit and u have kakkaars on ur body. Thats a very nice achievement. Satguru jee is with u and Satguru jee is SADAA DYAAL.

What u need to do now is to start reading 7 nitnem banis a day. Then after that try getting up at amritvela and slowly slowly u will be on the track.

And yes, u are not alone who is going through a rough phase. We are living in ghor kaliyug and majority of us have troubles with our spiritual lives. I myself went through a similar phase like yours as I was backtstabbed or double crossed by some "singhs" who took lots of my money as well. After that I really had trouble respecting amritdharis but slowly slowly I am coming back on track, hahaha. Just remember that SATGURU JEE IS SADAA DYAAL. So dont worry.

sangat ji i have been very troubled for the past 1-2 months....i took amrit more then a year ago and thought it was GREAT i had been living a sikh lifestyle for about a year and a half before i took amrit. but recently i am having doubts i know that if i break my amrit it is going to be the biggest mistake of my life and also that i wont be able to go through life normally again, but lately i just miss doing all the things i did before i took amrit, also my rehat is veryyyyyy weak know as i barley ever do my nitnem. i have not committed bujjar kuriet though.. i don't know why i feel like this, because some nights i just wanna break down and cry cause i don't no what to do. when i took amrit it felt like the best feeling in the world but know i don't no what happened...i know its probably a test but i think im failing...it took alot to finally get me to talk to someone about it but finally did because im scared...thanks for your time.

i feel how u feel bro...

Look the one thing that you shouldnt have done is stopped your NITNEM

when you take Amrit you are fighting against the Panj mahabalis (5 bad warrior vices, that are really powerful).

They can only be defeated by doing nitnem and keeping you mind pure of dirty thoughts at all times !!!!

One the path goes downhill, this give the panj maha balis the only chance to make u lose way...

DO YOUR DAILY NITNEM AND ALL WILL BE FINE :@:) ))))

singh, first start doing your nitnem

i've noticed myself that days when i do my nitnem, like rly concentrate n do it, my day is exponentially better

Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji gave a wonderful udharan on how lucky u r to have given ur head to maharaj:

As many branches as there are on a bunyan tree, it takes that many good karam to acheive human birth.

As many fruit are on that tree, its takes that many good karam to have birth in a Sikh family

But as many seeds are IN all the fruits (any1 who has seen the fruit will know there are probably hundreds of seeds in each fruit), it takes that many good karam to be blessed with amrit"

And believe me singha, u R blessed. Find yourself some sangat, youth, other amritdhari kids like you.

Those are the two main things:

Do your nitnem, all 5 banis everyday. Spread them throughout the day if you can't concentrate and do it all in one sitting. Do rehraas sahib and sohila sahib as well.

Find yourself some good, positive sangat, and get close to them, cuz believe, if any1, they will surely back you up when ur down.

Could not stress it better my self :)

Also.. The mind is the most powerful thing we have.... as it says manjit tha jagjit...

So when u get doubts or bad thoughts, that are agaist sikhi....

Talk to ur self, or say aloud,

For example.... if ur mind brings up idea, give up amrit and stop path....

Reply back with veeras , concentrate and say with positive energy, i will not give up my amrit... and i will not listen to this filthy mind of mine... Talk back to these bad thoughts...

and then back it up by doing path. Path is the power to defeat the bad vices :) ))))