Bollywoods 2nd 'sikh' Film After Singh Is Kinng

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20080804-4.html

The story of the Batle of Saragarhi is known by very few (including Sikhs themselves)...we won't be able to stop them making it but rather than make the mistakes of Singh is Kinng and leave it too late, why not have sikh organisations have active envolvement to ensure that theres no distortation of the event's or Gurmat takes place

You know, for ages now, I've been dreaming of a Sikh-based movie.

Something that shows what Sikhs have always stood and fought for. I hope this is very close to that dream.

Also agreed that it needs support by those well-versed in Sikhi, in Sikh culture and way of thinking and fighting so the film is as true as possible. Not some movie that makes Sikhs out to be violent warmongers/terrorists etc.

You know, for ages now, I've been dreaming of a Sikh-based movie.

Something that shows what Sikhs have always stood and fought for. I hope this is very close to that dream.

Also agreed that it needs support by those well-versed in Sikhi, in Sikh culture and way of thinking and fighting so the film is as true as possible. Not some movie that makes Sikhs out to be violent warmongers/terrorists etc.

i completely agree with you, only thing with this one is that it will have to have a 'love story'

I wish it is not directed by Hindu director, if it is then i hope they ask for Manmohan Singh's assistance, who was bollywood's top cinematographer and now directs Panjabi movies, all of Harbhajan Mann's movies are directed by him. Hindu directors mess up the panjabi culture based movies as it was evident is 'Jo bole So Nihal' 'Namaste London' 'Veer Zara' etc.

This is gonna be EXCELLENt... But i dno, after seeing so much Bwood flicks.. I think they will add some masala/actresses/and other things which are unnecessary

And good that Sanjay Dutt is going to play the role!