Ramals In Gurdwara Are Cuasing Disrespect Indirectly

machete

In every Gurudwara there are Ramals in a basket for people to cover their heads. But one thing we look past is the fact that a lot of these ramals have the khanda and Gurbani on them. People put them on their greasy heads and then when finished; they take them off and dash them in the basket. Is this holding Gurbani in high regards and value? A lot of people also keep them (personal ramals) in their back jean pocket and sit on Gurbani (in the car) on their way to the Gurdwara etc.

If you think about this, it is a great disrespect to Gurbani; which is the key to salvation. We got more respect for money, we lock it up in safes etc. We dont dash money away do we?

We have replaced the ramals in our local Gurdwara with plain ramals and cremated the ramals with Gurbani or the Khanda. It does not take much effort, if you have any love for Gurbani you would do the same. We call out for all sangat to make a change in their local gurdwara. Speak to the committee if you have to.

Are you going to become a ramal soulja and help sort this out?

• Write a letter to or have a meeting with your Gurdwara committee.

• Get some plain ramals made and replace them with all the Gurbani ones in your local Gurdwara.

• Put this leaflet in the Gurdwara.

"Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich Bani Amrit Saare'

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

Ang 982 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

• Get some plain ramals made and replace them with all the Gurbani ones in your local Gurdwara.

"Bani Guru Guru Hai Bani Vich Bani Amrit Saare'

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

Ang 982 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Good action points. I don't think anyone can argue with that!

I once came across a large thaan of rummalla kapra (with Ik Oankar Gurbani printed) on a market stall where it was being sold by some smoking greek/turkish guy. I didn't know whether to buy the whole thaan of rummalla kapra of him incase it encouraged him to get more stock or just ignore it. I chose to ignore it and don't know if I did the right thing.

The problem is it's too easy to pick up stock of these Gurbani rummalla thaans. I would suggest also finding a way of controlling the supply. Most Kapra shops will have the cloth with Gurbani prints stored in ways most of us would not be happy about. Maybe think of a way of getting them to think about what they are doing especially as most will be Sikh/Punjabi themselves.

Also how many of us think about the state of the kupra when we are making the rummala.

When it is cut at the shop the person may have jhootay hands, the kupra is unrolled and falls on the floor.

Then we bring it home and again it touches the floor many times. We then sew it up and with great shardha

take it to the gurdwara and the ramalla is draped over Guru Sahib Ji............... should we not first wash it and press it, and only then take it to the gurdwara ?

you going to become a ramal soulja and help sort this out?

Ef rumalas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should wear a turban!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are only going to cover your head at the gurdwara then wear a Turban

I wish I could throw the whole box away and see people run around like a chiken with its head cut off. If they didnt have that box of rumalas then 80% couldnt go in Darbar Sahib, and thats just ridiculous, I hope people feel shame that wear a five minute head covering.

Just push for plain rumals if it bothers you that much. Rumals with Khandas/Gurbani are a modern thing. It wasn't like that in Gurdwaras 15 years ago. No doubt some bright spark saw a gap in the market.