Ardaas in Gurdwara....

well, even if the ardas thingy (name mentioning) is cut off then surly the gurdwara wud still get money, i.e. ppl givin money in the golak, surly loadsa ppl giv there, n that money cud b used. do the comitee wale really wanna make guru ji look stupid (cuz it shows maharaj dont no hus given money if u thnk bout it)???? or if ny1 does wanna donate cant they say the sangat has given the money etc etc like how they say @ amritsar.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fateh

tis is wat hapened in ur local gurdwara sahib.tis is reality.few months bck, a singh who is regular 2 gurdwara sahib donated Rs. 101. by mistake, granth jee didi ardas for Rs. 100 n tat guy aftr ardas  start fighting wit granth jee. n finaly granthi jee has 2 do ardas again.

this is because the one donating is not doing it for seva but "dakahva". they want to be a bunch of show off's and to make sure the sangat hears how much the person has donated so peep can speak highly of that person.

as for ardad goes..... a number of things or bentis for ardas can be preformed, but there is common sense. if ur doing an ardas for an anand karaj and kushi...... ur not ganna add in some random person who died.

just my opinon....

bhul chuuf maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Singh Khalistan Da bhaji, isn't that book written by Dr. Jaswant Singh Neki? if that is so, thenyou guys can listen to a lecture by him on proudtobesikh.com

here is the direct link: http://www.proudtobesikh.com/khalsa/Shared...ITHENGLISHTRANS

go to the site, if you got real player, click in the select box and then play my section. rolleyes.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

no paji, tat book is writen by bhai raghubir singh jee.

I posted this in first post:

secondly, anyone else heard of this story that God stands on the balls of his feet while listening to someone's Ardaas? 

I found out there is no evidence of this in SGGS ji.......this idea came from brahmin concepts and theology or whatever. Sikhi does not back this story at all so disregard this story. :umm:

God has feet?????? :umm:

Does anybdy know how many?

As gurbani says in Kirtan Sohila ji....which we read daily:

sahas tav nain nan nain heh tohi ka-o sahas moorat nanaa ayk tohee.

Thousands of the (visible) eyes are Yours, though You have no eyes, Yours are all these (visible) thousands of forms. (Eyes of the people are Your eyes).

sahas pad bimal nan ayk pad ganDh bin sahas tav ganDh iv chalat mohee. ||2||

You have thousands of delicate feet (in the visible form), and yet You do not have even a single foot (in invisible form). The same way, You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses (of the people). This play of Yours has enchanted me. ||2||

I dont know how God stands...and He does have His feet on which He stands.Totally confused here.

I dont know how God stands...and He does have His feet on which He stands.Totally confused here.

That's sort of why I was wondering where this idea came from. If God is everywhere how can he be standing in one particular spot or something? Why would God care if the ardaas was too long and it was making His feet hurt? Kind of like the brahmin (?) theory that the world rests upon a buffalo's horns. THen what is the buffalo standing on? Gurbani mentions this one about the world on buffalo's horns but it redicules the idea because that can not be possible.