Shaster Vidiya Of Chakram/chakar On Television

I don't normally post in forums, but I saw a post in the History forum about this show. It is definitely worth watching, and I thought it would get more exposure in this section. Apologies moderators if I'm wrong and please move this thread to the appropriate area.

Show synopsis:

In a ground-breaking new series, technology and history collide head-on in ten action-packed episodes, where we witness first-hand the power of pivotal world-changing weapons. Weapon Masters explores the history and science of ten weapons of the ancient world. Hosting the series is internationally known weapons expert and historian, Mike Loades. In each hour-long episode, Mike travels to a different international location to examine one particular ancient weapon and learn first-hand about the cultures where the weapon was used. He is assisted by an expert who demonstrates the techniques behind each weapon. He then challenges his co-host and master craftsman, Chad, to improve upon it using modern manufacturing techniques and materials. In India, Mike explores the history of the steel quoit weapon used by the Sikhs and known as the chakram or chakkar. This ancient Indian projectile weapon inflicts serious damage with its razor sharp cutting edge.

It'll be repeated

Discovery Knowledge (UK)13 September 2008, 17:00:00

Very informative show, although only the first half or so is spent in India. A lot of variety of different techniques shown as well as chakkars being made by Nihang Singhs in Patiala.

Someone's already uploaded it as a torrent.

Taken from another forum:

I've [finally!] managed to convert this into a torrent... (I think!)

http://tracker.zaerc.com/torrents-details.php?id=13291

Click on Download this .torrent on the right hand side then run the torrent file to download.

NB you need a BitTorrent client to download the video. If you don't have one already, I'd suggest BitTornado... it's small, fast and simple. Download from http://www.bittornado.com/download.html

I'll keep seeding as long as I can. Please continue to seed after you've downloaded!