Swimming

Guest abcdefg

Going swimming is fine, but if your Amritdhari then its best not to swim where non-amritdharis swim because your face goes into the water and swallow or even getting some water in your mouth will mean you have drank jhoot. Then you will have to go back to the Punj Pyare and tell them your mistake. Where on a mistake like this you will have to take Amrit again.

Just like how at Harmandir Sahib bibian don't mix with Singhs, the same rehat must be kept when bathing and swimming anywhere else.

You are too funny. This sounds like advice from a 12 year old! I see the same fanatical, fear-based replies from so many of your posts. Do you do Ishnaan at Harimander Sahib? There are non-Amritdhari people bathing there...isnt that Jhoot too? Seriously man...i'm surprised you dont tell people to live in caves...but there's no point arguing with you...i know you won't change. I just don't like it when people spread their fanatical views to other impressionable youth. Guilt, fear, shame...same cycle over and over. Spreading from youth to youth.

You are too funny. This sounds like advice from a 12 year old! I see the same fanatical, fear-based replies from so many of your posts. Do you do Ishnaan at Harimander Sahib? There are non-Amritdhari people bathing there...isnt that Jhoot too? Seriously man...i'm surprised you dont tell people to live in caves...but there's no point arguing with you...i know you won't change. I just don't like it when people spread their fanatical views to other impressionable youth. Guilt, fear, shame...same cycle over and over. Spreading from youth to youth.

I wouldn't expect you to understand what i said because you don't learn Sikhi, but are stuck on a level of atheist thought of Sikhi. And as i was writing it, i knew someone would bring up the Sri Harmandir Sahib example out of ignorance and equating Sri Harmandir Sahib Saravor to some swimming pool. Can a swimming pool cure a crippled man, where his wife had to carry him? Birds go in black and come out white of the Sarovar. This is the Kirpa of Maharaj that has been invested into Sri Harmandir Sahib Sarovar. I don't pay attention to public opinions by Satguru's kirpa. What is you calling me a 12 year old and fearful going to do to me? Is that suppose to move me from Gurmat and accept your atheist thought of Sikhi? You can believe whatever you want about Sikhi, if you don't like something i say, then be a mature person and be able to express it in a mature manner.

I wouldn't expect you to understand what i said because you don't learn Sikhi, but are stuck on a level of atheist thought of Sikhi. And as i was writing it, i knew someone would bring up the Sri Harmandir Sahib example out of ignorance and equating Sri Harmandir Sahib Saravor to some swimming pool. Can a swimming pool cure a crippled man, where his wife had to carry him? Birds go in black and come out white of the Sarovar. This is the Kirpa of Maharaj that has been invested into Sri Harmandir Sahib Sarovar. I don't pay attention to public opinions by Satguru's kirpa. What is you calling me a 12 year old and fearful going to do to me? Is that suppose to move me from Gurmat and accept your atheist thought of Sikhi? You can believe whatever you want about Sikhi, if you don't like something i say, then be a mature person and be able to express it in a mature manner.

Typical answer from you. If someone doesn't agree with your views...just call them an atheist. How am i am atheist? Because I don't subscribe to the fanatical brainwashing you are pushing? Swimming in a pool of monas is not allowed because you will get polluted? Is this sikhi? How do you think non-Amritdharis would feel about that comment? "I I can't swim with you in the same pool, because i will get polluted and will have to re-take baptism"...have you even for one second thought about how this sounds? If anything..this thinking pushes people towards atheism. Just one request...please, please keep this kind of thinking to yourself. It puts Sikhi into a bad light. a religion that hates non amritdharis, thinks they are dirty, and they will pollute us.

Come on Singh...please...just think about it logically for one second,instead of just running purely on emotion. Sometimes if we get so fanatical and emotional about certain concepts, we shut ourselves out from what makes sense.

I'm sure you know that The Gurus had Sikhs wrestle for excercise. I'm assuming they would do this outside in the dirt. While they wrestled, dirt would have gone into their mouths, eyes, etc. gurbani says - "mitti musalmaan". So they were eating Muslims.

Pretty big jhoot no?

Let's say you take a metaphorical view of this line as many people do, and say the Mitti is not actually Muslims. Whatever...other people have walked on it, and throughout life, you eat dirt. So you've committed jhoot.

Forget that, do you know what we're made of? All the molecules in our body have been recycled through many life forms. SO WE ARE ALL MADE UP OF JHOOT.

When you say, Sikhs can't do this, can't do that, because non-Amritdharis are doing it and making it jhoot, that makes Sikhi seem like a fanatical, elitist religion.

Makes us seem like we have the same attitude that the Bhramins have, the same attitude that Guruji's worked to destroy.

Typical answer from you. If someone doesn't agree with your views...just call them an atheist. How am i am atheist? Because I don't subscribe to the fanatical brainwashing you are pushing? Swimming in a pool of monas is not allowed because you will get polluted? Is this sikhi? How do you think non-Amritdharis would feel about that comment? "I I can't swim with you in the same pool, because i will get polluted and will have to re-take baptism"...have you even for one second thought about how this sounds? If anything..this thinking pushes people towards atheism. Just one request...please, please keep this kind of thinking to yourself. It puts Sikhi into a bad light. a religion that hates non amritdharis, thinks they are dirty, and they will pollute us.

Come on Singh...please...just think about it logically for one second,instead of just running purely on emotion. Sometimes if we get so fanatical and emotional about certain concepts, we shut ourselves out from what makes sense.

I agree. Only five Ji, you have helped me before...but this is just too much. Please keep these views to yourself

The Punj Pyare tells us when we take Amrit not to eat food or drink from the same plate or glass with the person who is not Amritdhari. Only an Amritdhari with another Amritdhari can share the same glass or plate. If you have a problem with this concept, then go to the next Amrit Sanchar and ask the Punj Pyare. Only an Amritdhari with strong and strict rehat can step into a pool with non-amritdharis and not let his face enter the water where they will not take into his mouth the water, which non-amritdharis possibly have taken. Ask any Gursikh, where their is an uncertainity, then they tell us not to commit the act as this will destroy your bhagti (the uncertainity act will keep playing on and on in your head, whether you made a mistake). Here is an example: An Amritdhari walks into a restuarant where meat and vegetarian food is cooked together. This Amritdhari doesn't know if the same cooking utensils have been used for both foods. A strong Amritdhari in Rehat (ultimately means has more love for Maharaj than his mind's desires) will refrain from eating such a place and walk out with thanking Maharaj for protecting him. A weak Amritdhari will think of some excuse or even not know what mistake he is making. So a weak Amritdhari doesn't even think of the idea and will infringe on rehat without even knowing. So it's best to just completely stay away from such acts or find a pool where they can be safe from committing an act that will cause them to go back and take Amrit again.

We are not here to please anyone, which includes non-amritdharis. Only here to follow Maharaj with love and devotion.

I agree. Only five Ji, you have helped me before...but this is just too much. Please keep these views to yourself

If today you enter into a university, do you expect to graduate the next day? Sikhi works in similar manner. I was no different than many poster like yourself. Saying many concepts of Gurmat were not the Guru's way and it's all made up. But more i contemplated over Gurbani and actually took the time to listen to Gursikhs. The more i was able to understand that the concepts were not wrong, but I was wrong. This took me from following manmat to accept Gurmat and am practicing Gurmat to how much Guru Sahib does kirpa on me.

Sikhs have a real big problem accepting Gurmat, which Gursikhs (professors of Sikhi) teach to us. But when it comes to school teachers, they sit with full attention and nod their heads like bobbleheads to everything the teachers say. And i seriously don't blame these Sikhs completely because their whole educational life they have been taught to trust the teacher at the front of the class (from pre-school to all the way to you leave school) and throw rocks and stones at Gursikhs (taught this by the punjabi society). So what do you expect a youth or teen to do when they try to make sense out of the world. They are going to accept all the nods and reject all the rocks that were thrown. In such a society, i say throw more rocks and stones in my direction so i know I'm going in the correct direction.

Only five ji its not about who is right and who is wrong. There are infinite values between right to wrong. The logic is not always binary like 0 and 1 but fuzzy like 0.1 , 0,2 , 0.3 etc

I have seen many Bibeki singhs who follow very strict rehat and you may be one of them and i salute you for that. Guru shaib will be very happy with you. You may be a class topper who read separate books on each topic of text book. But there are many students , who may not be as intelligent as you are, they only read text books to pass exams. You may get 99% and they may get 60%.

If you tell them that you should read separate books then instead of getting 99% they may fail because they can't digest that. Although you are right and no one can prove you wrong but you have to see the whole scenario not just yourself. Let students finish text books and they will automatically find some way to get more marks. Teacaher will guide them

You are doing well and thats fine but journey of beginner is different story. Gurskihi is a long journey. Things which you will find easier to do , may be hard for other. There is a point upto which you can stretch the plastic , otherwise it will break. Guru sahib knows very well how to make his Gurskih perfect , we need not to apply our intelligence to that. who knows tomorrow Akal Warrior may become more rehat van sikh than you. Its only Guru Sahib Kirpa which can make any one great rehatvaan sikh.

I had similar story. When i took Amrit many singhs told me to do ishnaan with cold water. I was very upset that how can i do that. Then i did ardaas to Guru Shaib that i can not do ishnaan with cold water , so forgive me. Then after one month , my hot water system stopped working. I had to do ishnaan with cold water. It took 1 week to fix that and But by that time it bacame my habbit.

I was surprised how did Guru Sahib can make his gursikh do anything even if he didn't wanted to.

Gurskihi is very very tough. If we become too strict with begineers then mona person can never become Gurskih. I know that I am weak Amritdhari . I am doing what i could do. I am happy that it is better to be weak amritdhari than mona. I can bet that if someone has told me that i need to do what strong amritdhari does then i would have never taken Amrit. This is the reason many poeple don't want to become Amritdhari. our main motive should be to attach more and more persons to sikhi, Gurbani, Amritwela , Nitnem for start and then we can talk about strong Rehats

I have seen that Guru Shaib will himself take his sikh from weak Amritdhari to Strong Amritdhari. Its not something which is in hands of every skih. If you are doing it, you should be thankful to Guru sahib and pray for those who are not. Every person has different past karams which decide what person should do. Even panj pyare shaiban also tell us to do nitnemat Amritwela which is very important but how many are doing that.

Well we can say that if person wants to follow some strict rehat then he should not swim because of jhoot. But its upto each individual to follow it or not. We can't force our decision. In Rehat there is so much you can do and there is no limit. We can do whatever we think that it may take us closer to Guru sahib. but we can't make that as compulsory for everyeone. This will stop persons becomming Amritdhari. It may sound easier to you but very difficult for new commer. Let Guru sahib decide what everyones does.

Gurskihi is a school where every one learns how to become topper.It may take years and yeras or janams. we can't think that evry new admission is a topper.

Do u think that weak Amritdhari should not have taken Amrit as he can't keep full rehat??

gurfateh g here r options

1) go in a lake ( when i swim in the ocean i just use my tshirt n kacherra)

2) i have sometimes a special kirpan which is smaller 3- 6 inches or so that i use for showering and getting wet use that one

3) buy swimsuit matiral or waterproof matirial n wear it as a patka ( i dont like the idea of swimcaps)

4) i dont care about my hairy legs n if ur like me i wear

1) Dance leotard (has sleeves just like a swimsuit n u can wear this over or under ur kacherra)

2) Over the leotard i wear skorts (shorts r fine too )

If you do care about hairy legs than wear a scuba suit :)