Incident Outside Barking Gurdwara

frontline

Didn't he just urinate on in a hedge with ikongkaar, on it? He was drunk and didn't know what he was doing. God will punish him for it, no need to worry. It's not like he was doing it inside on the floor. If he knew what he was doing, than that is different. But i don't think he did it on purpose.

Also i don't even think we can take the person who wrote the blog very seriously, because have you seen the the colloquial language used. Saying they were coming back from a "mates party... 3am" Sounds like they had some to drink aswell. I shouldn't assume, but who else comes back from a party 3 am, thats not a drinker. a good sikh would know not to get involved in these types of things.

Veerji,

Yes, he was possibly drunk, so he wouldn't know what he was doing. We however, were not drinking alcohol. It's kind of like seeing a drunk person hit your father, but still not doing anything about it.

She had come back from a "mates party...3am". So what? Veerji, sometimes I'm out and about in the middle of the night with my friends. During our first year of uni, we lived on campus, so we'd definitely be out at odd hours just cause. I don't drink alcohol, never have and hopefully never will. I don't go to clubs. I don't take drugs. Yet sometimes I'm walking around at weird times just cause I'm weird like that. Maybe the information this person provided is correct, maybe it's not. However, I'm sure if any of us had even the slightest hint of a loved one being disrespected, we'd be doing something about it. Guru Ji doesn't need us, Guru Ji does not depend on us. But it says a lot about our own love for Guru Ji when we see someone, intentionally or unintentionally, disrespecting Guru Ji, and we do nothing about it.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else, if I did, please forgive me. :)

ahh u lot are doing my head in!

just reading all these arguments makes my head explode lol/.

The white man didnt know what he was doing, and he apologized for it, simple.

THE PROBLEM IS,,,,WHY WAS THERE BANI ON A HEDGE/BUSH IN THE FIRST PLACE??!

IT SHOULDNT BE PUT ON BUSHES BECAUSE WE NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE WHERE WE ALLOW BANI TO BE PLACED. FORGET THE PEE ON IT , WHAT WHEN IT RAINS ON IT ON EVERY OTHER DAY AND OTHER WEATHERING FORCES ? THATS WRONG ALSO.

THEY GURDWARA SHOULD MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN BY SIMPLY NOT CARVING BANI IN2 THE HEDGE AGAIN. SIMPLE, SORTED, NOW EVERY1 STOP ARGUING AND LETS GET ONTO ANOTHER ISSUE EFFECTING THE SIKH COMMUNITY PLEAZE THANX.

FATEH

P.S. can the topic started get hold of the gurdwara phone number and contact details and 1 simple fone call doing a kind benthi is all that is needed. im sure they will be more than happy to co-orperate in this matter.

All these secret jasoos’s blogs who wait for the problems, put it on their blog and get some thrill from everyone gasping with shock and horror. Suggestion... you lot in East London have enough wannabe kharkoos. Instead of organizing your stand up comedy shows in you nice new formed academy/colleges go down and do paraydari sewa at your local Gurdwaras and protect your hedges.

Thing is...is the issue being raised by frontliners news team regarding the "specific" part of the bush or is the entire bush?? What if the Gora urinated on another part of the bush where Ik Oankaar was not hedged in would that have been "ok" and not got a mention on the blog.

Unless someone from the blog's investigation team is willing to provide Paraydari sewa for the Guru Ghar, you aint otherwise going to do much in preventing the odd lost soul urinating outside the Gurdwara.

Strangley enough, if people are going to object to Gurbani being displayed anywhere on the Guru Ghar's property then do we take the Gurbani away from any part of the property which is not in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Saroop or a gutka sahib? Even if Ik Oankaar was not displayed on the hedge would you have been ok about any urine, dog poo, cigerrete smoke etc around the outskirts of the Gurdwara footpath or would you have simply ignored it?

Wjkk Wjkf

I can see people's perspective on this, First of all the person who did it is a fool, the commitee's are fools. We do not need a hedge with Guru's bani on there, we have the Nishaan Sahib to tell us this is Guru ji's house. 2nd point disrespecting Bani, i think visiting Gurdwara's on a daily basis up and down the country, i believe we have bigger issues with the masunds within it, they don't even wash or provide new Ramalleh for Guru Granth Sahib ji, that is sachi bani. What about Ramaal's used by people, they have bani all over them, people wipe there noses on them etc, is that not the same?