Punjab Radio

guru guru jap

'Ros Na Kitthe, Uttar Dije'

Meaning, no need for anger, give a response. That is what I feel we should do, not indira style censorship of anybody who has a different view to us, I have faith in the Dasam granth, although there is great controversy around some parts of this Bani I believe one has to look as they do to all of the Adi Granth through means of morals, values and principles, rather than acts themselves, there are sexual acts described in some parts of Dasam Bani, that doesn't mean we should carry out these, it means we should learn from the morals of these examples, nothing is literal in this sense and thats why some 'scholars' do beadbi of Bani because they have failed to understand what Sants have failed too that there is great use of symbolism within Bani... There is no means of intelligent thinking within authorities within the Panth and that is why we have such divisions.

I don't agree.. I feel Gian is the primary value within Sikhi, I feel that Sikhi is a dharam by which values and principles are heavily relied on in order to judge morality, Naam Japna is also very important, but there is no call for Paath Japna,,,, therefore we are supposed to learn Bani, and our Paaths are meant to be understood and implemented in our lives, not just chanted, that is disrespect to the beauty of the words our Bani contains.

As I've said many times I don't agree with people saying anti-Sikh statements against Dasam Granth Ji however I don't agree with the dismissive views of some groups who say we 'turn off speakers' when we feel that Bani is too explicit these people credit these 'know it alls' who claim that the Dasam Granth is false, yes there are parts of it which discuss in depth sexual acts and incest among other controversial things, but one needs to understand it is in context to everyday life, examples of why we should not carry out controversial acts, a form of symbolism, if one doesn't understand that then they will live in doubt forever. Alot of youngsters dont even understand what is being said, so they feel it is not of any relevance to them, however all Bani is relevant to every Sikh. That is why there is a cal for people to be UNDERSTANDING and gaining GIAN, because this debate about Dasam Granth could have been settled a long time ago if we put importance in being able to read, write and gain GIAN from Bani rather than asking Pandits and other politically affiliated people to help with our debates, we made fools of ourselves by doing so!

I have never defended these people, show me where I have, I have simply said we should allow them to speak and disprove them with our own arguments rather than acting like childish scum and attacking them, then we divide Sikhs further, but alot of Singhs fail to understand this and commit Paaps and can't claim to be Singhs by doing so.

Panjab Radio and Bhai Jasbir Singh do some very effective parchaar like them or not, that is a personal issue I am speaking in regards to Sikhi they put forward logical views which do make sense, and in turn they help non Gursikhs to live a more Gurmat lifestyle, if there is clear beadbi of Bani I would disagree with them, however all that I see is a platform being provided for ALL people to put forward views, and some people don't like this because they find it hard to counter arguments... again this highlights the importance of Gian without Gian we are unable to counter people's argument, if we have no knowledge how can we correct people who speak incorrectly?

To say one doesn't need to learn anything to be a Sikh is misinforming Sangat and therefore I suggest all people who don't understand the need for Gian to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, Gian is what makes the distinction of humans from the animal world, if we are to turn a blind eye to this, we are only doing so for our own sake, as we may find it difficult to gain gian, but if we do this we are then a manmukh and gurmat tells us to gain gian at all possible opportunities.

Dasam Granth is a granth for Gurmukh jogis. manmukh bhogis cann't understand this granth. You have not answered my question. How come you support Punjab radio when it is propagating against dasam Bani.

These people know shallowness of their fake knowledge and hence have refused to enter a dilogue with singhs who defend traditional sikhi. Whenever they enetered in a debate they were made to look like fools having no answer for questions of Gursikhs. Example are video of Singh sabha canada <banned word filter activated> Gurcharan Jeonwala having debate with Baba Hari singh Randhawawale and debate between jatha singhs and inder Ghagha in Canada.

Their radio shows are doctored where called with opposite views are not enetertained or cut abruptly. Phoney callers are lines up to prop these naastik presenters.

Can you tell us what is meant by Gian and how it is acquired.

Meaning, no need for anger, give a response. That is what I feel we should do, not indira style censorship of anybody who has a different view to us, I have faith in the Dasam granth, although there is great controversy around some parts of this Bani I believe one has to look as they do to all of the Adi Granth through means of morals, values and principles, rather than acts themselves, there are sexual acts described in some parts of Dasam Bani, that doesn't mean we should carry out these, it means we should learn from the morals of these examples, nothing is literal in this sense and thats why some 'scholars' do beadbi of Bani because they have failed to understand what Sants have failed too that there is great use of symbolism within Bani... There is no means of intelligent thinking within authorities within the Panth and that is why we have such divisions.

I don't agree.. I feel Gian is the primary value within Sikhi, I feel that Sikhi is a dharam by which values and principles are heavily relied on in order to judge morality, Naam Japna is also very important, but there is no call for Paath Japna,,,, therefore we are supposed to learn Bani, and our Paaths are meant to be understood and implemented in our lives, not just chanted, that is disrespect to the beauty of the words our Bani contains.

As I've said many times I don't agree with people saying anti-Sikh statements against Dasam Granth Ji however I don't agree with the dismissive views of some groups who say we 'turn off speakers' when we feel that Bani is too explicit these people credit these 'know it alls' who claim that the Dasam Granth is false, yes there are parts of it which discuss in depth sexual acts and incest among other controversial things, but one needs to understand it is in context to everyday life, examples of why we should not carry out controversial acts, a form of symbolism, if one doesn't understand that then they will live in doubt forever. Alot of youngsters dont even understand what is being said, so they feel it is not of any relevance to them, however all Bani is relevant to every Sikh. That is why there is a cal for people to be UNDERSTANDING and gaining GIAN, because this debate about Dasam Granth could have been settled a long time ago if we put importance in being able to read, write and gain GIAN from Bani rather than asking Pandits and other politically affiliated people to help with our debates, we made fools of ourselves by doing so!

I have never defended these people, show me where I have, I have simply said we should allow them to speak and disprove them with our own arguments rather than acting like childish scum and attacking them, then we divide Sikhs further, but alot of Singhs fail to understand this and commit Paaps and can't claim to be Singhs by doing so.

Panjab Radio and Bhai Jasbir Singh do some very effective parchaar like them or not, that is a personal issue I am speaking in regards to Sikhi they put forward logical views which do make sense, and in turn they help non Gursikhs to live a more Gurmat lifestyle, if there is clear beadbi of Bani I would disagree with them, however all that I see is a platform being provided for ALL people to put forward views, and some people don't like this because they find it hard to counter arguments... again this highlights the importance of Gian without Gian we are unable to counter people's argument, if we have no knowledge how can we correct people who speak incorrectly?

To say one doesn't need to learn anything to be a Sikh is misinforming Sangat and therefore I suggest all people who don't understand the need for Gian to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, Gian is what makes the distinction of humans from the animal world, if we are to turn a blind eye to this, we are only doing so for our own sake, as we may find it difficult to gain gian, but if we do this we are then a manmukh and gurmat tells us to gain gian at all possible opportunities.

Dasam Granth is a granth for Gurmukh jogis. manmukh bhogis cann't understand this granth. You have not answered my question. How come you support Punjab radio when it is propagating against dasam Bani.

These people know shallowness of their fake knowledge and hence have refused to enter a dilogue with singhs who defend traditional sikhi. Whenever they enetered in a debate they were made to look like fools having no answer for questions of Gursikhs. Example are video of Singh sabha canada <banned word filter activated> Gurcharan Jeonwala having debate with Baba Hari singh Randhawawale and debate between jatha singhs and inder Ghagha in Canada.

Their radio shows are doctored where called with opposite views are not enetertained or cut abruptly. Phoney callers are lines up to prop these naastik presenters.

Guest confusingh

Gian is gained by understanding the paaths we say, if we have no knowledge of what we are saying how are we expected to implement these values and principles which Guru Ji has left us in our lives, I have said, Naam Japna and meditation upon Waheguru's name is also essential for a Sikh, however understanding and knowledge of Gurbani and Gurmat lifestyle is only gained through the understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, if one seeks this then they are in turn a Gurmukh as they are following the messages within Gurbani, if one neglects this and has no knowledge of their paaths and ardas they are saying then they are unable to understand the message within Bani and how to implement this in their lives.

I believe that their opinions are down to the presenters, I don't agree with their view about Dasam Bani, however they don't completely dismiss the whole of Sri Dasam Granth Ji, so other than the fact that they may not pay due attention to all parts of Bani I can't criticise them for the rest of the parchaar they do about Sikhi, they simply raise questions about the compilation of Bani and I feel that they wrong, but the rest of parchar they are doing is reaching out to Sikhs, they do say to gain knowledge from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and do paaths and shabads of Sri Dasam Granth Ji so although the one point I don't agree with them with, I do feel they are effective in appealing the Sangat to a Gursikh lifestyle. Again, I believe people should be allowed to put their views forward and I see it as a challenge to sangat to disprove these people with our own responses rather than just saying we should boycott a media platfrom which does give us an opportunity to air our views.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gian is gained by understanding the paaths we say, if we have no knowledge of what we are saying how are we expected to implement these values and principles which Guru Ji has left us in our lives, I have said, Naam Japna and meditation upon Waheguru's name is also essential for a Sikh, however understanding and knowledge of Gurbani and Gurmat lifestyle is only gained through the understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, if one seeks this then they are in turn a Gurmukh as they are following the messages within Gurbani, if one neglects this and has no knowledge of their paaths and ardas they are saying then they are unable to understand the message within Bani and how to implement this in their lives.

Gurbani says

ਸੋ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥:

So giaani jin sabad liva laee:

He alone is gian a knower of the knowledge, who focuses on the Name

ang 831

It means that one can realize akal purakh even if one does not have the abiltiy to read. So your sermons of gian become hollow in light of Guru ji's advice. Stop fooling around as you are in complete ignorance like your missionary buddies.

Guest confusingh

Gurbani says

ਸੋ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥:

So giaani jin sabad liva laee:

He alone is gian a knower of the knowledge, who focuses on the Name

ang 831

It means that one can realize akal purakh even if one does not have the abiltiy to read. So your sermons of gian become hollow in light of Guru ji's advice. Stop fooling around as you are in complete ignorance like your missionary buddies.

The quote is in reference to keeping one aware of the word of Shabad, your translation has been incorrect,

''ਸੋ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥''

SO GIANI JIVAN SABAD LIV LAEE

He is alone The giani (spiritual leader ), who lovingly focuses his consciousness of the word of Shabad.

You translated this to be He alone is gian a knower of the knowledge, who focuses on the Name,

however the term used in this quote is GIANI, meaning the 'learned one, the spiritual leader or the well knowledged' and the reference in this quote is also not to naam, but is to shabad (SABAD), shabad being a hymn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Therefore you have translated and understood this quote incorrectly my brother, even several online translations will show you have interpreted this incorrectly and also translated incorrectly...

'He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Shabad'

For further clarification, this means that ones consciousness should be focused upon the meaning of shabad, the word of the shabad, meaning every word within a shabad should have ones full focus and we should be aware of the message of Shabad, you have totally misinterpreted the quote veer ji...

Again, I am not of a missionary background, as I have said in previous posts I am of no loyalties to any groups or Deras or Sants as such. I suggest you gain further gian and attempt to learn quotes thoroughly for future reference, it may help you to understand further about Gurmat. Ignorance= the lack of knowledge or education, in future Veer ji please choose your words wisely and take the initiative to learn more about quotes used in order to back your points up.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The quote is in reference to keeping one aware of the word of Shabad, your translation has been incorrect,

He is alone The giani (spiritual leader ), who lovingly focuses his consciousness of the word of Shabad.

You translated this to be He alone is gian a knower of the knowledge, who focuses on the Name,

however the term used in this quote is GIANI, meaning the 'learned one, the spiritual leader or the well knowledged' and the reference in this quote is also not to naam, but is to shabad (SABAD), shabad being a hymn from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Therefore you have translated and understood this quote incorrectly my brother, even several online translations will show you have interpreted this incorrectly and also translated incorrectly...

'He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Shabad'

For further clarification, this means that ones consciousness should be focused upon the meaning of shabad, the word of the shabad, meaning every word within a shabad should have ones full focus and we should be aware of the message of Shabad, you have totally misinterpreted the quote veer ji...

Again, I am not of a missionary background, as I have said in previous posts I am of no loyalties to any groups or Deras or Sants as such. I suggest you gain further gian and attempt to learn quotes thoroughly for future reference, it may help you to understand further about Gurmat. Ignorance= the lack of knowledge or education, in future Veer ji please choose your words wisely and take the initiative to learn more about quotes used in order to back your points up.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Confu singh

What is a shabad? Can a normal man concentrate on shabad.

Your interpretation is totally skewed and refletcs that you have no knowledge of Gurmat. Here a Giani is a Gurmukh.

please enlighten me about shabad. Do not beat about bush. Please tell if you are not aware of meaning of shabad.

Guest confusingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Confu singh

What is a shabad? Can a normal man concentrate on shabad.

Your interpretation is totally skewed and refletcs that you have no knowledge of Gurmat. Here a Giani is a Gurmukh.

please enlighten me about shabad. Do not beat about bush. Please tell if you are not aware of meaning of shabad.

Shabad = hymn or section of our Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, the first shabad being mool mantar.

You claim I have no knowledge of Gurmat, but I didn't translate and interpret the quote wrong veer ji, that was you lol,

You've not even acknowledged in your response that the quote from Maharaj ji was in reference to GIANI not GIAN,,, ok so even if we are to use the term Gurmukh, then it is still in reference to focusing upon Shabad. The quote is a call for Sikhs to focus and concentrate upon the message within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as Guru ji is our guide to live our lifes in a journey to mukti and learning of Gurmat. Yes a normal man can concentrate on Shabad if they have the self-discipline and take their time to learn about the message within Shabad, Paaths, and Gurbani in general.

You have responded to your misinterpretation and incorrect translation, by simply trying to insult me and changing the subject, although I am not really insulted, it was yourself who chose to use a quote which you did not understand the meaning of, that is not my fault Veer ji, all I intended to do was correct you not offend you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

You've not even acknowledged in your response that the quote from Maharaj ji was in reference to GIANI not GIAN,,, ok so even if we are to use the term Gurmukh, then it is still in reference to focusing upon Shabad. The quote is a call for Sikhs to focus and concentrate upon the message within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as Guru ji is our guide to live our lifes in a journey to mukti and learning of Gurmat. Yes a normal man can concentrate on Shabad if they have the self-discipline and take their time to learn about the message within Shabad, Paaths, and Gurbani in general

Confu singh ji

Giani is the person who has gained gian. So Guru ji says that a person who has been able to focus on shabad is gainer of divine knowledge. Raed the entire shabad and you will realize what Guru ji says about a manmukh.

How will you interpret this

Antar shabad nidhan hai mil aap gwaiye

ang 228

Su Shabad nirantari nij ghar aashai, tribhavan joti su Shabad lahai

ang 945

So shabad is not just a hymn.It is much more than a hymn.

Guest confusingh
You've not even acknowledged in your response that the quote from Maharaj ji was in reference to GIANI not GIAN,,, ok so even if we are to use the term Gurmukh, then it is still in reference to focusing upon Shabad. The quote is a call for Sikhs to focus and concentrate upon the message within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as Guru ji is our guide to live our lifes in a journey to mukti and learning of Gurmat. Yes a normal man can concentrate on Shabad if they have the self-discipline and take their time to learn about the message within Shabad, Paaths, and Gurbani in general

Confu singh ji

Giani is the person who has gained gian. So Guru ji says that a person who has been able to focus on shabad is gainer of divine knowledge. Raed the entire shabad and you will realize what Guru ji says about a manmukh.

How will you interpret this

Antar shabad nidhan hai mil aap gwaiye

ang 228

Su Shabad nirantari nij ghar aashai, tribhavan joti su Shabad lahai

ang 945

So shabad is not just a hymn.It is much more than a hymn.

I agree shabad is much more than a hymn, i didn't go in to much detail in my first definition apolgies, a hymn is the process by which the praise of God or parts of scriptures are performed within a musical manner... therfore when one performs a Shabad as in kirtan, we are then using the closest English translation one can find which is 'hymn'.

A Shabad is the message within Bani and a section of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, in regards to the quotes you have provided,

'Antar Sabad nidhan hai mil aap gavaiai'

Deep within the self if the treasure of Shabad, this is only obtained by eradicating ones selfishness and conceit.

In clarification, That Shabad has depth beyond within ourselves, meaning Shabad's (the message of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) treasures are within us and we are able to attain these when we eliminate completely selfishness and false pride.

The second quote form Guru ji's ang 945 ...

'So sabad nirantar nij ghar acchai taribhavan jot so sabad lahai'

The shabad permeates the nucleus of one's self, deep within, in its own home; the light of this Shabad prevades the three worlds.

In clarification, The Shabad spreads through or passes through the core centre of us around which everything else is built up, deep in its own home, with reference to Shabad again being within ourselves and the light of the shabad is within the whole of the three worlds... taribhavan being the three worlds; heaven, earth and lower world.

Again Veer ji, you have not countered my arguments as I have not said anything about what you are now talking about I have not questioned the importance and depth of Shabad at any point, please be a bit more conclusive in your responses you are not backing up your views effectively, and you incorrectly translated the initial quote which you intended on using to argue against me saying a person should know what they are saying when they are reading Bani or doing Paath, and that they should attempt to always gain knowledge from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj to guide us as of how we should live a Gursikh lifestyle, understand Gurmat and lead us to Mukti. You haven't made a point as of yet veer ji.

I would also like to point out a further quote from ang 945 of Guru Maharaj which again guides Sikhs to seek knowledge and understanding Bani...

'Anhad bani gurmukh jani birlo ko arthavai.'

The Gurmukh knows the unstruck sound current of the Bani; how rare are those who understand.

In clarification, The Gurmukh (one who follows the ways of Guru Ji, one who controls their animal desires and lives according to Gurbani) knows the unstruck (strong flow of) bani, how rare (jani birlo) are those who (ko) understand (arthavai), again this urges Sikhs to gain gian from bani and attain an understanding of Gurbani also. I hope this helps you understand my point.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In clarification, The Gurmukh (one who follows the ways of Guru Ji, one who controls their animal desires and lives according to Gurbani) knows the unstruck (strong flow of) bani, how rare (jani birlo) are those who (ko) understand (arthavai), again this urges Sikhs to gain gian from bani and attain an understanding of Gurbani also. I hope this helps you understand my point.

Confu singh ji

Inner desires or panch doot are not controlled just by saying or reading scriptures. These weaknesses are controlled or tamed only by bhagti. That is why our Gurus have stressed that essence of God relaization is naam simran.So those missionaries like ghagha etc who say naam jaap is a gorakh dhandha know nothing about sikh philosophy. That is the point i was making all along.

confused singh veere..if you are a gurmukh and love guru gobind singh ji with a pure heart....then veere beware ! thats all i will say. Do not doubt shaheedian of Singhs of Guruji whether they are inline with science or not. And if you hurt a piara Gurmukh of guruji even by mistake, guruji pays you back. period. i speak from personal experience. sants do exist but i still have to see a real sant yet but that does not mean i should stop believing in what i have never seen. just jap naam. that will lead you infinite bliss. just jap waheguru gurmantar. fateh ! see you in next life !!