Chigwell School Beadbi

SaRpAnCh

Thanks so much rupiner veerji. I hope i havent upset you. You seem to be taking this topic very seriously. Sorry to offend.

Are you local to the school Rupiner?

Internet Warrior

It's Rupin"D"er my dear friend. But you can call me rupiner too.

I studied in London and spent some time in the land of Essex. I got into Sikhi after attending the Sikh Student Camps in 2003/04 held at GS Khalsa college so have some fond memories of the college. But I do remember that noone locally visted the college for darshan of Maharaj even though the gates were always open.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupiner Veerji maf kar na for getting your name wrong :rolleyes:

It isnt your real name anyway...so what does it matter.

Once again sorry to offend you.

Thanks for your help Veer.

Internet Warrior.

lol. I don't think I am worth of all your attention.

Anyway, one idea for the concerned locals. Why not book the Gurdwara for a weekly keeran diwan? Start getting locals to feel they are part of the sangat of this Gurdwara. It's an ideal location for a smagam.

This way locals will start identifing that a gurdwara exits which needs sangat commitment.

I agree with you rupinder but you are wrong about locals not being involved. It is not strictly a Gurdwara as we normally know them, it's still a school governed by different rules. It's not that easy to turn up and do sewa.

On the other hand I do agree that locals have neglected the khalsa school by distancing themselves altogether. At least the camps were a way of feeling part of the school, but due to pressure from some local knowitalls this stopped too.

Being local to the area I agree that there is more commitment we can give to the school, even if we do not send our own children there.

I agree with you rupinder but you are wrong about locals not being involved. It is not strictly a Gurdwara as we normally know them, it's still a school governed by different rules. It's not that easy to turn up and do sewa.

On the other hand I do agree that locals have neglected the khalsa school by distancing themselves altogether. At least the camps were a way of feeling part of the school, but due to pressure from some local knowitalls this stopped too.

Being local to the area I agree that there is more commitment we can give to the school, even if we do not send our own children there.

Point taken. Is the question then whether there is a need for the Khalsa School? Should there even be a Gurdwara within this school?

What is the current pupil count because as far as I know I don't know any of my relatives from that part of the world who send their kids to the Khalsa School.

Point taken. Is the question then whether there is a need for the Khalsa School? Should there even be a Gurdwara within this school?

What is the current pupil count because as far as I know I don't know any of my relatives from that part of the world who send their kids to the Khalsa School.

From my understanding the school was popular in its early days. Due to poor results and rumours most parents took their kids out. No one seems to use the gurdwara part of the school at all. Its just there for the sake of it.

Sangat Ji i think we should not jump to conclucions, the gurdwara sahib/school maybe doing things wrong but that does not mean the sikh student organisers are the same far from it form what i have heard from campers and sevadars at the camp.

Ive heard about so much beabhi being done at the khalsa school where recently the AKJ did a program, this does mean the AKJ are doing beabhi????

Its up to the comittees or everyday sevadars to uphold the satkar of the gurdwara sahib

Just to clarify, theres no regular sangat who attend this gurdwara. Since the school opened rumours have always been circulated. First it was about the baba who started it and then the rumours about the camps tarnished the school locally. Rumours are very powerfull and have sucessfully managed to keep the sangat away.

Theres another sikh school recently opened nearby which was started by a split off from the khalsa school. So it looks like theres a management problem at the school.