Shocked

I humbly bow

Ive just recently come back from India, and i did darshan at Sri Harminder Sahib....i was absoultely shocked.

When you go into the darbar there is a line, but everyone is pushing and shoving so aggressively! all my feet got cut from people trampling them, i almost dropped my prashad, and i'm sure other people actualy did drop it. little kids were being stamped on! And there was even this one guy who was groping, firstly me, then my cousin while everyone was so squished together. I am so shocked!!

I went to Anandpur Sahib as well and that was so peaceful!! there were a lot of people there 2, but there was no pushing and shoving like in Amritsar. How are people allowed to do this? there should be someone making sure that there are organised queues with no pushing or shoving!!

Groping is normal in Darbar Sahib! You are lucky you were not robbed of your goods or money or valuables!! People are crazy here. Most theives are drug addicts who look to steal everything in sight for buying nasha. All the time there is tiddi dal swarming for darshan, some of guru sahib and some of beautiful bibian! The whole place is falling apart.

Groping is normal in Darbar Sahib! You are lucky you were not robbed of your goods or money or valuables!! People are crazy here. Most theives are drug addicts who look to steal everything in sight for buying nasha. All the time there is tiddi dal swarming for darshan, some of guru sahib and some of beautiful bibian! The whole place is falling apart.

lol

this happens so often in pendu (village) gurdwaras in india... also in historical ones..

for the shoving and pushing thing.. i think there shoud be sikh guards..

u know.. 6+ feet tall, massive singhs in bana with spears etc in harmandar sahib... to prevent teasing, or young mischeivous boys, pushing and shoving etc...

what u guys think?

There are guards at Darbar Sahib but they can not be omnipresent! Usually the crowd is quiet and discplined but when you get inside for mattha taking all hell breaks loose. Theres much pushing around by stupid people, esp. middle age or old biji types! Besides nobody bothers about the guards, everyone thinks oneself as supreme. If it is some historic or important festival day, you can forget about taking mattha. The scene inside Akal Takht is also very crowded. But this is normal in India, esp.at hindu temples (two days ago more than 150 died in another stampede at some temple in Rajasthan). The crowd is everywhere, on roads, inside buses, on cycle rickshaws, markets etc. We are a one billion strong nation and still going strong! Ithe ta ghumiar te ghumiar chadiya hoya hai!!

Ive just recently come back from India, and i did darshan at Sri Harminder Sahib....i was absoultely shocked.

When you go into the darbar there is a line, but everyone is pushing and shoving so aggressively! all my feet got cut from people trampling them, i almost dropped my prashad, and i'm sure other people actualy did drop it. little kids were being stamped on! And there was even this one guy who was groping, firstly me, then my cousin while everyone was so squished together. I am so shocked!!

I went to Anandpur Sahib as well and that was so peaceful!! there were a lot of people there 2, but there was no pushing and shoving like in Amritsar. How are people allowed to do this? there should be someone making sure that there are organised queues with no pushing or shoving!!

First please do note that on an ordinary day about 70,000 people come to do Darshan in Darbaar Sahib. On weekends, Masya , Puranmashi and Gurpurabs the number can go upto 5,00,000.

I go to Darbar Sahib regularly and I've never been pushed. In fact Sangat is very patient and caring. Elderly, mothers carriying kids , pregnant women are gently asked to move ahead.

Wonder if you bothered to look aroung and see why all the pushing was tkaing place?

Guur Rakha

There are guards at Darbar Sahib but they can not be omnipresent! Usually the crowd is quiet and discplined but when you get inside for mattha taking all hell breaks loose. Theres much pushing around by stupid people, esp. middle age or old biji types! Besides nobody bothers about the guards, everyone thinks oneself as supreme. If it is some historic or important festival day, you can forget about taking mattha. The scene inside Akal Takht is also very crowded. But this is normal in India, esp.at hindu temples (two days ago more than 150 died in another stampede at some temple in Rajasthan). The crowd is everywhere, on roads, inside buses, on cycle rickshaws, markets etc. We are a one billion strong nation and still going strong! Ithe ta ghumiar te ghumiar chadiya hoya hai!!

... hmmm... strange.. i never saw a guard.. lol

I went in the last week of August. This time there were sevadars sending in a certain amount of sangat to do matha tekna. It was more controlled and organised for once. It made no difference when you got inside the darbar sahib though. Total chaos. Its quite shameful really, you can't even do matha tekna properly. I mean it's not a race. Patience - something that Indians lack.

First please do note that on an ordinary day about 70,000 people come to do Darshan in Darbaar Sahib. On weekends, Masya , Puranmashi and Gurpurabs the number can go upto 5,00,000.

I go to Darbar Sahib regularly and I've never been pushed. In fact Sangat is very patient and caring. Elderly, mothers carriying kids , pregnant women are gently asked to move ahead.

Wonder if you bothered to look aroung and see why all the pushing was tkaing place?

Guur Rakha

are we talking about the same place?

When you try to go into the darbar hall, there is soo much pushing its unbelievable!

even when i went to do ishnaan the, i was queing at the exit door by mistake, there was a woman in front of me who said shed left somthing inside and the sevadar was pushing the huge stick into her saying go round the other way and queue up again!

as to why there was pushing......well i was squished so tightly i couldnt even look around to see who was groping me let alone why there was pushing! my cousin said its always like this, everytime shes been there i couldn't believe it!