sggs

DhadiMania

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

As a Guru, it demands the best respect, seva only from those who have sworn to protect Guru and the Khalsa panth.

However, it is also a simple guide, which is open to everybody at anytime they wish to look for guidance.

Please forgive me if this answer is unsatisfactory.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, u've got to be kidding me.

Were you born an Amritdhari? Who were you before you were Amritdhai?? You wanted to become a Deciple of a Guru and yet you had no idea who the Guru is or what his message is?? Did you blindly go and take Amrit? The connection between the Guru and the deciple is not just of initiation, it is of Love. you can be initiated and not love and your initiation is just fruitless. Love has no restriction. It is available to anyone. If a Mona has love for the Guru He has every right to read from guru ji. If one doesn't love the guru He has every right to read from the guru yes given that he is doing it with respect and not under the influence of drugs etc. . How it will affect them is dependent on this inner quality, their love, their devotion, the tendernes of theri hearts, their reception of the Shabad and NOONE has the right to stop anyone from such trial.

Your humanity gives you the right to search and your love gives you the right to the Guru.

So many posts get created regarding the Unity of the Panth, and yet the post are made of how to Segregate others. Posts are made of how we should spread the word of Sikhi to other, and yet these question arise. First make everyone Amritdhari and then tell us what the message for us is? You expect someone to place faith in your word and be initiated into something before every laying eyes on the Guru that is to guide him, well good luck finding that someone. You are putting Amrit ahead of the guru?? IT IS BECAUSE OF THE GURU THAT AMRIT EXISTS. Amrit is only significant when Love is the reason and love happens from relationship, if i can't see/read my guru how am i t

o have a relationship, how is he going to change me to be showered with that love if i can't read the Guru??

My question is did any of the 10 Gurus restrict devotees from entering into the Darbaar??? Even the sinners came, and those who were in love came, along with those who were curious. He was and IS for EVERYONE.

Waheguru

Were you born an Amritdhari? Who were you before you were Amritdhai?? You wanted to become a Deciple of a Guru and yet you had no idea who the Guru is or what his message is?? Did you blindly go and take Amrit? The connection between the Guru and the deciple is not just of initiation, it is of Love. you can be initiated and not love and your initiation is just fruitless. Love has no restriction. It is available to anyone. If a Mona has love for the Guru He has every right to read from guru ji. If one doesn't love the guru He has every right to read from the guru yes given that he is doing it with respect and not under the influence of drugs etc. . How it will affect them is dependent on this inner quality, their love, their devotion, the tendernes of theri hearts, their reception of the Shabad and NOONE has the right to stop anyone from such trial.

Your humanity gives you the right to search and your love gives you the right to the Guru.

So many posts get created regarding the Unity of the Panth, and yet the post are made of how to Segregate others. Posts are made of how we should spread the word of Sikhi to other, and yet these question arise. First make everyone Amritdhari and then tell us what the message for us is? You expect someone to place faith in your word and be initiated into something before every laying eyes on the Guru that is to guide him, well good luck finding that someone. You are putting Amrit ahead of the guru?? IT IS BECAUSE O

F THE GURU THAT AMRIT EXISTS. Amrit is only significant when Love is the reason and love happens from relationship, if i can't see/read my guru how am i to have a relationship, how is he going to change me to be showered with that love if i can't read the Guru??

My question is did any of the 10 Gurus restrict devotees from entering into the Darbaar??? Even the sinners came, and those who were in love came, along with those who were curious. He was and IS for EVERYONE.

Waheguru

Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........so true ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

So many posts get created regarding the Unity of the Panth, and yet the post are made of how to Segregate others. Posts are made of how we should spread the word of Sikhi to other, and yet these question arise. First make everyone Amritdhari and then tell us what the message for us is? You expect someone to place faith in your word and be initiated into something before every laying eyes on the Guru that is to guide him, well good

luck finding that someone. You are putting Amrit ahead of the guru?? IT IS BECAUSE OF THE GURU THAT AMRIT EXISTS. Amrit is only significant when Love is the reason and love happens from relationship, if i can't see/read my guru how am i to have a relationship, how is he going to change me to be showered with that love if i can't read the Guru??

Waheguru

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Pheena jee, that is, I believe, close to what I did say. Everyone should have a right to access the Adi Granth at anytime, but similarily, the protectors of the Guru should be those who have sworn to uphold and protect the Guru.

an analogy: All peasants should be allowed to access the king, ask for advice, pittence, etc. But those who protect that king should be the best soldiers that the army can offer, those people who have sworn to die for the king. This is similar to the case of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

oh ...........................    

Waheguru

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Pheena jee, that is, I believe, close to what I did say. Everyone should have a right to access the Adi Granth at anytime, but similarily, the protectors of the Guru should be those who have sworn to uphold and protect the Guru.

an analogy: All peasants should be allowed to access the king, ask for advice, pittence, etc. But those who protect that king should be the best soldiers that the army can offer, those people who have sworn to die for the king. This is similar to the case of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i agree, the love of the guru is EQUAL to everyone. In the eyes of the deciples there is a sense of closeness 'cause they feel th

ey have more rights to the guru because they have surrendered to him. In the eyes of the Master All are equal. He does not shun away a random visitor because he is not his deciple. He welcomes them with the same love as for his deciples. It is only natural for the existing deciples to feel a sense of superiority because they have surrendered so much to be with their master and a sense of jeleousy that someoen who has not done so get the same treatment of love. One thing the deciples do not see is that you surrendered for Yourself, not for the Guru. You took amrit for yourself, not for the Guru, He did not need you, but you needed him. Comparson between the deciple and the non-deciple is a dangerous thing because it creates a superiority complex that feeds your ego.

Yes it is obvious that the Deicples that live with the Guru and have Surrendered are beneficiaries of his Grace every day because of this surrender. Remember that deciple who is benefiting from his grace by initiating and surrender was once a visitor.

i agree, the love of the guru is EQUAL to everyone. In the eyes of the deciples there is a sense of closeness 'cause they feel they have more rights to the guru because they have surrendered to him. In the eyes of the Master All are equal. He does not shun away a random visitor because he is not his deciple. He welcomes them with the same love as for his deciples. It is only natural for the existing deciples to feel a sense of superiority because they have surrendered so much to be with their master and a sense of jeleousy that someoen who has not done so get the same treatment of love. One thing the deciples do not see is that you surrendered for Yourself, not for the Guru. You took amrit for yourself, not for the Guru, He did not need you, but you needed him. Comparson between the deciple and the non-deciple is a dangerous thing because it creates a superiority complex that feeds your ego.

Yes it is obvious that the Deicples that live with the Guru and have Surrendered are beneficiaries of his Grace every day because of this surrender. Remember that deciple who is benefiting from his grace by initiating and surrender was once a visitor.

^_^^_^^_^ .....Thats what Sikhi says,

Regarding do seva of Guru Granth Sahib Ji,

a story/sakhi i heard a while ago (cant give the source im afraid maybe someone else has heard it also)

During the days of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharajh many people believed it was 'good luck' to do seva of the guru. There was one young man who was the son of some rich guy, he wanted to do seva of guru ji, he went to pour water (give parshada) to guru ji, and guru ji grabbed his hands. He felt that the skin was soft and had not been broken. He sent the boy away telling him to break the skin of his hands by doing seva of the sangat before he came in front of the guru.

Personally i agree with my bro's who say that there is a diff in reading gurbani for the sadhsangat and between personal recitation of Gurbani.

Dont forget that when you first start reading Gurbani and try to understand what guru ji is saying, we dont read Gurbani from Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharajh de saroop, but we use Gutkeh Sahibs. Bani is bani yes, but most of will not be able to read/do seva from Guru Granth Sahib Ji until way way into our lives. Simply because we dont know how to do it properly, you feel that you dont deserve to touch Guru Granth Sahib Ji with your undeserving hands, you cant read the Gurbani (the bani may be in larivar form).

The Gurbani we read in our daily nitnem is a lot easier to read than much of the Gurbani in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, as singh ji said, sainskrithi (sorry if i got that wrong!) de shabad are very menghe ( menghe- like expensive, use the term menghi rather than hard'difficult)

If sombody wants to learn about Gurbani, tell them to get hold of a gutka sahib and read from there. From the

re if they wish to continue to read Gurbani, and want to read more gurbani, then they will need to take some type of santia classes. Guru Ji's kirpa if you have that pyar in your heart then chances are that during this time you will have maintained some basic rehat.

Also gurbani tells us very clearly that the reason we are on this planet is to read gurbani, to sing gurbani, to meditate and understand gurbani.

What difference is there in simran, katha, kirtan, reading gurbani etc? (Sorry different topic i know!)

But seriously, lets be honest how many of us feel deserving to do Guru Ji's seva? Again we dont think of Guru Ji as GURU JI. If you were to do seva of Guru Arjan Dev ji, im sure there would be certain things we would do to prepare yourself for that seva.

So why is that any different now?