Women Social Realtionships

akal sahai

fateh sangat ji,

i came across this rehit nama on women's social realationships by bahi chaupa singh...

Social relationships

A Gursikhni should not keep the company of men other than those of her own family. She should not sit with malicious women, exchanging gossip with them. Social contacts with women belonging to the Five Reprobate Groups (panj mel) are to be avoided. [555, 564]

does this mean gursikh bibia should not have singh friends?? or keep company of males?? any veechar on this rehit nama??

isnt this the answer to singhs and singhneea talking to each other

Veerji,

I highly doubt Bhai Chaupa singh actually wrote exactly the same...

And if Bhai Chaupa Singh really said this... Then sorry, but its wrong.. (Can somebody list the 5 mels?)

(It is possible that it is wrong, as Bhai Chaupa Singh also has other mistakes like I have read the english version of Bhai Chaupa Singh's rehitnama, and it says that only 1 stanza from Chandi Charitar was read during the first Amrit Sanchar... Which i doubt is true)

Veerji,

And if Bhai Chaupa Singh really said this... Then sorry, but its wrong.. (Can somebody list the 5 mels?)

(It is possible that it is wrong, as Bhai Chaupa Singh also has other mistakes like I have read the english version of Bhai Chaupa Singh's rehitnama, and it says that only 1 stanza from Chandi Charitar was read during the first Amrit Sanchar... Which i doubt is true)

correct cause man = woman...no social differenc or order, that "rehitnama" totally ignores the concept of equality.

Veerji,

interesting

Veerji,

correct cause man = woman...no social differenc or order, that "rehitnama" totally ignores the concept of equality.

:) agree with u both^^^

///again just out of curiosity can someone list the 5 mels?

Menneye masandiye

ramraiye

dheermaliye

laddi kudi maar

and

muh munne

these are 5 mels i think

The singhs shud remain with singhs and kaurs with kaurs. However, nuthing wrong with having some necessary chit chat with fellow sisters. Plus some kaurs and singhs have very high avastha and their interaction with each other is just for gurmat reasons.

Yes, I really dislike the culture of urban sikhs where u have boys and girls doing hahaa heehee, making each other learn kirtan, using cleverness to trap boys into marrying their girls.... that culture has ruined the anakh of sikhi.... death to this culture.

Menneye masandiye

ramraiye

dheermaliye

laddi kudi maar

and

muh munne

these are 5 mels i think

The singhs shud remain with singhs and kaurs with kaurs. However, nuthing wrong with having some necessary chit chat with fellow sisters. Plus some kaurs and singhs have very high avastha and their interaction with each other is just for gurmat reasons.

Yes, I really dislike the culture of urban sikhs where u have boys and girls doing hahaa heehee, making each other learn kirtan, using cleverness to trap boys into marrying their girls.... that culture has ruined the anakh of sikhi.... death to this culture.

Sikhi is not fragile, and does not require a fragile train of thought like you have above.

That rehitnama makes perfect sense. Those who've treaded on the path of bhagati in a serious manner will tell you why this is true.

There is no such thing as a friendly conversation, especially in this age when man ( and woman :) ) can fall from grace of mind in an instant.

Maybe he/she can stay in grace of body and word, but certanily mind is rarely possible to uphold.

You can fool yourself ( or more correctly, the panj chor and their minions convince your mind) that you see such and such as a brother or sister.

But there is a certain "rass" you extract even from conversation of Guruj Maharaj or Sikhi which is not "nam rass" but "vishay rass". This rass will be too sutble for most people to pick up on, so they think they are speaking to the opposite sex with good intentions, which they are not.

Gursikhs should lower the gaze of their mind and body when they see the opposite sex. With Guru Maharaj ji's kirpa we can uphold this virtous lifestyle.