Working In A Shop Or Supermarket Selling Cigs And Tabacco

akal sahai

mhlw 5 ]

mehalaa 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

goibMd goibMd goibMd sMig nwmdyau mnu lIxw ]

gobi(n)dh gobi(n)dh gobi(n)dh sa(n)g naamadhaeo man leenaa ||

Naam Dayv's mind was absorbed into God, Gobind, Gobind, Gobind.

AwF dwm ko CIpro hoieE lwKIxw ]1] rhwau ]

aadt dhaam ko shheeparo hoeiou laakheenaa ||1|| rehaao ||

The calico-printer, worth half a shell, became worth millions. ||1||Pause||

bunnw qnnw iqAwig kY pRIiq crn kbIrw ]

bunanaa thananaa thiaag kai preeth charan kabeeraa ||

Abandoning weaving and stretching thread, Kabeer enshrined love for the Lord's lotus feet.

nIc kulw jolwhrw BieE gunIX ghIrw ]1]

neech kulaa jolaaharaa bhaeiou guneey geheeraa ||1||

A weaver from a lowly family, he became an ocean of excellence. ||1||

rivdwsu FuvMqw For nIiq iqin iqAwgI mwieAw ]

ravidhaas dtuva(n)thaa dtor neeth thin thiaagee maaeiaa ||

Ravi Daas, who used to carry dead cows every day, renounced the world of Maya.

prgtu hoAw swDsMig hir drsnu pwieAw ]2]

paragatt hoaa saadhhasa(n)g har dharasan paaeiaa ||2||

He became famous in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and obtained the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan. ||2||

sYnu nweI buqkwrIAw Ehu Gir Gir suinAw ]

sain naaee buthakaareeaa ouhu ghar ghar suniaa ||

Sain, the barber, the village drudge, became famous in each and every house.

ihrdy visAw pwrbRhmu Bgqw mih ginAw ]3]

hiradhae vasiaa paarabreham bhagathaa mehi ganiaa ||3||

The Supreme Lord God dwelled in his heart, and he was counted among the devotees. ||3||

ieh ibiD suin kY jwtro auiT BgqI lwgw ]

eih bidhh sun kai jaattaro out(h) bhagathee laagaa ||

Hearing this, Dhanna the Jaat applied himself to devotional worship.

imly pRqiK gusweIAw DMnw vfBwgw ]4]2]

milae prathakh gusaaeeaa dhha(n)naa vaddabhaagaa ||4||2||

The Lord of the Universe met him personally; Dhanna was so very blessed. ||4||2||

People that are saying that touching meat is bad, last i checked, we were all containers of meat :) People freak out when meat is mentioned, they say we have to stay away from even touch of meat. But, I think we forget that if it was not for the touch of meat, life would cease to exist. (I tried to keep it clean due to kids on this board)

exactly

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in response to Captain Q:

wasn't our Panj Piyare.. bhai Sahib Singh ji a barber by profession?? wud u call this profession kirit kammai??

probably before he gave his head?? after that obviously he quit.

do you have proof that he quit?

why would he quit? he's not cutting his hair? its a paap to cut the hair of a non-sikh?

wasn't our Panj Piyare.. bhai Sahib Singh ji a barber by profession?? wud u call this profession kirit kammai??

Piarey Bhai Sahib Singh ji was from nai (barber) caste, it was not their profession. It's absurd to even consider such an hingh avastha Gursikh of Guru Maharaj ji cutting hair for a living while practicing Sikhi. Please use bibek budhi.

panj said you cant consume/smoke it, they dont say that you cant touch it, also there is maryada that if, you do come into touching it, what to do............ and unless your a bibeki really their aint any arguement......

once a english man asked his sikh servant to carry bag full of cigarettes and follow him, but the sikh denied and said he cant touch that bag. then englsih man asked him to take a stick, hang the bag on it and lift the stick on ur shoulders. Sikh servant replied, " can u lift a bucket full of $h!t like this?"

the english man became silent.

ya it was a story, some poeple cannot understand it, its about self respect of sikhs. we cannot ignore these things by saying that kam jida da v hove kam hi hunda aa or no matter if u r amritdhari, u can cook meat or work in non veggie restaurants, or sell alcohol coz u r not eating it.

i am asking those who say its ok for an amritdhari to sell cigarettes, ll u continue or accept any new job where u r asked to clean the potty of ur boss's pet like dog?

sukhdev veer, u do not worry. unless u feel that its not good doing all that, u r ok. sometimes we r under a big pressure and we have to do things like that.

i got an offer to work at gas station, coz my relatives knew that person and they found job for me to help me. i was under pressure coz i was new in canada, i m still new juz 6 months, there i went only for 1 day to see how things work there and i was trying to recognize cigarettes size brands etc.. but i was feeling too bad.

then suddenly i felt that i am not able to work so soon coz that was my first semester and i had too much work load. i denied and told my relatives abt my condition. now i have no job and even no time most surprising no work permit either, but i ll get in few months but i ll not be working at gas station or mc donald or any place where i have to touch meat or that kinf of $h!t

very noble action brother.

lets show some faith for our father. he will provide. maybe you'll get a job a bit later, with less pay, but the khushia of Dasmesh Pita are priceless.

Guru Maharaj ji's horse wouldn't even enter a tobacco field, just remember that.

People that are saying that touching meat is bad, last i checked, we were all containers of meat .... But, I think we forget that if it was not for the touch of meat, life would cease to exist. (I tried to keep it clean due to kids on this board)

So who are we to chop it into pieces and serve it on platter? That's the meat we stay away from.

Piarey Bhai Sahib Singh ji was from nai (barber) caste, it was not their profession. It's absurd to even consider such an hingh avastha Gursikh of Guru Maharaj ji cutting hair for a living while practicing Sikhi. Please use bibek budhi.

i never thought tht way!! srry!! :closedeyes:

[/i]People that are saying that touching meat is bad, last i checked, we were all containers of meat :) People freak out when meat is mentioned, they say we have to stay away from even touch of meat. But, I think we forget that if it was not for the touch of meat, life would cease to exist. (I tried to keep it clean due to kids on this board)

[/size][/font]

if meat and our skin are same thing then why dnt u cut ur leg and fry it and serve ur family or kill ur kids and eat them? after all they r meat too, why kill somebody's kids? means goat , pig , hen etc....

yea we r maas but the mass which which u get by killing aminals to sell so that people can eat it.. why wud u like to touch that?

probably before he gave his head?? after that obviously he quit.

do you have proof that he quit?

why would he quit? he's not cutting his hair? its a paap to cut the hair of a non-sikh?

Guru Maharaj ji's horse wouldn't even enter a tobacco field, just remember that!

^^^ if guruje's horse would not go near tobacco.... WHY WOULD GURUJEE'S SIKHS????

if gurujee told us to stay away from all that... WHY ON EARTH WOULD ONE OF OUR PANJ CARRY ON WITH THE JOB??? :umm: come on.... get it with!

fateh,

Veer jee my father owns gas stations and liquor stores in the united states. He has been amritdhari for a while before he came to the us. The thing is my dad made less money with a construction company in new york to support his wife(my mom), me, my two brothers and our grand parents. so he had to move out here in arkansas to buy a less expensive business that made double profit. So my point is if you have no choice like my father who was uneducated to get a better job you can according to me and my family sell tobacco at a convinient store, you have no choice but to sell it. I used to work for my dad when I was in high school, after I graduated from high school I have a part time job at the ATT corporate office as a representative and I make more money then most adults with a high school diploma. so dont do it if you can find a better job, only if you have to.

lets show some faith for our father. he will provide. maybe you'll get a job a bit later, with less pay, but the khushia of Dasmesh Pita are priceless.

Guru Maharaj ji's horse wouldn't even enter a tobacco field, just remember that.

YEAH LETS ALL GET REAL.....I understand the limits of faith or I should say for some people there is no limit for faith. The one who posted this nonsense I have a answer for him or her....When you have a wife and kids and top of that you have bills and expensives to pay, you are not gonna sit home and have faith so guru jee will throw food at you.....you would have to work hard to earn that money to feed your family and survive. what if the person only has one way to work his expensives out such as a convenient store? I know many amritdhari people in cali who own gas stations and they are responsible family men and also sikhs of guru jee. When you have a family, you will realize what these men have to go through not for their future but their families.

Why dont you leave america/canada/uk/even india for another planet where women dont walk around half naked on streets....are u gonna stay inside your home forever?...guru jee would never walk streets where half naked women walked...?u see where I am getting at?? have faith but dont talk like 10 year olds in this crazy world, you wont survive buddy.

fateh,

Veer jee my father owns gas stations and liquor stores in the united states. He has been amritdhari for a while before he came to the us. The thing is my dad made less money with a construction company in new york to support his wife(my mom), me, my two brothers and our grand parents. so he had to move out here in arkansas to buy a less expensive business that made double profit. So my point is if you have no choice like my father who was uneducated to get a better job you can according to me and my family sell tobacco at a convinient store, you have no choice but to sell it. I used to work for my dad when I was in high school, after I graduated from high school I have a part time job at the ATT corporate office as a representative and I make more money then most adults with a high school diploma. so dont do it if you can find a better job, only if you have to.

YEAH LETS ALL GET REAL.....I understand the limits of faith or I should say for some people there is no limit for faith. The one who posted this nonsense I have a answer for him or her....When you have a wife and kids and top of that you have bills and expensives to pay, you are not gonna sit home and have faith so guru jee will throw food at you.....you would have to work hard to earn that money to feed your family and survive. what if the person only has one way to work his expensives out such as a convenient store? I know many amritdhari people in cali who own gas stations and they are responsible family men and also sikhs of guru jee. When you have a family, you will realize what these men have to go through not for their future but their families.

Why dont you leave america/canada/uk/even india for another planet where women dont walk around half naked on streets....are u gonna stay inside your home forever?...guru jee would never walk streets where half naked women walked...?u see where I am getting at?? have faith but dont talk like 10 year olds in this crazy world, you wont survive buddy.

Wow, seems like you have taken it all a bit personally. All we are saying is have faith in Waheguru ji. Ok, it might sound arrogant but the only way I can explain this is by my own story. I am a student here in the uk, came from india a few years back. I didnt want to depend on my family for support so started looking around for a job. I was offered a counter job at asda but realising ill have to sell cigs n all, my will just didnt agreee (and I used to cut hair at that time!!). Then, as Waheguru ji does his apar kirpa, i found a decent office job as a audio typist (waaay better than selling cigs!). plus money wasnt bad either. Waheguru Ji made the waseela hiimself! You understand what I am getting at?? If you are willing to give up your morals like that, then I dont know what to say! Khalsa ji, use some common sense, if someone is an amritdhari, it is but logical that you stay away and have nothing to do with all the crap that Guruji has forbidden us from. Plus, arent we, as sikhs, try and follow every word of the Guru? While doing sehaj paath, i had come across a tuk which was something about beerhi (tobacco), ill see if i can find it again.

And sorry veer ji for being harsh but I didnt like your tone when you referred to Guruji's story as 'nonsense'. Please take care that you do not hurt any sentiments here.

Bhull Chukk Maaf