sucha n jhutha

DhadiMania

balwinder ji, ure questions gud, its wot m tryin 2 say as well. u share with others. but y u cant share food, i.e. amritdhari cant hav the jootha of the non amritdhari, aint that kinda bahmanfied??????

think about, we go langar, guru ji blesse the food, y shud ppl throw away blessed food bless by guru ji himself????? y not giv it 2 others? y throw away the blessing if u cant eat it 4 woteva reason?

No one should throw away blessed food, because you should only take what you can eat.

I think you guys are interpreting amritdhaari's and non amrit dhaari's to be a caste thing. It's not. Nor is it a status thing. However the fact remains that an amritdhaari has given his head to guru sahib and is born as the Khalsa, therefore, an amritdhaari that maintains his rehit is 'different' to non amritdhaaris. If amritdhaari's and non amritdhaari's were of equal standing why did guru state we need to become amritdhaari?

JSS, no offence, but I do not think you can use practicality/logic to argue against sprituality. If sarboloh was insignificant, then why is it that amrit can only be prepared in sarabloh with a sarabloh khanda? Please do not down play the significance of sarabloh in sikhi.

The purpose of bibek isn't just so you can cook healthier food. It's also about 'suchum' as well as my previous spiritual argument.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Guest SikhForLife

the jootha and sucha food in my opinion is because of hygenic reasons and social reasons.. so that amrith thari Khalsas dont "hang out" and get influenced or tempted by 'non-amrithari' people..

sarbhloh is so that u get enough iron in ur body.. some people claim it is special in some ways... i dont know i havent noticed anything... but perhaps it is..

regardless, this debate is something we shouldnt get into.. gursikhs' ways shouldnt be denounced .. they know more than any of us.. we should just stick to trying to become better sikhs ourselves.. following basic teachings of Sggs and Gurus.. and then moving on to other components of sikhi

the jootha and sucha food in my opinion is because of hygenic reasons and social reasons.. so that amrith thari Khalsas dont "hang out" and get influenced or tempted by 'non-amrithari' people..

sarbhloh is so that u get enough iron in ur body.. some people claim it is special in some ways... i dont know i havent noticed anything... but perhaps it is..

regardless, this debate is something we shouldnt get into.. gursikhs' ways shouldnt be denounced .. they know more than any of us.. we should just stick to trying to become better sikhs ourselves.. following basic teachings of Sggs and Gurus.. and then moving on to other components of sikhi

:umm:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Its quite interesting topic .There has been a tendency by many people to compare some of the sikh practices to brahmical practices and here too one veer has said the same thing.I think we have to think more objectively before reaching such conclusions.

About jooth:Dont we find it easy to accept jooth of a family member than someone out of family? so when I am having langar with amrithari I feel more close to him or her cos we are both Gurus son or daughter so I will have least resistance to accept jooth of that person.If I have to accept jooth of someone whos not amrithari its natural for me to show some resistance or refuse bcos I feel(note its just that "I feel") I am having jooth of someone whos out of family so I dont know about Him ,like whether he is drinker or not,whether he is of good character or not so these doubts will stop me from having his jooth.I think its just natural effect .Now if that person starts saying that amrithari person is discriminating then he is the one whos being a hypocrite. Its just that amritharis feel more at home and more like family with amritharis and theres nothing wrong in it. But now if an amrithari sees an inocence in the love of the person who is offering food or he thinks not accepting will hurt someone then not accepting just because he cant have jooth of non-amrithari would be ritualistic.Eating jooth in such cases should not be seen as something wrong.Or thinking that by not having jooth of anyone execpt amritharis (but without other things ikhi teaches,without naam and Bani) we are superior to others is again not correct.I think Gururnanak dev jis sakhis quoted her

e is to prove this fact.

About sarbloh and bibek: Yes using such bibek can be understood only at a particular stage of spirtuality.But dont we copy role models even though we are not there yet,in the hope that someday we will reach there?? I think its just the same think at even though being at lower spiritual levels its correct to think that eating in sarbloh and keeping bibek helps.I dont know scientific significance though.

Now if its not possible to keep sarbloh bibek it doesnt mean we are doing something wrong or we cant raise our spiritual state.And also keeping sarbloh bibek and not doing naam bani abhyaas wont help at all.trying to over emphasize sarbloh bibek and not attuning ourselves to Naam and Bani can be called just a ritual.

Having langar or food cooked by amritharis:Theres no doubt that if food is cooked while doing naam bani abhyaas,while keeping mind atuned to waheguru ,the people who eat the food will be benefitted.Its simple power of naam and bani.And if amritharis prepare langar or food the chances are more that the food has been preapred with a naam attuned mind.So thus its natural to feel that its better if langar be prepared by amritharis tyar bar tyar singhs or singhnees.But again if some pyara,some sehajdhari singh or singhnee wants to do seva ,just refusing to let him do seva bcos amritharis cant have food cooked by nonamrithari would be wrong in my opinion.In that case singhs should request such person to recite bani or naam.Now we cant judge anyone by just bana,we dont know how a person is inside but obviously when we have amrithari we think of him or her as family member and chances are more that his mind is more attuned to Guru.Non-amritharis can be better or worst we cant say.

These are just my thoughts on this topic,thought of sharing it with sangat to learn from sangat.Please forgive anything said wrongly and correct me.

Gurfateh