check this out

This is a very good thing... man (mind) khush ho gaya... but the sad thing is, bollywood keeps ridiculing Sikhs in their movies... why don't they show us as educated, professional, captains, doctors, engineers, etc. etc. Most typical punjabi girls don't like to marry Sikhs or sardars and I think bollywood movies playe a major role in degrading and humiliating our image.

This is a very good thing... man (mind) khush ho gaya... but the sad thing is, bollywood keeps ridiculing Sikhs in their movies... why don't they show us as educated, professional, captains, doctors, engineers, etc. etc. Most typical punjabi girls don't like to marry Sikhs or sardars and I think bollywood movies playe a major role in degrading and humiliating our image.

:umm: :D

where'd that come from?? that was totallllllllllllllllllly off topic veer... this is huge.... we're portrayed as courageous and valiant, aren't we, through this stamp?

this is huge.... we're portrayed as courageous and valiant, aren't we, through this stamp?

You are right bhaji, and thats why I admired it. and along with that and at the same time i was looking at bollywood stupidity that how tallented and educated Sikhs are, as you can see from that website and stamp and how bollywood is ridiculing us... and i'm sorry if i have offended anyone... :umm:

Japman, but indian movies do portray the Sikhs as slow, dim-witted, clumsy jokers. That is insulting to all Sikhs considering that it was the Sikhs who saved the honour of large number of Indian women folk from the Muslim invaders. Instead of being grateful and thanking the Sikhs, they portray the Sikhs as idiotic jokers.

I think it IS related to this topic.. In Reality Indian history shows the bravery of SIkh soldiers and on the other side movies trying to spoil sikh credit in india..

While same on this topic.. WHY indian AIR-FORCE never had air force chief marshal... (head chief or commander something).. EVEN after we had poineer like Sardar Arjan SIngh (who is still alive).. Why sikhs are always left out in this category.. EVEn it was FIRST Indian (SIKH) who flown the fighter jet in british army in early 19th century.. So why none of sikh ever became the marshal/head .. ?? WHY??? Sure stamp is good.. but IT"S NOT WORTH it..

i no, sikhs dont get recognised in life. my grandad wuz in the army, n he was spyin on the japanese, all of a sudden they catch him. so him n 3 others free dozens of sikhs frm the japs (cuz they sed they wud spy, so japs welcome them 2 there camp), big mistake cuz he killed (with 3 others) loadsa japs in the middle of the nite. n free all the singhs hu were 2 b executed in a few days time, as well as other ppl as well

but the commander @ the time wuz a GORA (commanding the Sikh regiment), hu wuznt even there. my grandad wuz supposed 2 b honoured the VICTORIA CROSS (highest medal in commonwealth) cuz he got shot in the leg a few times but still killed loadsa japs n freed singhs. nywayz the commonwealth gave the GORA the victoria cross. we were gonna say summat but my grandad sed no point, he wuz glad 2 com home nywyaz n thats all he wanted 2 c. home sweet home.