Indian Media Against Sikhism

Bhujang

Plz visit the following link, how the India media / soap operas and diminishing & and showing dis-respect to Sikhism.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUAkhw_Gfo

This clip is from "Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil", in which a girl is shown wearing Kirpan, who has a very negative character in the serial. Whose responsibility is to stop these kind of anti-Sikh propaganda?

omg

this is too much going on

there is a new tv serial on sony tv called meet mila de rabba, there they have mostly sikh character but they looks nice and have very good charcter.

here are the all links if the serial

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query...o_date_uploaded

but there is a lady of negative character but they ddnt showed her as amriitdhari and any other lady or wife of those fake amritdhari men are not amritdhari.

but this is really a thing we shud worry about and it shud be reported to sgpc asap. and we need a qualty check team for sikh characters in tv serials and bollywood.

can someone near amritsar can make arrangements and to meet them and show all this and then contact to the tv serial team and ask for the removal of kirpan from that character.

more info abt serial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kis_Desh_Mein_Hai_Meraa_Dil

its by ekta kapoor who bring revolution in these kinda tb serials.

plzz email her.

Sikhs groups need to respond sharply to these types of attacks and misrepresentation of our faith. We need a watch dog group to review all serials and make public any offensive material, since Sikhs are not being allowed to sit on the Indian Censorship Board. Repeated requests by the SPGC in recent years for Sikh representation on the board have been denied or ignored. The SPGC had first requested for a seat back in 1998 but nothing has happened since.

Here's a quote from G.S. Tohra, former President of SPGC:

"Such misrepresentation of Sikhs had hurt the feelings of the whole Sikh Panth. The Sikhs believed that the phenomenon was either a planned conspiracy or a mischief on the part of some anti-Sikh elements"

SGPC wants its man on film censor board

1998 Indian Express Newspapers

http://www.indianexpress.com/res/web/pIe/i...0/32451504.html

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo,

Im afraid indian media is hijacking true Khalsa identity and there is hardly anything thats being done about it. Speeches, protests and the like have seem to led to nothing :( I was watching this debate on Dasam Granth recorded from Alpha Tv sometime ago, and when the Dasam Granth defender put his case, that hindu presenter had such a sarcastic smile on his face, later said: dont you think Sikhs are over sensitive? I mean, what sort of a reply is that? Either the guy had not done his research properly, or (more likely) he was just ridiculing Sikh sentiments, a form of which is such junk star tv and zee tv programs. Waheguru :(

Bhull Chukk Maaf, Fateh!

i totally agree ... indian media always makes sure sikhism isnt potrayed as it should be.

^^^^ the clip above with the lady in kirpan is total bull*** .. ws the point /????

othr than that i've noticed ... i have star news at my home .. and they are always showing something or the other to do with hindu religious historical places... i have nothing against it .. they need to tell there kids about history too ..

but its a news channel and it shouldnt be biased... i was waiting for a news on the recently gone '300 saala' gurpurab ... how big was tht for us sikh >????? reallyyy biggg .... so much was happening around india .. around the globe... did they mention it once ??? no ... atleast not for the time i was sitting there watching star news... the '300 saale' gurpurab never got mentioned...

couple of weeks ago , i was watching this reality show ... where the 'love gurus' get people married whose family isnt happy with there marriage .. (something along thos lines.. m not too sure cos i only saw tht programmme 1-2 times) ... and al the participants on that show are ... hindu guy who loves muslim girl .. muslim guy loves hindu girl .. sikh girl loves hindu guy .. hindu girl loves sikh guy...

personally they may do whateve they want to do .. if they wann go marry some1 from another religion .. y wud it bother me ...??? lol

but what i didnt like ... the sikh girl ... they show a video of her dad .. who is absolutely not happy about this relationship .and her dad says he wll never be happy with the relationship .. and the 'love guru' stands up and gives the girl 'aashirvaad'/blessing :S:S

so is he trying to say .. yh i am with u .. go against ur dad ???

1 question i wil like to ask the 'loveguru' ... if his own duaghter did this .. what will he do ??

wjkkwjkf

This is something I've been noticing a lot in drama serials and films lately (not that I watch them). In the past couple of years, the Indian film/drama industry has changed from the Hindu or Muslim characters/families and focused their roles on Punjabi/Sikh roles. I don't know if its for a good or bad thing, but, if they want to represent Sikhs then they should do it properly.

About 8 months back, I noticed one drama on Zee, which had a 'Sikh' family, doing Mool Mantar. The ironic thing was, they were doing it infront of Hindu gods/goddess statues... :rolleyes:

I mean come on!