Can A 'mona' Ever Be Classed As As Sikh ?

+Singh_is_King+

WJKK WJKF

I read with interest the latest debacle on the re-definitions of a 'Sehjdhari Sikh' and 'Patit' by the SGPC. Terms such as sehjdari, kesdhari and even Gursikh are misleading -either you are a Sikh or not -there is no classification/ levels/ divisions/ standards to being a Sikh.

http://www.panthic.org/news/129/ARTICLE/4617/2008-12-19.html

Some inter-related questions to the sangat:

1. Can a mona (person with cut hairs) be classed/ regarded as any type of Sikh -the term sehjdhari + Sikh is misleading and actually insulting (it is not ok to have cut hairs and still be associated (any form) to the Sikh faith?

2. Further, does the concept of a 'sehjdhari Sikh' actually exist according to any respectable variation of Maryada (yes, I know we technically only have one marayada!) ?

3. Should the term 'sehjdhari Sikh' be used by the Panth ?

4. Has the SGPC got it wrong ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every person keeping hair is not a Sikh but you cannot be a Sikh without Kesh.

Why would anyone want to keep Kesh and then trim/ cut/ shave it -it just doesnt make sense ? Perhaps low self esteem, peer pressure, wannabe bollywood heer ranjas/ ranjis -the very notion of putting a blade to the hair and claiming to following the Sikh faith is a mockery to the very Sikhs who keep their Kesh and regard the Sikh faith and teachings.

1. So I am a poor student of Sikhi (nonetheless a Sikh) if I drink shraab/ smoke/ eat meat/ go against the tenants of Sikhi ?

2. If you dont have the moral fibre or decency at the most fundamental level to have Sikhi saroop then how can you call yourself a Sikh.

3. The point is not who is the judge but who is a Sikh -this is clearly defined by the Gurus (this is not a negotiable) and the SGPC cannot conjure new terms to suit their political agenda

4. Yes, Sikh is a life learner, etc but a 'good student' endorses those teachings, not goes against it ?

5. Further, Akaal Purkh helps those who help themselves. Enough on this self pity, hippy 'well I haven't been blessed by the Guru, etc, it is his will, etc' -if you want it, the Guru will give it !

So effectively what your saying is if your a Singh i.e. has kesh but doesn't keep rehit then you are Sikh?

I think your title needs to be changed to Can non-amrithdari's ever be classed as sikhs? And trust me i have seen so many people with the Roop of the Khalsa who are dushts to the panth. I'll name a few shall i KPS Gill, Gurmeet Rahm Rahim they all have kesh but there Sikhs because they have kesh. Hopefully i've just proved how stupid your argument is. We have to guide these people to grow kesh and join the Khalsa.