New Nirmala Website

big5abi

Regarding what I have written about Baba Sri Chand, read Jeevan Chrittar Guru Nanak Dev Ji by Dr. Trilochan Singh. It is one of the best I have found. Guru Sahib gave his son to Baba Ji which itself shows that Baba Ji must have accepted Sikhi as the true path over his own matt. Udasis became part of the Panth since then not prior to that.

You wrote in your previous post that (and I quote directly):

1) Guru Sahib considered consumption of beef a sin

2) They were vocal about enforcing the death penalty upon the killers of cows and

3) They even referred to themselves many times as being 'Gopal' or the protectors of cows

None of your references prove any of the above points.

1. In Bhai Mani Singh's Pothi Janam Sakhi of Guru Nanak he relates the following conversation between Guru Sahib and God in which Guruji states;

"By your grace, I have turned the wheel of the Dharma of the 'name of Truth' in three directions of India, and the fourth direction of the west remains. In that fourth direction, the Mlecchas are guilty of the murder of cows and Brahmins. They have defiled all the pure bathing places (on the banks of rivers) and pilgrimage sites of the Hindus. They are idolaters and they call the tombs and walls of Mecca and Medina, the house of Allah, and worship it. And even still, they don't consider themselves idolaters while they themselves worship stones. Thus, if it be Your will, then (after) going to Mecca and Medina to give those Mlecchas the teachings of the 'name of Truth', I shall return."

It only talks about Guru Ji planning to go to West and describes what atrocities Muslims have committed. Cows were targeted to insult Hinduism. Guru Sahib didn’t go to Mecca to tell them to stop killing cows but to deliver the divine message.

2. In Uggardanti Bani, Guru Gobind Singh ji asks for divine intervention so that he may "exterminate the foriegners who abominate by slaughtering cows".

No mention of enforcing death penalty or calling himself “protector of cow”. He preached being merciful and not killing cows (animals) is part of it. Cow doesn’t become a holy animal by any reference. So if you believe Uggardanti is work of Guru Sahib then do you really think He would’ve asked Waheguru for this:

ਯਹੀ ਦੇਹ ਆਗਿਆ ਤੁਰਕਨ ਗਹਿ ਖਪਾਊਂ ॥ ਗਊ ਘਾਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖ ਜਗ ਸਿਉਂ ਮਿਟਾਊਂ ॥

ਇਹ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਿਓ ਕਿ ਤੁਰਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਾਰ ਮਿਟਾਂਵਾਂ । ਗਊ ਮਾਰਨ ਦਾ ਦੁਖ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਮਿਟਾ ਦੇਵਾਂ ।

Command me to kill and destroy the Turks (Muslims). Eliminate the killing of the cow from the entire universe.

Later on it says:

Destroy the Turks and enlighten the universe….. Salutation to Mother Durga, the exterminator of all suffering.

He is disturbed by killings of cows but asking for boon to kill Turks (human beings). Also, hailing a goddess. These are not words of Guru Sahib.

3.Bhai Gurdas Vaar 17 Pauri 21 Counting the slanderers and apostates:

Millions are slanderers, millions are apostates and millions of wicked persons are untrue to their salt.

Unfaithful, ungrateful, thieves, vagabonds and millions of other infamous persons are there.

Thousands are there who are slayers of Brahmin, cow, and their own family.

Once again, this doesn’t justify your hypotheses. This pauri is similar to pauri 18 of JapJi Sahib. Where is the line asking for death penalty or Guru Sahib shown as “protectors of cow”?

Why did Abdali and other plunderers desecrate Darbara Sahib and Tham Sahib by bathing them in the blood of cows and clog the holy sarovers therearound with the carcasses and entrails of cows, why would he consider that such an inflammatory insult to Sikhs if we didn't at least respect cows (although cows are obviously not worshipped by Sikhs).

Mughals knew cow was considered a holy animal by Hindus, the majority. For them, Sikhs were from the same land they plundered and looted which means “holy animal” of the land was killed as an insult. When Sikhs destroyed mosques, they killed pigs and spread it blood all over. This doesn’t mean cow was considered holy by Sikhs or Sikhs particularly went after killers of cows and not of other animals. Keep in mind, killing cows is wrong but Guru Sahib did not give any importance to cows over other animals.

I must admire your impartiality as you have even provided a link to your own post as evidence.

I did not want to repeat so I gave you the link. You, however, did not address any other point and still have to provide answers. Ask me for which part of my post you need references? Bhai Hakikat Singh’s history is given in the link and for references you can check the sources listed. For Hukamnamas, check the book by Ganda Singh and other scholars’ opinions on multiple meanings of the word Khalsa. Bhai Nand Lal and Bhai Kanhiyea Ji took Amrit and Bhatt Vahis state that. No history source states that sehajdharis were monay. What Sanatans did during British rule and in Gurdwaras is clear to all.

Rest of your post is simply false accusations and assumptions which need not be addressed. Guru Rakha

NOTE - Enough said. Topic Closed