Tattoos And Sikhi

KamalaJatt

SSA all,

I tried looking around here for views on tattoos and Sikhi. I couldn't find what I needed so I decided to make my own topic.

I'm planning on getting a tattoo, I'm getting a quote from an old punjabi song by kuldip manak (I will post it up once I work out how to install a punjabi font on a mac). I'm going to have it out of sight (bicep area), as it is somthing that is personal to me, the quote got me through some hard times when I moved away.

I wanted to know what your views ngon being a Singh and havi a tattoo bear in mind that I dont want this to turn into an arguement. I would just like you views and if possible if Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says anything on the subject.

Fateh

AFAIK, you won't find a quote from Guru Sahib about getting tattoos, but some would say that it amounts to defacing the sareer or something similar......also, doesn't the area being tattooed need to be shaved? - for an Amritdhari, that's a definite no-no.

AFAIK, you won't find a quote from Guru Sahib about getting tattoos, but some would say that it amounts to defacing the sareer or something similar......also, doesn't the area being tattooed need to be shaved? - for an Amritdhari, that's a definite no-no.

thank you. i asked the artist if i had to shave my arm. She said she has done tattoos on singhs before and she said you dont have to on the bicep as there is hardly any hair there. Is there anything SGGSJ says about marking your body or changing your natural appearance? i heard there is but I'm not 100% sure.

Fateh

whats the point in having a tattoo of a song which u say has helped u?will it help u get mukhti....has it enshrined Naam within ur heart???

rather than getting a tattoo work on enshrining Vahiguroo's pavitar naam and baanee within ur heart-dont mean to sound harsh bhaji but thats what all of us(including me) need to do!

for some reason that link takes me back to the home page :S

SSA all,

I tried looking around here for views on tattoos and Sikhi. I couldn't find what I needed so I decided to make my own topic.

I'm planning on getting a tattoo, I'm getting a quote from an old punjabi song by kuldip manak (I will post it up once I work out how to install a punjabi font on a mac). I'm going to have it out of sight (bicep area), as it is somthing that is personal to me, the quote got me through some hard times when I moved away.

I wanted to know what your views ngon being a Singh and havi a tattoo bear in mind that I dont want this to turn into an arguement. I would just like you views and if possible if Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says anything on the subject.

Fateh

PATT UTTE MORNII PAVAA LEE JATT NEE, BRRRRUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAA