What Would You Have In The Ideal Gurdwara

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

If you was given the oppurtunity to say how your local Gurdwara was run what would you change ?

What youth events would you have ?

What events for elders ?

What new innvotive ideas would you implement ?

What would you avoid?

etc...

:vaheguru:

First of all, in my ideal gurdwara I would definetly promote ekta!

I would have camps for younger children, rehnsbhais, english katha sessions for the youth.

One thing I would like is to have all granthis able to speak english and punjabi. I think younger people are sometimes scared of speaking to granthis about problems etc because their punjabi may be abit rusty.

And the usuals eg punjabi class, santhiya classes, gatka classess...

Waheguru!

a vidarthee of dam dami taksal... so the sangat can benefit from shudh banee uchran..

also good teachers in keertan..raag nd normal

I would definetly make sure that all the granthi singhs have full shudh santhiya from damdami taksaal, As now-a-days people dont even look to see if the gyani singhs have had santhiya or not!

Need Full maryada gursikhs who actually do satkaar of maharaj i.e. Understand the importance of having sackhand for maharaj, unlike what some people beieve at a certain camp.

Chalo may maharaj do kirpa

If I was a Pardhan for a day I would

1. Inform everyone that the darbar sahib IS NOT a Concert or Bhangra Hall and therefore not have the speakers so LOUD.

Children and babies have a danger with their hearing. Sangat that has not gone DEAF as yet are not able to concentrate on Gurbani shabd in peace with such LOUD speakers.

2. Announce throughout the day, the merits of listening and singing along to shabd keertan AND NOT TOO gossip and have unessacary chiter chater.

3. Provide small cushions to sangat so they are able to sit longer.

4. BAN Thadi singers.

If I was a Pardhan for a day I would

1. Inform everyone that the darbar sahib IS NOT a Concert or Bhangra Hall and therefore not have the speakers so LOUD.

Children and babies have a danger with their hearing. Sangat that has not gone DEAF as yet are not able to concentrate on Gurbani shabd in peace with such LOUD speakers.

2. Announce throughout the day, the merits of listening and singing along to shabd keertan AND NOT TOO gossip and have unessacary chiter chater.

3. Provide small cushions to sangat so they are able to sit longer.

4. BAN Thadi singers.

dhadee?

whyy bhenjee whyy ? lol

miri piri deh malik used to have them in his darbaar...

they are a peice loud.. lol..

A gurdwara where you could touch things, like the hand rails on stairs, chairs, tables, doors, without getting grease on your hands. because some people are not washing hands after eating parshad. Even the tissues are not able to fully absorb this grease. It would be a miracle to enter a gurdwara, and coming out with out getting greasy and shiny hands.