What Would You Have In The Ideal Gurdwara

i would sell the land and use money for open langars as long as it will last ... because this is my thinking i may be wrong but these local gurdwaras divide sangat i believe in 1 city 1 big gurdwara ... vote for me as your next SGPC pardhan :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice suggestions everyone,

7 days a week;

1. Nitnem starts at 4-5am

2. 5-6 naam simran

These times i feel are appropriate for others to get the chance to wake up, instead of forcing a 2-3am amrit vela (personal opinion)

3. Asa Di //

Every Friday and Saturaday night their would be a simran program

Administrative;

1. Amritdhari people to govern the comittee only. comprised of 11 people.

These 11 people should be comprised of educated folk and also consist of youth and a few elders to keep balance. None the less this comittee is to pass agreements for the approval by the selected panj pyare for a binding decision. If the comittee fails to meet the standards of the sangat, the sangat can approach the panj pyare who in return can appoint other people in their place.

Community Outreach;

1. "Open House" - hold events at the gurdwara to allow the community and its inhabitants to come and enjoy whatever activities that the gurdwara holds; eg. Sports tournaments (which involves the community leagues to come play on the gurdwara feilds for a fraction of the fee that they would pay the city).

2. Build a state of the art Gym complex - this in return allows the chance for the khalsa to actually look like the khalsa and not what we see today with pop bellys.

Healthy Living;

Langar

1. Langar should have the basic punjabi food however a nutritionist should comprise a menu so that way the pangat can benefit from the langar as well as having a healthy body.

2. no chairs and tables of course but will be provided to only those that request it (being considerate for those that suffer from severe arthiritis and so on)

Sangat

A highly trained granthi with the luxury to speak multiple langauges but more importantly english (good idea for suggesting that)

Seva group - comprised of volunteer sangat members who fulfill the duties of 'caretakers' of the gurdwara

Guru ji's place of rest is to be made so beautiful that the Queen of England would know how a real hierarchy lives

Ideas of funding a Khalsa School that to match Catholic Schools.

Offer funds to other gurdwaras in the world, and as well promote unique governing bodies in each country that can easily be managed by the Akal Takht (off topic sorry, but just an idea)

Overall the gurdwara ought to be designed and built beautifully and be run in accordance with gurmat.

shastar prakaash.

and a full kingsize bed for Guru Ji to rest on, instead of a 2ft by 2ft small thakht...just like nanaksar gurdwaras.

dasam granth sahib ji prakaash.

sarbloh granth sahib ji prakaash.

paneer di sabji in the langar.

yessss i like da idea of guru jis manji a kingsize bed like nanaksar no one cn beat nanaksar and dasam granth and sarbloh granth prakaaash like hazooor sahib

oh and it has to be paneer de sabji vahh

lol

Here's a few thoughts (limited it to 10):

1. Indoor and outdoor akharas - employ some top pehlwan & gatka instructors. Get latest gym equipment.

2. Pay decent wages for santhiya teachers - ideally ones born and brought up in the same country.

3. Ferrari car to carry GGS Maharaj in when neccessaarry.

4. 5 Hummer jeeps to flank the above Ferrari when out and about - filled with Nihang khasadars.

5. State of the art (steel benches, decent ventillation...) kitchens.

6. Farmland attached to the gurudwara to grow food on, teach the youth farming methods and for cross-country practice. Oh yes, and stables for the horses.

7. GP led health centre with physiotherapists.

8. Ban speakers.

9. Gardens with beehives and fountains.

10. Foundry for making high quality shastars.

Vrooom vrooom, like the sound of that! lol.

I think we need a structure to establishing unity among the young, sounds silly but adopting " team building like exercises ".

Regular activity clubs sports etc.

slightly off topic :

oh and a good local sikh business directory, i rather call a sikh electrician then a someone else.

cable singh?