The Racial Abuse Thread

Paneer Monster

I was 22 Playing football when I fouled a white male to get the ball, he fell to the floor when he got up he called me a f-in paki. I smiled and replied back saying im not a paki im a british sikh. His face started to get red with anger cus i was smiling. he said it again u f-in smelly paki. i again said im not im a sikh. then he said same thing. I called him a jew ( i knew he was not a jew cus he had a cross on) he got angry and said im not a jew. i smiled at him and said same thing. at this point he felt ashamed and walked off.

normally i would of hit the guy but on that day i said to myself no

lol, yeah in britain the racists think they are so intelligent. but that phrase 'british sikh' is the best way to get them p**ed off.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopeless Singh,

I must say although your story is unfortunate - it is definitely on point. I definitely agree with your statement in regards to accessing educational mediums to overcome ignorance.

However, I would also like to add to something else you pointed out - although in Canada the open racism has relatively calmed down - it is as strong as ever under the guise of indirect racism - institutional policies.

Of course its not as bad as France where they explicitly state no headgear or Turbans - but in Canada you see similar ideologies . For example, there was the case of the RCMP officer who wanted to wear his Pugh; he fought a lengthy battle and eventually won. Another case that comes to mind is when a Singh I went to university with was denied access to Legion Halls on Remembrance Days because of his Dastaar and this example is actually common including former Sikh Veterans being denied entrance as well.

More recently, their is the Home Depot Case of a Singh wanted to wear his Pugh - but was told to remove it (the case is at a human rights tribunal now) and an immigration policy that no one seems to know about that is being introduced by the government to literally keep Sikhs out of Canada.

Racism is alive and well in Canada and I presume in many other countries as well.

Brother, can you elaborate on this more. Are you reffering to the bill passed last year on immigration reform?

Yes yes. I remember recently reading in the Tribune about how over 90% visa appilcants were being refused by the Canadian High commision.

I think some group in Punjab took up the issue with Mr. Kenny, not sure if it was fruitful.

It's sad to say our once liberal minded open Canada slowly taking a u-turn into the racist past.

To all you Singhs

I did not use the word vanished, I used the word dying down. Racism in the open is when you are walking down the street and some one hurls racial words, throws rocks at you, spits at you and etc. The unopoen racism is in the work force, it could be in government. First of all the Sikh community is not united. Look at our Gurdwara situation. We are just as racist as the whites perhaps even worse - caste system. We are known as no remorse killers. When a gang wants to do a hit they perfer to use Punjabis. Punjabis have a taste for killing. Kim Bolan, why is she popular think is it because the white people love her. The answer I got from a Punjabi Policeman is No. He said she is in business because of us. We hate each other and use her to spread hate against us in the open media. Who the Indian Government if we are united. I am sure there are Hindu advisers for Mr. Obama. That is why he did not mention Sikhism. Canadian Immigration Policy our people are supporting not to bring more people from India here. We have Punjabi MPs why are they quiet because they support their parties policies. At the end we are all racist wheather we like it or not. Only way to get rid of tyranny aginst sikhism is "United We Stand Divided we Fall" I think this should be translated into Punjabi be permenatly add to our daily ardass.

Mod Note: This title of this thread is to share experiences of racism and hope you overcame them, not to start a debate of the state of current worlds affairs or slating others. There seems to be a continuing trend of threads going off topic, so please stick to the topic or this thread will been edited or even removed. :)