Guru Nanak Dev Ji Born A Non Muslim Thanks To Brave Hindus?

Starsingh

it is not in the Sikh spirit to demean others

in the past Punjabi Sikh ballads would sing of all brave warriors even not from our area or religion like the ones about Jaimal and Fatta the Rajasthanis who fought to the death against the Mughals or Dulla Bhatti (Muslim) who fought against the emperor Akbar

Some interseting facts - in the seventh century it was the Rajput Kingdoms who defeated the Arabs under their king Bappa Rawal

that it was Chandragupta Maurya who defeated the Greeks in India

its was Skanda Gupta who defeated the Huns

Babur referred to Krishnadeva Raya of Vijaynagar as the greatest and most powerful king in India

that it was Baji Rao who led the Marathas to conquer more than half of India in the 1730s and 1740s

that it was Rana Pratap who kept fighting with the Mughals and whose clan never really gave up the struggle

and the greatest of acheivements by the Sikhs who broke the back of the Afghans and chased them back to their mountains with the power of the sword and dharma and marched against the Chinese Empire and gave the British empire a bloody nose

we dont need to hate on others to be proud to be who we are - there is more than enough in our history

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we also don't need to know of any achievements of any other faiths.. i believe that this is a Sikh Sangat forum for discussions about Sikhs.. If anyone needs to know anything about any other faith or as a matter of fact if anyone wants to learn history .. there's vast knowledge available on the internet..

I'm just shocked people are actually discussing a thread which is faulted at its core:

as I said earlier...

Correct me if I am wrong.... but surely this argument is at fault....not just by the facts not being stated correct....but doesnt anyone else believe that- regardless into what religious surrounding Guru Nanak Ji was born, he would be the harbourer of the Guru's light and ignight the flame of sikhi?

Thats what I first thought when I read the title of the thread...surely it shouldnt matter where or to whom Guru Ji was born...the religion isnt based around hate or based around killing muslims- its about love respect and protection... your anti-islamic title and arguements which hint that sikhi is based on hinduism being around is just silly....

...mayve you should have just had a topic "who defended india up to the initiation of Sikhi"...because I'd have thought that Sikhi would have come about regardless... Sikhi is through Gods will, surely!?

By answering his question with little objection to its phrasing then surely people are missing the point...

Am I wrong to think that Sikhi is something a sikh would believe to have come to this world regardless of hindus muslims or anything else??....because otherwise are we to believe the only reason why it is here is to solve a specific isolated issue!?!? Because I doubt that sikhs believe the latter is the case

Sorry to be emotional but it just seems like no1 is defending the core reason of the exhistance of sikhs...unless it really is down to hindu and islam conflict n nothing else.

I'm just shocked people are actually discussing a thread which is faulted at its core:

as I said earlier...

Correct me if I am wrong.... but surely this argument is at fault....not just by the facts not being stated correct....but doesnt anyone else believe that- regardless into what religious surrounding Guru Nanak Ji was born, he would be the harbourer of the Guru's light and ignight the flame of sikhi?

Thats what I first thought when I read the title of the thread...surely it shouldnt matter where or to whom Guru Ji was born...the religion isnt based around hate or based around killing muslims- its about love respect and protection... your anti-islamic title and arguements which hint that sikhi is based on hinduism being around is just silly....

...mayve you should have just had a topic "who defended india up to the initiation of Sikhi"...because I'd have thought that Sikhi would have come about regardless... Sikhi is through Gods will, surely!?

By answering his question with little objection to its phrasing then surely people are missing the point...

Am I wrong to think that Sikhi is something a sikh would believe to have come to this world regardless of hindus muslims or anything else??....because otherwise are we to believe the only reason why it is here is to solve a specific isolated issue!?!? Because I doubt that sikhs believe the latter is the case

Sorry to be emotional but it just seems like no1 is defending the core reason of the exhistance of sikhs...unless it really is down to hindu and islam conflict n nothing else.

Paaji, you are absolutely correct.

Gurbani is the divine message of Akaal Purkh delivered through 10 human manifestations of the Jot and available for all to refer to forever though Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This message was relevant at the time when the Guru sahibs walked the earth, it is relevant just as much in this age we live in and will be relevant when we are gone and our children and childrens children will walk the earth.

Spread:

T - Truth

L - Love

C - Compassion

I had very interesting talk with a learned Sikh history working at the library in havelock gurdwara and the conversation basically went like this and ended with a question :

1. India was first attcked in 652 by the Turkhs - Muslims

2. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born a Hindu in 1469

3. Therefore India was defended between 652 - 1469 ( 900 years) by brave HINDUS, which ensured that by the time of Guru Nanaks birth he was born a HINDU

4. Had these HINDUS not defended India so well ( between 652-1469), the whole of PUNJAB would have been Muslim by the time Guru Nanak was born, and he himslef would have been born a Muslim ,and hence no SIKHI???

5. These Punjabi Hindus are our ANCESTORS!!! So who were they? I respect BRAVERY from any religion and race so I give these poeple RESPECT!

BUT WHO WERE THEY? ANYONE KNOW BOUT THIS PERIOD 652 TO 1469?

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O998-untruth.html

:D :lol: :rolleyes:

Hum Hindu Nahin.......... lekin tumahra pata nahin.... :LOLz:

Hi - no insult to anyone but we cannot pretend that the ten masters existed in a vacumn

after all we can only learn about the times and people amogst whom they lived which can only help our understanding of dharma

Sikhi is based on knowledge and action and we cannot be afraid of the truth or hype ourselves on falsehood and hatred

• 1 month later...
Hindu's Are Braver Than Sikhism!!! Chk Out History...

And There Are Difference Between A Religion & A Profession!!!

If You Born To A Doctor Then U Can't Called A Doctor By Birth. But If U Born As A Sikh Then U Called As Sikhism First!!!

check out what history? that junk on wikipedia? lol, tell me where the hindus in kashmir went to..... the brave deceptive masses of hindustan ............ or the guru of the sikhs? yeah learn about that first <banned word filter activated>.

and answer me this: if you're born out of a woman, why do you consider cows holy, yet throw widows on fires?

also, if you are born 'to a doctor' (lol) and are not a doctor, tell me what the hell is the caste system you love so much about then? run along you bloody hypocrite.

Hindu's Are Braver Than Sikhism!!! Chk Out History...

And There Are Difference Between A Religion & A Profession!!!

If You Born To A Doctor Then U Can't Called A Doctor By Birth. But If U Born As A Sikh Then U Called As Sikhism First!!!

:LOLz: :LOLz: :LOLz:

thanks for making me laugh bro