Unibrow

Guest Help_Needed

Guest Help_Needed

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji,

I'm an Amritdhari Singh and I've been amritdhari for about 4 years now. Recently, I've become very self conscious about my unibrow and I really have a strong urge to have it permanently removed. I don't know what to do! I know I shouldn't as doing so would mean I become a patit and have committed a bajjar kurehit, but I really don't like it! What should I do?!

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question you need to ask yourself is: What's more important... my appearance or my religion?

And that's it, its either one or the other and only you can answer that question and make the decision...

But do not forget that you made a promise before Guru Ji at your Amrit Sanchar to live according to His Will and the Rehat stated. You submitted everything including your dhan man dhan (body, mind and wealth) before your Guru, remember your promise to give your head.

It is not a decision that should be made lightly. My advice to you would be to stay strong and do Ardaas for the strength to carry on and to live according to His Hukam/Will.

yo dont be dissing unibrows, my whole parvaar has one :| :p

reasons why you shouldnt remove your "unibrow" (its probably not as bad as u think):

1. because youre turning your back on your Guru

2. you are breaking your rehit and trust meee, youll regret it. you will no longer be part of the khalsa panth :o :( :'(

3. it'll be really obvious that youve removed it because that will be the only area on ur face tht is completely hair free

4.youre turning your back on your Guru!!!

5. a sikhs lifestyle should be distinct, we live differently from the rest of society, dont be afraid of standing out

6. you will feel unbearable amounts of shame and guilt, it will destroy you

7. so many shaheeds gave their today for our tmrw. appreciate that and take a look at their steadfast jeevans.

8. youre turning your back on your GURU!!! the only one in this world who means anything, the one you promised to live for

9. it isnt actually an issue in terms of marriage blah blah because bibia dont actually care. trust me, im a bibi. we dont care.

10. this is a test, your whole life is a battle. you cant just give in when a problem comes up, you need to constantly fight back.

11. this whole world is an illusion, these ideals are manmade. society is wrong. God doesnt make mistakes, God makes ppl perfect.

12. you would be turning your back on your guru. (migth have mentioned this already, but its pretty important)

stay strong bhaji, i hope guru maharaaj blesses you with the strength to accept and uphold vaheguroos hukam.

do as much ardaas as you can, read as many extra baniaa as you can and smile. because the lord made you perfect.

I'm starting to get a unibrow, who cares, Gurbani says pain and pleasure are the result of ones own actions. Gurbani also tells us not to pay attention to public opinion as only what God thinks of us matters.

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

BROTHER!!

im tell you this from personal experience, dont do it. First of all it is difficult to maintain, you will have to start removing it every week otherwise it will start standing out and its worse when people notice stubble. NO GOOD!

number 2 if you do remove it, the hair will grow back thicker and longer again NO GOOD!

number 3, look at yourself in the mirror, you have a dhara and kesh, a unibrow only compliments that. if you don't believe me, cover it with your finger and see for yourself that it makes no difference.

I wasn't amritdhari when i removed it, but now i love my unibrow! sounds stupid to some, maybe, but honestly, a singh is meant to have what is given to him. QUESTION- have you ever seen a lion shave his hair? no

the more hair you have, its a sign of masculinity in many different areas. Its a fact. Finally the unibrow gives you hair at your third eye- its a gift making it easier to meditate. Just like kesh gathers energy on your tenth gate a UNIBROW is a GIFT!!! YOU ARE LUCKY!!!!

DONT REMOVE THINGS WHICH ARE LUCKY!!

Good luck bro, drop a message and let us know on your thoughts..