Why Do People On Such Forums Hide Their Identity?

chitwanjit

Fateh Ji,

Some do it because they make it their pen name. Some do it because they do not want to reveal their names.

I was on another Forum and I used my real name, somehow someone who was not in agreement with me got my whereabouts from my name and started sending me threatening mails. I changed my name and started using a pen name, though now Ive reverted to my old name but still I use my pen name as my middle name.

I don't think we need to bother too much about the names people use. Its the content in their posts that should matter.

Guru Rakha

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri akal Ji

Your advice is quite realistic to go to a real place to go into reality. So, do you mean subtly that views presented here should not be taken seriously , since who cannot withstand one's words and likes to be in shell cannot be khalsa ?

Not completely seriously, because humans communicate, using other things, like body language the persons tone of voice and stuff. When you are posting on a forum, you can't see all that. Thats why say if someone is speaking sarcastically, or something similar. They usually put in brackets they were doing so. Because you can't tell on a forum. This is just in written form. There is nothing wrong with this. But the best way to talk to, is in person, that is If you want real identities and names. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with forums, just that you said you want people to be a bit more open. Well maybe this is not the place, thats all.

Singh Sahib Ji - Sat Sri Akal

I think you mean that modes of expression are limited in here but the will to express is what I meant. I feel tempted to ask the reason you r shielding the thought of full expression.

Let us put full stop on this.

how do you find the current state of contemporary sikh politics and religion ?

Waiting for your reply.

Our villages, are being plundered by theives.

Sat Sri Akal Ji

I am pointing to those veers or bibis who on such forums login with name such as sikhizindabad, koi, khalistan. I dont understand the point they want to prove. You should reveal your identity and say truth with blessing and shelter of Akal Purakh open chestedly.

If today you have to come out and fill jails for sake of struggle, I hardly beleive that you would sty your word. Come out and speak up with your real names and identities. Dont behave like cowards if you ae not. Its not nazi government here. We should know whos out there and get in touch personally to educate each others. Dont just comment on events that have past before People like me have born.

I have adedmy email in my signature. Feel free to contact. I am not jehadi or khalistani, but a sikh. Get together in real world and join your voice.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa.

Waheguru ji ki fateh

its not like if someone asks for my name in person im gonna say saint-soldier :rolleyes:

i tried to have my real name as my username but my name was too common so the computer wouldnt let me

My real name is in my part of my email adress so jus go 2 my profile and find out

i am not a coward and have got nothing 2 hide

heck on my profile u can see exactly what part of london im from

Who are u 2 call anyone a coward anyway

how do we know your real name is chitwanjit? where do you live? who are you? dont ask of others what you dont do yourself.

Mainu meri email te mail karo ..

Saara address dena tuhanu..

Koi gunah nahi kita jo driye kise to khalsa ji..

Chardi kalaa ch raho..

Eh tusi kaayra di juban ch gal kar rahe ho ..

exactly ^^^

so many wierdos out there.... :|

Singh Ji Tuhadi gall da ki gussa karna

tusi te punjabi ch gal vi nahi karde ..

lol, you dont get it do you? who are you? where do you live? dont just give a random email address anyone can make up. and dont ask of others what you dont do yourself. while your at it you might as well post a picture of yourself if you really practice what you preach.

i tried to have my real name as my username but my name was too common so the computer wouldnt let me

My real name is in my part of my email adress so jus go 2 my profile and find out

i am not a coward and have got nothing 2 hide

heck on my profile u can see exactly what part of london im from

Who are u 2 call anyone a coward anyway

Gurdaspuria Ji

Sirf ena kena chahna jo sant ne keha...

Panth di nange dhar hamait karni .

Je koi darda hai ki mainu koi threatening calls karda si te tusi sirf apna gubar es webpage te kad ke sau jande ho..

Eda saariya ungla jurh ke muthi kidan banan geya ..

mainu koi samasya nahi je tusi es forum te sirf intellectual execise karna chahunde ho..

mera es forum te aayun da purpose si to get together Like minded people ..

Kise veer ne mera thread delete karan layi keha , duja veer kenda "Weirdos out there" ..

khaffa na hovo apna profile main khud hi delete kar denda ..

baki rahi gal kise ne keha jo tusi apna naam likheya tusi ohi ho, ta eda karo +91 946 56 33 946 te phone karo chitwanjit hi milega ..

fer saara adress vi le lena ..

Ek veer kenda ke oh paris hilton hai , bhai tuhanu bibi banan ch swaad aunda hona, sanu nahi ..

Baki mukdi gall, jine veera ne reply kita koi Ankh da malik nahi laga , main galat vi ho sakda ..

vadd ghat maff karna..

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

how do we know your real name is chitwanjit? where do you live? who are you? dont ask of others what you dont do yourself.

Mainu meri email te mail karo ..

Saara address dena tuhanu..

your well noble and brave to be able to do that(Sarcasm)

that's just careless to give your adress to people you don't even know...