Miss Pooja - Boycott?

+Singh_is_King+

Everybody,.. i used to me mona.. and listen to all of the famous punjabi songgs.... chamkila.. Miss . pooja.. and etcc that was like 2 years ago,drank.. and did most of the worse things on this planet/

Me and my cousins would go to the indian market( IN NEW YORK) on weekends and play songs of Miss Pooja, Chamkila.. etc.. loud.. there was sound system in the car.. and we would play it loudest ever for the whole night...

But the results of listening to songs of Miss Pooja, not just hers.. but outher singers liek Banny-A.. and the list goes on and on.. all of these songs just gave us more and more KAAM, and we were so crazy, drink alcahol whole night and wonder around the city lookin for prostitutes... i am just telling the truth.. and not hiding anyhitng... dis is wut we did.. and this the same thing which i seen most of the youth around me doing..

we would do all the crazy kind of things.. and one reason we all were doiin this was cuz we were listening to the punjabi songs over and over again.. i mean until we remembered the whole song by heart., which were filled with KAAM, Violence and Krodh..

and when i changed... i began listening to Gurbani.. the more gurbani u listen... it makes u more and more calm, and peacefull...

my conclusion is why should we listen to something and enjoy which gives us KAAM, Krodh, MOh, Hankar, Lob... trust me 99% of the punjabi songs today are filled with the 5 vikars, etc..

my request to my brothers and sisters is to listen to gurbani and understand it.. which will automatically straighten ur life out..

if u want to listen to the punjabi songs which are out today.... then i just remember my cousins house... i mean they are fighting 24/7. cheating on eachother.. drinking.. tobacoo.. Doday.. Feeem...gambling.... son want to marry GORI.... and the list go on and on.. nobody in the family love each other.. have so much money.. but whut are u gonna do with the money.. if there is always fighting going on in ur house..

wid vaheguru ji's kirpa i took amrit 6 months ago...vaheguru vaheguru vahguru...

this is wut i seen and wut i felt.. i am sorry if i hurt anybody's feelings.. and please gorgive me..

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh...

She is the heartbeat of the Punjabi youth. (Don't know why, but most of the youth 'love' her). She, being a Nirankari, has sung some pro-Sikhi songs, so I think we shouldn't judge her so badly. She is in fault tho. But shouldn't we boycott most Punjabi singers who sing bad/dirty lyrics?

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Because of the Dharmak Song, I thought she can't be a Nirankari Bibi...

I dunno whether it's right to discuss it here, but Khalsa ji please watch this video

Amrita Virk (Punajbi Singer), They are singing THarmik Songs and Dancing.... Crazy guys....

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-65...raj+hans+kirtan

......... But shouldn't we boycott most Punjabi singers who sing bad/dirty lyrics?

I agree, that's far more important. Almost every Punjabi music video these days is full of semi-naked women. They wouldn't make them if people didn't watch them. It's crazy - e.g. on Brit Asia TV in the mornings, as soon as the Kirtan program ends, the dirty songs start!

HEADLINE!!

Khalsa threatened by short female folk singer!

Seriously though, most of you weren't even born in 1978, so why are you hating her? You'd think she shot the Singhs herself the way you are going on.

Is that the sort of community you want us to become?

Pindus - read more. The original song was not against paghs btw.

dalsingh101 brother I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. As a Sikh patriot, and as a Sikh of the post 84 generation, I share the pain that the Sikh kaum had to endure prior to my birth. Especially since many of the issues that existed then have still not been resolved.

Its not about hate my friend, its the feeling honour and proud feeling that one has a Sikh. The feeling of blood boiling when you see injustice. In Punjabi, this is called ANAkH - something that is lacking in todays Sikhs.

Nirankaris are an openly anti-Sikh group to this day. She may not have shot the Singhs herself but she will certainly sypmathise with it. These guys are basically brainwashed to do whatever their nakli baba ji tells them. The Akal Takhat's gurmatta to boycott the Nirankaris is good enough for me.

I want us to be a community that stands by its desicions.

Regarding the song, it is neither for paghs neither is it against. Its basically a boy and a girl having an argument. Girl is saying she doesnt want to marry a guy with a pagh and boy is telling her to say get lost.

In India, nothing is as it seems on the surface. Here we have an attractive female singer who is also a Nirankari, playing the part of a girl who does not want to marry a guy with a turban. What message is being given to the highly impressionable youth of Punjab, who are ready to chop off their hair for any excuse? Clearly it is just solidifying an existing stereotype that attractive girls do not want to marry Singhs. Would you feel comfortable dancing to this song at a wedding (assuming you wear a turban)?

All I know is that in Punjabi culture, dastaar is given the utmost of respect, and people shy away from demeaning it, even if there is a moralistic message.

Finally, yes I am a pindu BRUAAAH