Goodness Gracious Me Being A Sikh

Bored

Guest fordcapri

I remeber this epsisode, they done the same sketch with Hindus and Muslims too.

So we wernt singled out.

I think the programme was good, but shuldnt make fun of people's Religion.

I remeber this epsisode, they done the same sketch with Hindus and Muslims too.

So we weent singled out.

I think the programme was good, but should make fun of people's Religion.

Huh? you thought the programme was good? whether we were singled out or not, there still shouldn't be programmes that disrespect any religion...

Replying to Goodness Gracious Me Being A Sikh

I think we all missed about the message in the video.. how much do the parents really know about Sikhi or may be how much does the youth of today knows about Sikhi ..??

pagg on a man is a Sikh is what many think, doesn't matter if its UK, States, india or Aus ..

We must make the foundation strong and that can only be done if first of all we educate ourselves about Sikhi and then try to make the ppl around us understand what Sikhi is all about, Do not preach/boast about our knowledge but just make them understand..

that video is pretty funny and although it may be seen to criticise the sikh faith, there is a clear message which someone has mentioned above.

Our parents and majority of sikh parents don't have in depth knowledge of sikhism. It's not their fault either, their generation was a generation of survival i.e. india partition and immigration from india/africa to the west.

Things are changing however, just like in the video, the youth are questionning and gaining knowledge which our parents never had! We are entering an age where knowledge is easily available and transferrable.

I was listening to a lecture From Sri Singh sahib yogi bhajan who said something along the lines of "I don't believe the sikh religion has started of yet, we have simply been hired by time and space to carry the Sri Guru Granth Sahib into the coming years. If time serves correctly, we shall see the sikh religion prosper from 2038"

so put 2038 in your diaries people!!!!!! :)

lol you told him man pugh, pugh man

weather intended or not the video has got a deeper message. like people said parents dont have any knowledge about sikhi and if they do they fail to share it with there kids. and if a kid asks about sikhi majority of the answers are like that.

I hope our generation can do something to make a difference.. :pray: