The Common Punjabi/(sikh)and Differences

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

The Common Punjabi(Sikh) and Differences in how they Celebrate Band chore (Diwali) and Visakhi.

Have you ever noticed how the common Punjabi house of Sikh background is more in to Divili/banded chore??

I have noticed they are usually making food, ordering somsars, order sweets from Indian sweet centres, I see the common Punjabi of Sikh background getting more involved in Divili/banded chore??

Do you get more happy Visakhi text messages than Diviali/bande chooer one?? Recently ive been getting the latar more

I have certainly sceen Gurdwara have more sangat on Divilai/bande chore than visakhi apart from 1999.

I dont really see any reason to celebrate divili or bande choor.

We no what happened with Guru Har Gobind Sahib and should be rembered by the people with decorum by visiting the Gurdwara.

Not by making a song and dance by lighting Jot and toof which are signs of idol worship, and going to sweet centres, and doing fireworks etc.

The common Punjabi of Sikh background is copying Indian culture by doing this.

Guest fordcapri
i dont usually agree with ford capri's views, but at least he makes some attempt to address taboo subjects on here. this is a discussion forum after all.

Im thinking of makeing a blog shareing my resarch and my views.

Watch This Space

i dont usually agree with ford capri's views, but at least he makes some attempt to address taboo subjects on here. this is a discussion forum after all.

Im thinking of makeing a blog shareing my resarch and my views.

Watch This Space

Don't have any views, you will attract what you think, if you think about the negative aspects of something, you will just attract negativity from it, all you will see is problems. Just focus on success. Positive thoughts.

So don't focus on the problem, focus on what you would like to see ideally.

You can say, "i don't want to fail", or you can say "i will succeed"

In the sentence "i don't want to fail" you acknowledge there are problems, and that you don't want to see that. But there is still negativity in it. Because the word "fail" is a negative word. These are what your posts are like. Although your your trying to do good, there is too much negativity in it.

If you want to see change, or real positivity, you have to imagine how things would be ideally, focus on the Good on something. So instead of saying, "i see this person doing something wrong, that thing is wrong" etc. Focus on the postive like you could say, "people are celebrating, Visakhi, and Bandi Chore" well thats positive to start with, atleast people are celebrating it. Talk about what people should be doing first, then problems later. e.g "People need go to the Gurdwara, on Bandi chore, it iso much fun, its great. Much better than celebrating at home" Then you could say how this tackles problems, rather than saying what the problem is. e.g "Because going to the gurdwara on bandi chore, means we won't be doing useless diwali rituals at home, or getting stuffed with ladoos."

So focus on what you'd like to see and how it tackles the problems. Don't mention the problems separately. Only when you are discussing something good, then say how this tackles problems, that is the only time problems should be mentioned. When you are talking about how to eradicate them. Don't just highlight problems, anybody can do that. To see change you got to think change, talk change, do change. This all comes with being positive, and focusing on the positive sides. Then it all just happens, like magic.

And what we think in the universe will actually happen in the universe. If you think good is happening, and that good will happen. then it will. If you think there are problems, highlight them but don't talk on how to tackle them, then the negativity will just stay there. No offense but you posts, just bring people down, just talking about more bad and more bad. Start with positive, from your topic title, the post starts negative. Start with positive, discuss positive, and only mention problems, when their solutions are right next to them. Never put problems on their own.

The universe is a manifestation of our perception, the way we perceive the world, is how the world will be. So see things in a new light.

I suppose vasakhi is only important to people who are interested in being blessed with amrit or helping others take amrit. Otherwise what other meaning will it have in peoples lives other than a Punjabi jatt harvest festival.

Vasakhi is when a Sikh is born, when a Sikh commits themselves to a jeevan, when they give their “sees peth”. If we fail to understand that then really we might as well treat it as another pointless pagan festival.

Have you taken khanday da phaul yet Ford Capri?

Are you generally miserable in life?

That was a stupid post.

To the original poster, I agree that this is pure bahmanvad, you will mostly see the typical punjabis in the gurdware on this day just because it makes them feel like they belong, same typical punjabi sikhs goto vasakhi mele on vasakhi, there's your answer.