Is Sikhi Suroop A Handicap !

To be fair, I used to be a bit of a Casanova some time ago and went out with some very attractive and intelligent girls (yes they do exist). But to me at the time it was all a bit of fun ! What I learnt was that it was my confidence and wit that wooed them into my fold. Apologies, if my words makes them come across as 'objects of desire' -it is not intended.

I dont for a moment, buy into this junk that Sikhi suroop is a hindrance to getting married. If a person is so shallow and not understand what the Sikhi suroop means then I say to them get lost !

Equally, my (limited) experience led me to believe that many girls actually have a stereotypical view of Sikhs with the suroop -ie. drunkards, perverts, etc. I am not including the singhni on this point. I remember when I was at uni and I walked past stringfellows (nightclub/ strip bar) with my gora mates, and they said lets go in, I said no, and they said why not there are always a load of your lot in the front row ! So, I suppose the point there is a responsibility in having the suroop in public.

It is a moral duty for any parent to ensure their child understands Sikhi suroop. I think this point has been missed by many families wrapped up in work/ integrating with the host nation, etc.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we keep sikh sroop ... to attract girls or to be spirtual or because ur parents told u to do so ... every human has mind set and attract to things which they like the most ... some are attracted to money some to intelligence and list goes so on ... if girl behind money say i dont like poor people whats bad in that ... sikh sroop is a spirtual ... and girl who is in spirtuality will like it ... and girls who is not in spirtuality would like it simple as thats ...

sikhs are suppose to be sadhus not super sexy hunks ...

everyone of us has his or her life partner written on his or her forehead understand this thing ... when the right time come u will meet the right person fully attracted to you ... then why to even try and attract every second girl ...

Not only sikh girls but every girl should be respected and so should be their decisions ...

I think the intimidating comment is fair. Some girls just think that someone with a dumalla and a beard is someone thats gonna look down upon them just because she cuts her hair or wears make up etc... I chatted to a few mates and that how some of them feel some even been told they aint even Sikh but these so called "Singhs"

On a serious note girls aint that shallow, if you got a crap personality then not many people will like you, and lets face it alot of these "Amritdhari "Chardikala" "Gursikhs" really are the most judgemental people which doesnt help them or anyone who is trying to come into Sikhi.

I dont feel my appearance is a problem at all in college i had a Pakistani girl fancy me.

Just be a cool dude, and stop thinking negative thoughts. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results

On a serious note girls aint that shallow, if you got a crap personality then not many people will like you, and lets face it alot of these "Amritdhari "Chardikala" "Gursikhs" really are the most judgemental people which doesnt help them or anyone who is trying to come into Sikhi.

:whs:

its all about confidence and keeping a woman happy. not every girl in the world is going to like the sikh look, thats obvious. havent you guys heard of the law of averages? just make sure you marry an honest, intelligent woman and have a pile of sikh kids. make me proud :TH:

its all about confidence and keeping a woman happy. not every girl in the world is going to like the sikh look, thats obvious. havent you guys heard of the law of averages? just make sure you marry an honest, intelligent woman and have a pile of sikh kids. make me proud :TH:

Ill make you proud!

Guest G.Kaur
Are many 'Sikh' men willing to accept the Sikh look of a women? Don't some Sikh men also insist on facially waxed, dolled up wife who should need to look like a bollywood princess.

How many 'Sikh' men would marry a Singhni who is keeping rehat and respecting her Keshas, not just on the head but the rest of the body too??

Couldn't have said it better myself.. :goodpost:

The Singh is King School of Dating for lonely Singhs :

The following advice about women and dating is what I told my younger brother as he was growing up and first began to notice whiskers of hair popping up on his chin and armpits. Clearly, there are lots of brothers on Sikh sangat who are up there somewhere on planet Chardikala and dont need this sort of advice. For the rest of the lesser mortals, you may or may not find some value in this. In order to attract women, we need to do the following:

1. Create a strong and powerful sense of identity. As Sikhs we are blessed with a strong spiritual and martial tradition. We have certain charactersisitcs such as bravery, honour, kindness, selfless service and sacrifice. Our moral code is based on vand chako, kirt karo and naam japoh. The qualities that Sikhs possess are very attractive. We should promote them in our day to day life, in every thing that we do. Instead of trying to please 'girls' by trying to mould ourselves around them or desparately trying to assimilate into the rest of society, we should be bold and proud, and STAMP our identity and values down hard. Believe me, nothing is more attractive to a woman than a strong man who knows who he is, what he wants and where he is going.

2. Be Positive. No woman is going to find you attractive if you always play the victim mentality and are constantly moaning. Dont moan about Sikhs having a hard time, finding it hard to get married and get jobs etc. Always be positive. Sell Sikhi and sell yourself as being a Singh. Give the message that Sikhism is the best thing since sliced bread and that you love everything about it. Promote the 'Singh brand'. In fact, you have to make everyone around you feel like they are missing out because they are not Sikhs. Talk about Sikhi enthusiastically, as if it is a great adventure. Trust me, that is attractive. Everyone wants to be part of something that is going places, especially women.

3. Develop your personality. Dont be a one dimensional android. Become an exciting and interesting person to be around. This could be because you are a funny person or because you are extremely wise. It doesnt matter. Just create an aura around yourself as being an exceptional and distinguised person who stands out from the crowd in some way. Remember we Singhs are sava lakh and we are different to all the average Joes out there. We are special. We need to believe it and we need to radiate it.

4. Develop your physical presence. Remember that our dastaar and dhara are an asset. The Guru has given us these because they are the signs of ROYALTY and SOVEREIGNTY. Dont hide them. Put them on display and develop them as assets. Learn to tie the baddest and most dangerous looking dastaar that you can. Make it so beautiful that even the most hateful cannot deny its grandeur. If that is not attractive, I dont know what is. Which woman would say no to a King who wears a crown? Also, develop your posture and physique. Nothing is more attractive than a handsome Singh who stands tall and walks like a lion, chest out, stomach in and chin up.

5. Train in the gym and learn how to fight. One of the most attractive and heroic qualities that Sikhs can offer is their martial prowess. By being good fighters we are demonstrating our ability to defend our women, our families, community and the weak. We are showing that we are true heroes. Not greasy, slimy monay bollywood type heroes with sunglasses. We are the real heroes and we should let that be known.

6. Develop your career. Work hard in School, get educated and get a top job. Nothing is more attractive than a Singh who is on a fast track to the top of his career. Not only are you more powerful, you are also wealthy and can enjoy a great lifestyle. You are demonstrating your ability to look after a woman and her children and to give them a good quality of life. Very attractive. Makes you a great catch.

7. Develop your leadership qualities. Women love natural leaders. Anything from being president of a university society to being Mayor of London is going to get you noticed. It shows that you are a great communicator, you are confident, you are powerful and that you have influence over other men. These are chief chracterisitics of a chief or a SARDAR. We are a powerful and influential people. What else could any woman wish for?

8. Develop your talents. It doesnt matter whether its kirtan, art, gatka, gymnastics. We as Singhs need to take the time to develop our talents and be seen excelling in our chosen fields. Being talented also presents you as being an interesting, intelligent, sharp and able individual. No woman wants to be with anyone who is boring and is completely talentless. So Develop talents!

In Summary, the Guru's, whilst not having dating and attraction in mind, have actually made Sikhism an extremely attractive religion and Sikhs an extremely attractive people. We Singhs have all the natural ingredients to make us the the best saints, the best fighters and the best lovers. We need to stop this moaning and victim mentality, we need to get ourselves in gear, be postive, bold and fearless. We need to go out there and find the women of our dreams... the right sort of women... the best women...The kind of women who will help us on our journey of getting closer to God.

Long live Singhs

SINGH IS KING, SINGH IS KING, SINGH IS KING, SINGH IS KING