What Happens To Soul?

I recently experienced a death in my hands. Since then I have been continuosly thinking about what happens to soul after it leaves the body.

As far as I have found out so far is that Yam take it to dharmraj where chitar and gupt open up the accounts of the soul. Dharam raj looks at the good and evil deeds of the person and based on that determines which next body its gonna occupy.

e.g. Gurbani says

ਗੂਜਰੀ ॥

Goojaree:

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲਛਮੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸਰਪ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੧॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

ਅਰੀ ਬਾਈ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਤਿ ਬੀਸਰੈ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬੇਸਵਾ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੨॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲੜਿਕੇ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸੂਕਰ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੩॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਮੰਦਰ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੪॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬਦਤਿ ਤਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਤੇ ਨਰ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਪੀਤੰਬਰੁ ਵਾ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸੈ ॥੫॥੨॥

says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

copy pasted from Srigranth.org, SGGSji ang 526

The question that is still taunting me, is that this soul left the body at 3:35pm on wednesday, now when would it enter the new body. Is there a waiting period in between to dharmraj to decide.Is dharam raj really bound by time?

Does soul have to wait in between until next body he decides on is ready?

E.g. if God is going to give her body of human again, then another woman has to be pregnant. Now the question is when does soul enters into that baby's body, at conception?? on 120th day after conception or with first breath when baby is born??

I got lot going on in my mind. I wonder if someone has come across any answers based on SIKHISM beliefs. Please enlighten me

I recently experienced a death in my hands. Since then I have been continuosly thinking about what happens to soul after it leaves the body.

As far as I have found out so far is that Yam take it to dharmraj where chitar and gupt open up the accounts of the soul. Dharam raj looks at the good and evil deeds of the person and based on that determines which next body its gonna occupy.

e.g. Gurbani says

ਗੂਜਰੀ ॥

Goojaree:

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲਛਮੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸਰਪ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੧॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

ਅਰੀ ਬਾਈ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਤਿ ਬੀਸਰੈ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬੇਸਵਾ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੨॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲੜਿਕੇ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸੂਕਰ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੩॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਮੰਦਰ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੪॥

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ ॥

At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬਦਤਿ ਤਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਤੇ ਨਰ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਪੀਤੰਬਰੁ ਵਾ ਕੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਸੈ ॥੫॥੨॥

says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. ||5||2||

copy pasted from Srigranth.org, SGGSji ang 526

The question that is still taunting me, is that this soul left the body at 3:35pm on wednesday, now when would it enter the new body. Is there a waiting period in between to dharmraj to decide.Is dharam raj really bound by time?

Does soul have to wait in between until next body he decides on is ready?

E.g. if God is going to give her body of human again, then another woman has to be pregnant. Now the question is when does soul enters into that baby's body, at conception?? on 120th day after conception or with first breath when baby is born??

I got lot going on in my mind. I wonder if someone has come across any answers based on SIKHISM beliefs. Please enlighten me

ah the birth one im not 2 sure about because i cant remember. but when you die, first the aadh shakti is removed from your sareer and is sent back to akaal purakh. then your soul is removed and (if u r a paapi) is beaten all the way to Dharam Rai by the Jumdhoot. u r given your punishment. this could be staying in narakh for many years, or having to wonder around the earth as a lost soul for any number of years. after this punishment is complete, Dharam Rai sends you back to akaal purakh. here akaal purakh tells you evrything about evrything. then puts your soul into the foetus. but just before birth, your mind is wiped clean as to you having no knowledge whatsoever of anything that transpired with you as a soul.

what i'll do is i'll send you a document on Suleman Fakir the ghost. when he met Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji. suleman describes and explains what happens when you die. ill send it to you tomorrow morning. sorry for the wait.

Gurfateh.

I read this somewhere. Here is the link

http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart25.htm

I kind of don't really go with the argument of narak.

I believe nark and swarg are here in this universe. Some say swarag is meditating on God's name and doing good deeds. Everything related to God, whether its good deeds or nam japna, is all heaven. And when we suffer in the absence of name of God, is nark. or when we are made to wander around in other 8.4million joons, thats narak.

But the goal is not to get reincarnated. We want to merge with God. So our soul becomes at 1 with God.

yes ofcourse ofcourse. once you get your mukti Guru Nanak Dev Ji comes to take you. but if your hisaab is not balanced, then you will hav to walk this earth once more...(or maybe 8.4million times more :) )

But the goal is not to get reincarnated. We want to merge with God. So our soul becomes at 1 with God.

I understand thats the goal. But it might not have happened to this particular soul as she didn't nam jap. I reminded her few weeks ago to do some nam jap. But typical excuses like we humans have. So I actually held her hand and read Japuji sahib to her (about 1.5hrs before her death, she was dying with cancer and pretty much determined that she was not going to survive that day), hoping that by doing that, God gives her one more chance as human to do nam jap and have her born back in some SIKHI oriented family.

I hope it happens to my soul as you suggested the goal to merge with GOD.

I understand thats the goal. But it might not have happened to this particular soul as she didn't nam jap. I reminded her few weeks ago to do some nam jap. But typical excuses like we humans have. So I actually held her hand and read Japuji sahib to her (about 1.5hrs before her death, she was dying with cancer and pretty much determined that she was not going to survive that day), hoping that by doing that, God gives her one more chance as human to do nam jap and have her born back in some SIKHI oriented family.

I hope it happens to my soul as you suggested the goal to merge with GOD.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=12283

depending on our karam we will have a particular narak. if a man has lust for women, his narak will be to be tied to a burning woman and be beaten by the jamdhoot. is a person cons people out of what they own, his nark will be to wander the earth as a soul. we hav all heard the saying 'be careul what you wish for'. this is because you will get your desire. if you desire God, then He is what you shall get. i agree with you that nark and swarg are all here. but our personal narks are here aswel. depending on our individual karam, we will get an individual punishment. that punishment will be our narak.

In Anand Sahib, Maharaj Ji says:

maataa kay udar meh partipaal karay so ki-o manhu visaaree-ai.

He nourished us in the mother's womb; why forget Him from the mind?

manhu ki-o visaaree-ai ayvad daataa je agan meh aahaar pahuchaava-ay.

Why forget from the mind such a Great Giver, who gave us sustenance in the fire of the womb?

So, yes, it''ll be safe to say that your soul is present in the womb after conception.

Bibi, as for Dharam Raj, don't ask so many questions about him. It shouldn't matter to you. Know that if you have gained Maharaj Ji's mercy, no Dharam Raj or Jam Dhoots can near you.

No one expect for Maharaj Ji, and the souls that have become 'one' with Maharaj Ji, is free from the wheel of time. Even the Devtas are destined to 'die'. By Devtas, I mean: Shiv, Vishnu, Brahma, Indra, Narad Muni, So on... These souls wanted power, they didn't want to merge into him. They did Bhagti to attain their selfish goals. So they are still, indeed, bound by time.

ਸਿਵ ਬਿਰੰਚਿ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੁਰ ਜੇਤੇ ਕਾਲ ਅਗਨਿ ਮਹਿ ਜਰਤੇ ॥

siv biranch asur sur jaethae kaal agan mehi jarathae ||

Shiva, Brahma, angels and demons, all burn in the fire of death.

And here is the asnwer I got so far as far as the time for soul entering the body is concerned

A soul does bhajan bandgee in mother's womb. How could it do nam simran there if no soul was there. The soul has to be there to start with.

ਪਹਿਲੈ ਪਹਰੈ ਰੈਣਿ ਕੈ ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਪਇਆ ਗਰਭਾਸਿ ॥

In the first watch of the night, O my merchant friend, you were cast into the womb, by the Lord's Command.

ਉਰਧ ਤਪੁ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਵਣਜਾਰਿਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰਾ ਖਸਮ ਸੇਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥

Upside-down, within the womb, you performed penance, O my merchant friend, and you prayed to your Lord and Master.

ਖਸਮ ਸੇਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਵਖਾਣੈ ਉਰਧ ਧਿਆਨਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗਾ ॥

You uttered prayers to your Lord and Master, while upside-down, and you meditated on Him with deep love and affection.

copy pasted from srigranth.org SGGSji ang 74, bani Ist Guru ji.

If u have some time on hand, read Ang 74 and onwards starting towards the end of the page, where new shabad starts. There is lot to learn.

And I am so amazed how our gurus knew everything and wrote for us in the form of SHABAD. No wonder why Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the authority to Shabad Guru before he left his physical body.

Shabad Guru talks, we just need to learn how to listen.

And yes, I read the story narrated by Sant ISHER Singh ji. That must be true, if brahmgiyani is telling it. And that could be a special case that soul didn't enter until 11.5 months. 11.5 mons. is also unusal time, not having baby for long time and then suddenly having and then not have the capability to have anymore kids, thats all unusal. So consider that was special case. Guru is sarb kala smrath. So anything is possible.

I believe all that 100%. To answer my own questions, I guess GOD decides when to let the soul enter. It could be the day of conception or anytime after that. (which leads me to believe that Abortion shouldn't be done at any stage, one should just use precautions if not desriring to have any more kids, even though God could overrule your precautions too, if he HE wants to).

And the only way out to get merged with God, is to do nam simran. Rest of the good deeds and other 1000 things we preach we should practice being human oweing to society, to family, to ourlselves, to environment etc. etc. will be all granted to us automatically.