Sikh Channel And Thier Studio Cameras

chatanga

what right does that jathedar have to say who is sikh or not ?

so the whole panth is following what this jathedar is saying which makes him like a so called mini guru as he controls the panth ?

1. Page305 Line 16 Raag Gaurhee: Guru Ram Das

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae outh har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru the True Guru shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

He is hardly a mini guru because unlike the kookay babas no one bows to him and gives second place to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

The reason why a person is made a Jathedar is based on their jeevan and sewa that they have done. And dont be mistaken I dont pretend to understand the full reasons behind a person being the Jathedar.

But as he speaks on behalf of the whole Sikh panth his decisions are at the best interest of the Panth and no one has the right to undermine him or any Hukamnama issued by the Akal Thakt.

is the akal takht not controlled by sgpc ?

With all the differences in our marayada which has evolved over the past 300 years, there has to be some standardistation in our approach and Sri Akal Takht Sahib, whether we like the institution or not, is there as a guidance for Sikhs.

Don’t forget this astaan was set up by Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji Maharaj along with Mahapursh’s such as Baba Budha Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji. Regardless of the decision made by the Akal Takht we (Sikhs) must have some acceptance and satkaar to that decision making process. Contrary to everyone’s belief, the consensus process within Akal Takht Sahib is intense and the Punj Singh Sahibs are from backgrounds such as AKJ and Taksaal. Decisions on maryada have always involved GurSikhs from all backgrounds and those who have spent some time in the parkarma will know the influence the Nihangs, AKJ and Sant Samaj do actually have in the decisions making process.

The decision on groups such as the Namdharis and other dehdari Guru followers is a vital decision taken by Akal Takht Sahib which only really states the obvious. If a person leading a katha or keertan on the Gurdwara stage is a blatant follower of a Dehdhari (living) Guru then they should not be allowed to lead any katha/keertna within a Sikh institute. I think we fall into a trap with Namdharis due to their other saroop and raag keertan ablities where we automatically assume they are simply a Sikh Jathebhandi. However, if we delve deeper we will clearly see their portrayal of a current Guruship in which an additional 5 individuals are assumed to be Gurus after Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This is a message we (Sikh) need to distance ourselves from and therefore a group that we should distance ourselves from.

So any one who believes in Guru Nanak Sahib can't perform in a gurdwara?

Im sorry but wasn't Guru Nanak Sahib dehdhari? If you say no to this then I wont comment on this topic any further!

Thanks,

So any one who believes in Guru Nanak Sahib can't perform in a gurdwara?

Im sorry but wasn't Guru Nanak Sahib dehdhari? If you say no to this then I wont comment on this topic any further!

Thanks,

You cant differentiate between the 10 Guru Sahibs and Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, they are all one and the same. It is not a pick and mix, take what you like and leave what you dont.

Totally agree with Sikhroots.

what right does that jathedar have to say who is sikh or not ?

so the whole panth is following what this jathedar is saying which makes him like a so called mini guru as he controls the panth ?

Again you only see a jathedar, you fail to see what Akal Takht Sahib represents. You fail to see an institute set up by Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji Maharaj along with Mahapursh’s such as Baba Budha Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji. You fail to see the concensus power of a Maata which was a mechanism set up by the Sarbat Khalsa. You fail to see that whoever is involved in the concensus has been given authority by the Akal Takht, the throne of Sri Akaal Sahib.

On another note who gives Guru Jagjit Singh the right to call himself the 15th Guru Nanak? Who gives him the right to proclaim he's the Guru? Who gives him the right to say "satgur Ram Singh Chardi Kala Teray Bhanay Sarbat da Bhalla" instead of Nanak Naam Chardi Kala Teray Bhanay Sarbat da Bhalla?

Just as you feel offended to be termed a "non-Sikh" , I am offended by an individual who proclaims that he's my Guru. So it looks like both of us are offended by each other's beliefs and we are better off distancing ourselves from each other. Hence, a physical distance of the naamdhari belief can be put to best practice by having an actual distance from the individuals who follow that belief.

But was Guru Nanak Sahib in Human form?

And without the 6 Guru's Bani + Bhagatan bani, there would be no Guru Granth Sahib right?

So those human gurus were needed as well as the bhagatan... Does that mean that we forget our 10gurus and Guru Granth Sahib is just our guru?

See that is where you seem to contradict yourself, There were the Guru sahibs and bhagat etc that were in human form that contributed and created Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. But your forgetting that Guru Granth Sahib Ji has been COMPLETED and the Jot of the 10 Guru Sahibs is now eternally in Guru Maharaj. There leaves no room for baba x to come in and pretend to run the show.

Bhagats are not the same as Gurus though... Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the embodiment of the Light of all our 10 Gurus who came in "human form".

Yes, bhagats contributed to the emodiment of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, but they werent then given the title of Guru Kabeer Jee etc were they? They are still revered as Bhagat Kabeer Jee etc...

I feel the channel must improve greatly, otherwise a new channel must be chalked out with more of a activism agenda.

I feel its only been 7 odd weeks since the channel launched, so i feel we should all give it a chance.