Sikh Channel Requires Support!

Singh@

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with AK47 transparency is the key.

But I think the most important aspect of this is responsibility, we already have many organisations acting to undermine Sikhi, the worst aspect of this is that these organisations are posing as Sikh institutions.

The undermining of Sikhi is overt and covert, open and secret. It could be a continuous attack on a small point or a onetime hit on a big level.

Example of continuous small attacks:

names on the bottom of Sikh Channel with cast distinctions (such an such Gill, Grewall ect) this makes it seem like its ok to believe in these things when it clearly is not.

Example of big attack:

Not acknowledging Shaheeds, distorting our history.

Every Sikh institution, organisation and person has a responsibility to Sikhi and its preservation. We must not misinform, distort or confuse we have a duty to the Panth.

Sikh channel have such an amazing opportunity to unite the Panth and the various Sikh Gurdwaras in the UK, Europe and even the world!!

Sikh channel needs to concentrate on unifying the message, history and philosophy of Sikhi in a way that is acceptable to all Sikhs, we don’t really have a lot of unity at the moment maybe Sikh channel can change this.

(also instead of trying to do everything in English it is important that we push the importance of Punjabi!!! Its ok that we give translations and speeches in English but we have to underline the importance of our MAH BOLI)

http://www.sikhstudentsfederation.com/video/damdama-sahib.html

Theres nothing wrong with names being run on the screen thats just acknowledgement of those who have helped,just like in ardass names are said,there is no caste issue there I have seen Jatt surnames Tharkhan Surnames and surnames from all so called Castes - this shows one thing at least that all SIKHS are commited to this channel

The SIKH channel should attened the Mahan Shaheedi Smagam down the Midlands on July 5th just TWO POUNDS from each Sikh - and the target will be reached within a day,a similar event is being held in London Guru Nanak Sikh School later on in the month they could do the same there

Sarpanch,

Firstly you are breaking the forum rules by quoting my whole post, max quote six lines.

Secondly you need to relax take some time out and really THINK about what you are saying before you post it for all the Sangat to see.

Let me make it clear:

I am NOT against Sikh Channel

I don't care if you give money and want to see your name (even though thats egomania)

THE CASTE SYSTEM HAS BEEN DEBUNKED AND OUTLAWED BY OUR GURUS

Khalsa meri jaat aur paat

oupmah khalsa jaat nah kehe

mehva eh paar nah lehi

"there is no caste issue there I have seen Jatt surnames Tharkhan Surnames and surnames from all so called Castes - this shows one thing at least that all SIKHS are commited to this channel"

How can you say there is no caste issue then say you have seen caste surnames that is the issue!!!!! why cant the Sikh Channel accept their responsibility when some manmukh calls in and says i wanna give 50 and see my name 'such an such Gill' or wateva why cant SIKH CHANNEL say:

We have no problem showing your name if thats what you want; but we cannot and will not show any jaat paat distinctions because it is against the very fundamentals of SIKHI.

Education and prevention in one sentence, Simples!

;)

Is the "surname" issue the biggest issue some people have with the Sikh Channel? Are you kidding me.

Does this over ride any potentional that a Sikh Channel has to offer? Right now I can say than many of my non-Gursikh family members and friends watch/listen to more Sikhi parchaar then they ever have in their whole lives. And that's thanks to a Sikh Channel. I will go as far as my brother-in-law has started keeping his kes since the end of May and he watches the Sikh Channel kathas most evenings. There's a massive intangible benefit here, those being nit-picky just because they think they have perfect Sikhi in their lives, need to understand that others will benefit from it.

The main issues are:

Transparency of accounts (because money is coming from Sangat)

Clear up the whole 'Who owns what' scenario (because it could create something know as a conflict of interests, also we dont want anti Panthic forces becoming the mouth piece of the Sikh community)

Responsibility of Sikh Channel to portray PURE SIKHI (because ...well thats just obvious)

Unity of the Panth (because its very important!!)

Its not about nit picking although if you had nits in your hair i am 100% positive you would not leave them alone...

As i have said before Sikh Channel is in a very important position to help unify the Panth and

Sikh channel needs to concentrate on unifying the message, history and philosophy of Sikhi in a way that is acceptable to all Sikhs, we don’t really have a lot of unity at the moment maybe Sikh channel can change this.

Instead of selling out for a few donations and living month to month and always worrying about funds if the Sikh Channel worked to create UNITY and established a network of support from Gurdwareh they would run forever.

Also people should really read and try to understand other peoples posts before they start "nit picking"

The main issues are:

Transparency of accounts (because money is coming from Sangat)

Clear up the whole 'Who owns what' scenario (because it could create something know as a conflict of interests, also we dont want anti Panthic forces becoming the mouth piece of the Sikh community)

Responsibility of Sikh Channel to portray PURE SIKHI (because ...well thats just obvious)

Unity of the Panth (because its very important!!)

To be honest my dear brother, the above points can be raised in reference to every Sikh Institute out there. Whilst I fully agree with above issues, I also believe that at this stage even mahan institutes like Sri Akal Takht Sahib has the above issues.

Sometimes we just need to move in a direction which will give some benefit to others. It may not meet the perfect criteria but it's one smaller step in the right direction.

Veer Ji

We agree yet disagree :)

You are absolutely right these problems are in all our major institutions, in some institutions these problems have been there from day one! In fact I would go as far as saying some institutions were created to cause divisions and keep the general population under control and misinformed!

we all know what (maf karna Sangat Ji) dirty badal is up to.

With Sikh Channel we have the opportunity to make a fresh start so why not do it properly. At least we can have one institution that is portraying the message of Sikhi in a way that is pure.

Sikh Channel is a major platform for us to mobilise and raise awareness about so many issues, that maybe one day we can exorcise all these demons dressed as Sikhs from the ranks of our leadership.

Surnames are not banned in Sikhism and I don't have a problem with people having surnames,we are meant to have Singh/Kuar i know and I agree that is what breaks the caste barrier downIf no one used Surnames it would be impossible to diffrentiate between Sikhs and it would be confusing.People just look for little things to cry about