What was your longest period of doing amritvela?

What was your longest period of doing amritvela?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What was your longest period of doing amritvela?

• 1+ years
    • 6+ months
    • Over a week
    • Still haven't stuck to a routine

Okay......if one first does 'amritvela' and then gets on to doing it 'day and night', when do you sleep then ? Please dont tell me now, that our Gurus visiting our planet over five hundred years ago, never ever went to bed ! 

The goal, of course, is to constantly meditate on the Lord (Waheguru)'s name...Even when one is sleeping, eating, etc. they should remember God...Amritvela is a time in the morning as previously specified where one should specifically set aside time, sit down, and do path/prayers, etc...At this time, there are less distractions, and it is more conducive for spirituality...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

theres a difference between praying/reading Gurbani and remembering and meditating on God which is present everywhere in everything.

you have to find out for yourself how it works in sleep.

i get up and watch alpha in the morning. this is what i do...

8.45, kirtan sohila, bed. keep alarm clock near your bed.

2.30am so first thing you hear will be a alarm near your ear. (though obviously not that close)

go downstairs and say the japji sahib da paath

3.00am watch gyan da sagar

3.30 shabad kirtan

4.00 alpha gurbani

5.00 sleep

of course not all of you want to get up and watch alpha. but i guess you could follow the "go sleep 8.30 ish" get up 2.30 (have ishnaan) then 3.00am start doing the 5 banis.

my 2 pence.

Errrrr...how is one supposed to pray when they are sleeping ? Dont tell me, you dream it

Masti, when one does simran and listens to kirtan, then one carries on to listen to kirtan and simran while one is asleep.

You should really start to do simran and listen to kirtan for more experiences. Though, i myself am not saying i have experienced them.