*** !!! EmErGeNcY PoSt - ReAd ThIs NoW !!! ***

PARMINDER SINGH, CHARANJIT SINGH, RENA KAUR

MEMORIAL KEERTAN HAS BEEN MOVED TO THURSDAY 5PM AT KHALSA SCHOOL, SURREY, BC

BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE KHALSA JEE !!!!!!!!!!!

BHAI CHARANJIT SINGH FINAL DARSHAN HAS BEEN MOVED TO FRIDAY 6-8PM AT FIVE RIVERS FUNERAL HALL

BHAI PARMINDER SINGH, BIBI RENA KAUR FUNERAL SERVICE WILL STILL BE ON SATURDAY 1PM AT FIVE RIVERS FUNERAL HALL

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE TO AAALLLLLLLL THOSE YOU KNOW,

IT'S IMPORTANT PLEASE !!

Contact sikhyouth@shaw.ca - The Sikh Youth of BC - for info.

Guest G.Kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Tuesday's update:

For the information of the sangat,

[/b]FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ANY OF THE BELOW ANNOUNCEMENTS, PLEASE E-MAIL

sikhyouth@shaw.ca

PRIORITY NUMBER ONE:It goes without saying that all the sangat has a responsibility to continue to do simran and bani for these Gursikhs and to remain in Chardee Kalaa as a united Khalsa panth.

MEMORIAL PROGRAMS include the Bhog of the Sehaj Paath for Bhai Charanjit Singh jee at Gurdwara Sahib Amrit Parkash, which will take place on Sunday, May 16th, at 9:30 am. There will be Sri Akhand Paath seva at Gurdwara Sahib Amrit Parkash in memory of Bhai Parminder Singh jee and Bibi Rena Kaur Jee. The bhog of the Sri Akhand Paath will be around 9:30 / 10:00am on Monday, May 17. All of the golak donated at these programs will be given for the Trust Fund in the name of these three gursikhs. There will also be a bhog of the Sehaj Paath at Khalsa School. For more information please contact sikhyouth@shaw.ca

THE MEMORIAL KEERTANwill take place on THURSDAY, May 14, at Khalsa School on 124 St near 72nd Ave in Surrey, BC. This will be a fully youth-organized keertan darbaar, with a united darbar of all Sikh youth who had the honour and good fortune of being in the sangat of Bhai Parminder Singh, Bibi Rena Kaur and Bhai Charanjit Singh. The program will begin at 5:30 and will go as long as the youth feel appropriate.

THE ANTAM SANSKAAR(Funeral Services) will take place on Saturday, May 15at the Five Rivers Funeral Hall located at 7410-Hopcott Road (by River Road), Delta

B.C. at 1:00pm. The program's length will depend on how much sangat comes to get darshan.

THE ANTAM SANSKAAR BHOG (Post-Funeral Services) will be organized all by youth as per the wishes of the sangat. It will feature Sikh youth keertan and katha. It will take place immediately after the antam sanskaar at Gurdwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar on 128th Street near 88 Ave in Surrey, BC. All of the sangat are requested to stay for the evening as there will be a Rainsabhaee (all-night) keertan at the same location after the bhog hosted by Akhand Kirtani Jatha of BC.

SPEECHES AT THE ANTAM SANSKAAR - the program of speeches at the funeral has been arranged. We request that individuals do not prepare speeches for the funeral.

SPEECHES AT THE BHOGwill be done by Sikh youth and community organization leaders. If any organizations are interested in speaking for 2-5 minutes MAXIMUM (strictly enforced) please e-mail contact@gurmatveechar.com.

THE MEMORIAL SMAGAM will take place from 5:00am to 8:00pm on Sunday May 16 at Gurdwara Sahib Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Sikh Society on 88Ave near 144St with langar/keertan done according to panthic maryada.

THE MEDIA RESOURCESare all online at www.inoneday.ca. The media contact on behalf of all three families is Mark Schneider of Numenon Communications. Please direct all media inquiries to this website and to Mark Schneider. The information is on the website. The families have requested that no comments be made on the accident at all at this time. This is a time for memorial and honour of those three Gursikhs.

THE MEMORIAL CD & PAMPHLET will be distributed at the Antam Sanskaar. The CD will feature keertan by Bibi Rena Kaur Jee, katha by Bhai Parminder Singh jee, and kavitas by Bhai Charanjit Singh jee. All of the sangat is requested to take only one per family, and do the seva of making copies and distributing worldwide. The CD cover and contents will be available for download the Gurmat Studies Foundatio

n (www.gurmatstudies.com) and Guru Nanak Academy websites (www.gurunanakacademy.com).

RIDES TO THE ANTAM SANSKAAR will be available from Khalsa School Surrey (contact Jasmohanjit Kaur Gill at 604-592-8769) and from Gurdwara Sahib Dasmesh Darbar (contact Sukhpreet Singh Heir at 604-725-2045). If you can take a ride instead of a car, please do in order to avoid parking troubles.

PLACES TO STAY FOR OUT-OF-TOWN SANGATare available as sevadaars from all over the Lower Mainland have united to offer their homes for this seva. Please contact sikhyouth@shaw.ca to arrange your stay or to offer this seva.

THE PARMINDER SINGH, CHARANJIT SINGH, RENA KAUR MEMORIAL FUND has been established to honour the legacy of these three Gursikhs. The funds from this fund will be used to aid the families in the funeral arrangements and to support the work for the betterment of society by the Guru Nanak Academy.

It is preferred that donations are primarily made through cheques or direct deposits to the memorial fund account or made via the Internet using credit card at www.gurunanakacademy.com. If you are unable to use these methods the following Gurdwaras will be able to accept donations on behalf of the families and provide receipts: Dasmesh Darbar (Surrey), Khalsa School (Surrey), Khalsa Darbar (Vancouver), and Kalgidhar Darbar (Abbotsford).

All cheques should be written to (exact words): Parminder, Charnjit, Rena Memorial Fund

One can make direct deposits to:

Bank of Montreal (any local branch) using the following info:

Account# 8800398

Branch# 798

Or donations can be given via Internet:

www.gurunanakacademy.com (Paypal system)

Remember to stay in Chardee Kalaa jee.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!!!

it was awesome B) soooo much sangat, the darbaar was PACKED... but by the end there were few people left. the kirtan's up at ikirtan.com

This is the hukamnama for the kirtan:

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Soohee on Pannaa 751

sUhI mhlw 1 kwPI Gru 10

soohee mehalaa 1 kaafee ghar 10

Soohee, First Mehl, Kaafee, Tenth House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

mwxs jnmu dulµBu gurmuiK pwieAw ]

maanas janam dhula(n)bh guramukh paaeiaa ||

For if you depart with virtue, then pain shall never afflict you. ||5||

mnu qnu hoie culµBu jy siqgur BwieAw ]1]

man than hoe chula(n)bh jae sathigur bhaaeiaa ||1||

The mind and body are dyed in the deep red color of devotional love, if it pleases the True Guru. ||1||

clY jnmu svwir vKru scu lY ]

chalai janam savaar vakhar sach lai ||

He departs with his life embellished and successful, taking the merchandise of the True Name.

<

br>

piq pwey drbwir siqgur sbid BY ]1] rhwau ]

path paaeae dharabaar sathigur sabadh bhai ||1|| rehaao ||

He is honored in the Darbaar, the Royal Court, of the Lord, through the Shabad, the Word of the True Guru, and the Fear of God. ||1||Pause||

man than sach salaahi saachae man bhaaeiaa ||

One who praises the True Lord with his mind and body, pleases the Mind of the True Lord.

lwil rqw mnu mwinAw guru pUrw pwieAw ]2]

laal rathaa man maaniaa gur pooraa paaeiaa ||2||

Attuned to the Beloved Lord, the mind is appeased, and finds the Perfect Guru. ||2||

hau jIvw gux swir AMqir qU vsY ]

ho jeevaa gun saar a(n)thar thoo vasai ||

I live, by cherishing Your Glorious Virtues; You dwell deep within me.

qUM vsih mn mwih shjy ris rsY ]3]

thoo(n) vasehi man maahi sehajae ras rasai ||3||

You dwell within my mind, and so it naturally celebrates in joyful delight. ||3||

mUrK mn smJwie AwKau kyqVw ]

moorakh man samajhaae aakho kaetharraa ||

O my foolish mind, how can I teach and instruct you?

gurmuiK hir gux gwie rMig rMgyqVw ]4]

guramukh har gun gaae ra(n)g ra(n)gaetharraa ||4||

As Gurmukh, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and so become attuned to His Love. ||4||

inq inq irdY smwil pRIqmu Awpxw ]

n>

nith nith ridhai samaal preetham aapanaa ||

Continually, continuously, remember and cherish your Beloved Lord in your heart.

jy clih gux nwil nwhI duKu sMqwpxw ]5]

jae chalehi gun naal naahee dhukh sa(n)thaapanaa ||5||

For if you depart with virtue, then pain shall never afflict you. ||5||

mnmuK Brim Bulwxw nw iqsu rMgu hY ]

manamukh bharam bhulaanaa naa this ra(n)g hai ||

The self-willed manmukh wanders around, deluded by doubt; he does not enshrine love for the Lord.

mrsI hoie ivfwxw min qin BMgu hY ]6]

marasee hoe viddaanaa man than bha(n)g hai ||6||

He dies as a stranger to his own self, and his mind and body are spoiled. ||6||

gur kI kwr kmwie lwhw Gir AwixAw ]

gur kee kaar kamaae laahaa ghar aaniaa ||

Performing service to the Guru, you shall go home with the profit.

gurbwxI inrbwxu sbid pCwixAw ]7]

gurabaanee nirabaan sabadh pashhaaniaa ||7||

Through the Word of the Guru's Bani, and the Shabad, the Word of God, the state of Nirvaanaa is attained. ||7||

iek nwnk kI Ardwis jy quDu BwvsI ]

eik naanak kee aradhaas jae thudhh bhaavasee ||

Nanak makes this one prayer: if it pleases Your Will,

mY dIjY nwm invwsu hir gux gwvsI ]8]1]3]

mai dheejai naam nivaas har gun gaavasee ||8||1||3||

bless me with a home in Your Nam

e, Lord, that I may sing Your Glorious Praises. ||8||1||3||

Guest balwinderkaur

a very beautiful hukum...thank you so much for sharing...if possible put up the hukums taken at the other programmes in memoriam for these 3 gursikhs. thanks. :wub: