Amritvella

It seems to me Harjit Singh Ji that you are trying to find any way not to get up and amritwella,

and in the process possibly discourage others from doing so also.

It is quite evident from the gurbani above and from rehat namas that early morning is not just

important to a sikh , it is essential to a sikh. Naam jap 24/7 if you like BUT a sikh must

awaken early in the morning to do his panj bani.

If a soldier told his commanding officer I don't want to do the morning excercise i'll do it later

I do a lot of excercise all day long so don't feel the need for it at a set time, he will get a good

kicking from his officer and told to fall in line. This is not a ritual this is training the body

for combat. In the same way we are traning our soul to reach AkaalPurkh and the start of this is

to show your love and devotion and dedication for you Guru.

Lastly, if Guru Ji says you have to get up and amritwella why is there any reason to debate this ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf,

I am a sinner who has been lucky to have a small place in Guru Nanak's darbar. I am trying to understand more on this issue. When one tells one thing, me, as a stone rolls to that direction. After all, i am a stone. Singhs are warriors, but me, i am far for that as I cant even kill the 5 sins in me. I am a sinner, which like a stone is drowning. Neither do i have my own thinking nor can i do anything. The direction this stone goes depends on my master. And sometimes, this stones asks question from my master's people, who are far more learned than me and might offend them with the stupid questions.

I do apologise. Please do ignore this small stone.

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf,

I am a sinner who has been lucky to have a small place in Guru Nanak's darbar. I am trying to understand more on this issue. When one tells one thing, me, as a stone rolls to that direction. After all, i am a stone. Singhs are warriors, but me, i am far for that as I cant even kill the 5 sins in me. I am a sinner, which like a stone is drowning. Neither do i have my own thinking nor can i do anything. The direction this stone goes depends on my master. And sometimes, this stones asks question from my master's people, who are far more learned than me and might offend them with the stupid questions.

wjkk wjkf

hehe, in Gurbani it says if i was a little stone , it would appear tiny and humble ,but be an impediment to those walking on a path (stone under yur feet ouccchhh) ,if i was to be water i would be all soft and flexi but if i got too hot i would cause a burn .the shabad concludes by saying ''harjan esah chahieh ,jaisa har hi hoe'' i.e desire not to be a stone or anything but desire to be like God Himself .

To be like God , you defo need to do loads loads loads ardas constantly knocking at God's door to somehow kick you out of your bed to be up in the night hours chanting away waheguru ,nitnem ,keertan etc etc . Yes you do attain a certain level of spirituality by doing all that during the day ,but during the day you are surrounded by people ,gotta eat ,work ,study ,etc etc .During the night hours is wen all the wordly stuff is off your back , and you can focus on a romantic time wiv God n Guru one to one. It gives you loads power to be a lion during the day as you go about doing stuff . You can work out the rest of the logic yourself veerjee . O God im so proud and happy that you desire to be so close to Gurujee . I can almost picture you getting up in the middle of the night ,having a nice little shower , then interacting and communicating with Gurujee thru all ur prayers in the dewy dark night,making you wet wet wet n soaked with God's love and power. aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

wjkk wjkf,

Back to the main question. Amritvella is really important meaning the time. what if a Sikh, who prays from the time he gets up and till he sleeps but does not get up at 12 - 6 o clock? Does he attain salvation? And he is humble and nice and all... saintly qualities, but does not get up at that time.

Veer Ji , I think you are missing the point. Salvation should tried to be attained in this life not the next, and for one to attain salvation in this life it takes alot of effort. Our Soul is like a bird crying for the immortal drink. For many life times the mind which has been contolled by the Ego and has prevented this soul from quenching its sole desire to drink the immortal amrit. We have been born and dead many times. The atma wants to rest in immortal nectar. Because we have been deprived from this immortal amrit for many life times the soul is starving for this essence.

Guru Sahib has called Amrit Vela amrit vela for a reason. This is the time Guru Jis darbar sahib ( Sach Khand) freely distrubtes Amrit to the crying souls. Those Varagis who wake up during this time their tongue has a strong desire to taste the immortal amrit. Its the same way our tongue craves the essence when we recite Amrit Bani. It is this Amrit which is the food for the soul. By not waking up for Amrit Vela we are only starving our soul from its essence. When ever we wake up for Amrit vela our Atma is in attendance in the holy darbar of Sach Khand which is our true home. Just think being in the holy darbar of Sach Khand with all the great saints. Every night when we recite Kirtan Sohila towards the end we always ask for the dust of the holy saints. We are really asking to be in attendance with the holy saints of Sach Khand where the atmic tongue drinks the Amrit of Guru Jis internal darbar.

wjkk wjkf,

Back to the main question. Amritvella is really important meaning the time. what if a Sikh, who prays from the time he gets up and till he sleeps but does not get up at 12 - 6 o clock? Does he attain salvation? And he is humble and nice and all... saintly qualities, but does not get up at that time.

Veer Ji , I think you are missing the point. Salvation should tried to be attained in this life not the next, and for one to attain salvation in this life it takes alot of effort. Our Soul is like a bird crying for the immortal drink. For many life times the mind which has been contolled by the Ego and has prevented this soul from quenching its sole desire to drink the immortal amrit. We have been born and dead many times. The atma wants to rest in immortal nectar. Because we have been deprived from this immortal amrit for many life times the soul is starving for this essence.

Guru Sahib has called Amrit Vela amrit vela for a reason. This is the time Guru Jis darbar sahib ( Sach Khand) freely distrubtes Amrit to the crying souls. Those Varagis who wake up during this time their tongue has a strong desire to taste the immortal amrit. Its the same way our tongue craves the essence when we recite Amrit Bani. It is this Amrit which is the food for the soul. By not waking up for Amrit Vela we are only starving our soul from its essence. When ever we wake up for Amrit vela our Atma is in attendance in the holy darbar of Sach Khand which is our true home. Just think being in the holy darbar of Sach Khand with all the great saints. Every night when we recite Kirtan Sohila towards the end we always ask for the dust of the holy saints. We are really asking to be in attendance with the holy saints of Sach Khand where the atmic tongue drinks the Amrit of Guru Jis internal darbar.

well said . you write very inspiringly . write more ,even write a book .ill be the 1st to buy it hahaaa . luv you my veer

Long story short: if you wake at AMritvela, chant naam and read/recite panj bania then you love and trust GuruSahib. If you dont then you think you are smarter than the master. Waking at amritvela is the only offering you can make that matters. Chanting Naam at Amritvela is like climbing the highest mountain, while not waking at Amritvela is like burying yourself at the deepest place in the ocean of existence. Making the effort makes you strong, while being lazy makes the mind very very lazy. Only those who God blesses to wake at AMritvela will, while the rest of the people either wish they can, or forfiet completely. Giving flowers or food is no offering to God only waking at AMritvela and remembering God(Simran) is the only fit offering, after that you must do your daily exercise of Bania(Nitnaym) to control the mind from running away from its very core. Control your mind and youve won the battle, its like in war , you can be "spiritually" one versus 1 million and the very last surviving living enemy can kill you and you lose, you must battle all five of the vices(panj doots) not leaving one enemy running around in your mind or it is enough to cut off your head after you just battled the entire opposing army except that last one enemy.

Amritvela is only for the strong, the weak best not apply for this, as they will waste this time and with no effort, fail.

If you call yourself a Sikh and being ok for being very weak is very sad to say. A Sikh is strong. Weak minded people claiming to be Sikhs is like a goat claiming to be a lion.

Keerpa veerji, very strong wording. Can we try to be positive and optimistic? Lets say GOD bless us all with Amritvela. ONly the ones who have amritvela can tell its benefits. Don't really wanna say more. So lets be +ve and babaji nu ardas kariye ke sanu sabh nu amrit vela bhakhasan jee.

Lets say GOD bless us all with Amritvela.

We can "say" that but is it true????????????

We "hope" everyone will be blessed with True Amrit is more correct and proper.

Hope is the word you are looking for BhainJi.

wjkk wjkf,

wjkk wjkf

hehe, in Gurbani it says if i was a little stone , it would appear tiny and humble ,but be an impediment to those walking on a path (stone under yur feet ouccchhh) ,if i was to be water i would be all soft and flexi but if i got too hot i would cause a burn .the shabad concludes by saying ''harjan esah chahieh ,jaisa har hi hoe'' i.e desire not to be a stone or anything but desire to be like God Himself .

To be like God , you defo need to do loads loads loads ardas constantly knocking at God's door to somehow kick you out of your bed to be up in the night hours chanting away waheguru ,nitnem ,keertan etc etc . Yes you do attain a certain level of spirituality by doing all that during the day ,but during the day you are surrounded by people ,gotta eat ,work ,study ,etc etc .During the night hours is wen all the wordly stuff is off your back , and you can focus on a romantic time wiv God n Guru one to one. It gives you loads power to be a lion during the day as you go about doing stuff . You can work out the rest of the logic yourself veerjee . O God im so proud and happy that you desire to be so close to Gurujee . I can almost picture you getting up in the middle of the night ,having a nice little shower , then interacting and communicating with Gurujee thru all ur prayers in the dewy dark night,making you wet wet wet n soaked with God's love and power. aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

wjkk wjkf,

NOW, This makes a lot of sense. Waking up early gives you time with God.. Meaning that your mind is fresh and the dirt of th world has not stick on to you yet.. from a mental point of view, this all makes sense.

Thank you thank you thank you.

-It's true what people say- God gives knowlegde to selected people and it is you that help sinners like me.

Thank you.

wjkk wjkf,

well said . you write very inspiringly . write more ,even write a book .ill be the 1st to buy it hahaaa . luv you my veer

lol are you being sarcastic. Most of my friends tell me my words are less inspirational and more authoratative, haha. Especially my friend on this forum ( Waaheguru JI- screename)