Keerpasound "keerpa Simran" Mp3

KEERPA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was not in anyway saying you sing 'monotonously ' haha .if you read my para carefully, i was making a point about how taan practises help to improve voice quality whether it is for you ,me or anyone else .

Likewise, no one is asking you to sing with your mouth and not your heart .A point was being made about chest compression during singing. In singing you always try to stop somewhere for a micro second to quickly regain your breathe so u can continue louder and not fizzle ,akin to staying afloat when swimming. Generally speaking a good singer always keeps an eye out watching to make sure he is developing a good habit of 'opening ' not compressing his chest.

You are young and talented and have a beautiful future ahead of you in your hobbies and ppl like me just wanna help you ,encourage and inspire you thats all . Nothing is ever said to put you down ,and in my case i share my Guru given knowledge with you to help you better yourself . We are a family here loving you and only wanting your best.

Let me know what kind of sponsorship you need. ill do my best for you . Do tell us more of your exposure to sound engineering .Also post a picture of your home studio as it excites me. Do let me know if you need sponsoringor ideas for further education on this.

Through Guru's kirpa i want to help any youth here in any way i can .

I recorded the new extended version for 40mins and I am going to make and print the actual cd, and put that as an album. Im going to have track one the Simran and track two the instrumental. It is a big file to upload so Im going to have it on mp3 cd as well as wav file, and Im going to set up my website hopefully to be able to put an order form on with a small donation link so I can further building my equipment for recording purposes.

I want to make a Paat cd with random shabads in Gurmukhi and after recited in english so people can remember the certain shabads I pick out and know its meanings etc.

I got lots of ideas but I need more disk space and other stuff etc to make this happen. I record any vocal audio straight and do not loop, so my 40 mins of Naam Simran was actually 40 mins not a 3 min track looped.

Again I am not going to upload the 40 min version but have the short version uploaded for a few more weeks until I have the completely finished cd printed, copyrighted and published. Ill keep everyone updated with its progress.

Vaheguru

S1ngh Ji Im just now starting to record such albums related to keertan, all my other music is way different from Reggae to rock and anything in between, I even have some acoustic guitar kickback sounding stuff but I mostly dont have them published as of yet. Im trying to gather better equipment so I can have a perfect quality sound without fluxuations even if it is different genres etc.

Im doing lots and lots of editing on the 40min simran still and I screwed myself up by already writing a new song, some in a different genre and spent a few hours yesterday compressing all the tracks and then I still have to go back and re-record the verses of the new song (which I shouldnt have started but to keep myself fresh and not bored from all the hours of editing I write new songs :lol: ) ((right now I have like 5-6 songs half to 3/4 done and have like a month of editing and then polishing up))

I would like to hire a guy to do all the crazy technical stuff that is very time consuming but they dont take my currency at the moment (a handful of corn :lol: )

will be useful if you prepared a few simple tutorials on specific electronic music programs so some youths on here can learn to record ,mix, incorporate bkground sounds and master themselves the simran, gurbani n nitnem etc they do n post it on here .

will be useful if you prepared a few simple tutorials on specific electronic music programs so some youths on here can learn to record ,mix, incorporate bkground sounds and master themselves the simran, gurbani n nitnem etc they do n post it on here .

To tell ya the truth money is the only real way to say what to get and how to do it, also expereince with recording. Ive gone thru many studios and eachone has its benefit and downfalls. Some studio focus on recording and then want you to find a studio for mastering etc. Depends on how much one can spend and how much time they spend on the particular equipment they bought as to what to buy and use. If someone wants to spend money going to a studio I would say that mostly the best bet because the studio has the engineer and the equipment and as long as you got your stuff together then it might be the best economical situation for someone how has no equipment or skills to use recording equipment. If someone buys the top of the line recordingt equipment but cant use it isnt a good idea. I have 2 old friends that are going to college for protools and one that does professional apprientice recording in L.A, but they spent lots of money to figureout how to record while I have been tinkering with many musical genres and studios for over ten years, anyone that knows me gives me that respect that I know my music (Im learning Sikh Kirtan still) but those that hate on me for being a Sikh still understand that I have great skill with learning music and have a huge background of musical ability. I learn by ear and have a natural talent of playing music (all my family knows this) If I like a song or something etc I can play it very quick, If I like an instrument I can teach myself how to play it and quick.

As for studio/Protools recording I was taught by the Drum Technician of the Deftones (a world reknown heavy metal/rock Band from Sacramento. He used to let me bring any band I had at the time and record thousands of dollars worth of recording for like $600 and say "I like your music so dont pay me the rest" this actually saved my rear because I was paying lots of money touring around California with like 6 different bands almost at once, and I needed all the money I could get. Everytime I went to his studio he was actually showing my music to someone and was suprized I showed up without calling ^o^My dad became manager and got me lots of top notch shows, where I played a show in front of 5000 people and stole the show away from the headliners, Ive actually stole the show on many occasions from the headliners and used to have a line of like 50 people wanting autographs for a few hours at a time and they didnt want the rest of the bands to sign their cd (and the bands would get all mad at me)(and Im just some chump to be signing autographs but hey to be polite I made them think I was some 'big musician" etc and it made their day) A few years ago I could go places and have people say "hey I saw you play once at %$^&*"(and all I could say is "kewl") I would go from band to band and would quit because they had huge egos and would chase around girls (and I had no need for ego or girls, and I played for the thrill of it and for fun) I have been in magazines from Texas to Japan and had a prominent record label going to shows but didnt sign us cause the band was too quickly put together (as I could put a band together in five mins with people not very good at playing and still make it sound awesome like if we been together for years etc) To make this long story a tad bit shorter.... It takes money to make music now daze, if you buy lots of equipment then you mostly have to sell your music to be able to justify a home equity closeout worth of equipment. I have been having such a hard time for the last couple of years that I have been selling equipment left and right to keep from drowning in debt. At one time I had 7 really nice guitars around $1000 a piece and have to sell them for a fraction of the price for cash to pay bills. I used to give my brother my leftover stuff that I didnt want to just sell for dirt cheap and he has a lot of equipment now too(he is not a Sikh) Ive been thinking of starting a guitar class in my area for giving lessons but who will want a Sikh with a big-ole turban to teach their kids how to play guitar ^o^ I have though recorded some keertan from Rainsabhais and have no want for compensation for uploading on the net, blah blah yada yada I could go on for ever about music subjects etc..............

Basically if you want to email me about how much you want to spend on recording equipment and your level of knowledge with recording equipment then pm me and I can help you out, this isnt an easy thing to do as you will have to sacrifice a lot of time and effort to get your system functioning to your particular sound quality. Ive played in many genres of music and know the differences in quality, and tell you the truth I am thinking of hiring some vocalists to sing songs I write because Im not as good as I want my music(other than kirtan) to sound like etc I am a instrumentalist/producer and am capable of producing really good quality live sound Im just now trying to capture it in recording specifically.

I could say "buy this recording box" but if you arent even at that level then its better to go to a studio but then if you spend money recording in a studio it hurts to give it away for free because its like you build a house and someone can download all your works effort for free etc (thats why I respect the music industry because they know how to get the sound paid for at minimum cost of the producer and paying the musicians a reasonable salary)

Let me know if anyone wants to start recording their particular sound, and have a drive to want to learn what it takes to produce and engineer from a personal studio.

wow veerje, thanks for sacrificing so much of your beautiful time writing all that to help us gain an idea about everything you wrote . thats so cool . I can only thank Gurujee for all his kirpa on your life . Dont worry too much about the bad financial times . I run a business so i know . Gurujee will be there to protect you and make you proper more even in the future .

I am curious about your journey into Sikhi but i dunno where to read up on that .