Sikhi VS Islamic Discussion Forums

lakhvir

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

The internet is an amazing tool, just like a knife. It can be both dangerous and useful at the same time. While there are some who use it as a tool, otherse use it as a weapon.

In a related thread on this forum, there is a discussion about an Islamic site which is discussing the conversion of Sikh girls to Islam. I visited the link and it made me sick. Doesn't such forums make us reflect on what we are doing here and what the others are up to?

When I visit Sikh dicussion forums, I feel proud of my Gurus. They did not make us what some of the Islamic sites and groups are up to. Sites that are discussing the fanatic side of their beliefs are indeed alarming but there is nothing significant we can do about these kind of people. They are out there waiting for people like us to create some noise. As far as I am concerned, they will not get what they expect from me - my attention.

The internet is an invisible medium, we cannot guage what people look like out there and neither can we see behind what they type. Why waste your time arguing with such fools? They are nothing less than teenage or youthful fanatics who have simply lost track of what their religion preaches. I will not advocate for Islam, but I certainly believe these people are out of their league. Otherwise, how does one justify the slaying of an innocent man whose only crime was that he became the sacrificial lamb of the fanatic? They have grabbed your attention for all the wrong reasons - they have made such acts of gruesome entertainment that feeds the curiosity of people whose minds will be filled by the same garbage that is in these fanatics.

I like to visit our Si

kh forums to help myself grow, learn from other other great GurSikhs how a Sikh of our beloved Gurus is to be like. Likewise, I find it fulfilling to inspire in the little ways that I know. All this helps me become a better Sikh. Some Islamic sites are also doing what we are doing - learning about their faith, discussing issues that are affecting them as well. But there are also those that out there to pollute the internet and cause harm and disharmony - now that is NOT religion. Let them say so otherwise a million billion times over and over but what they are praticing is NOT religion. Let us also know that well.

Let us be firm in our faith, let us keep our forums clean and focused. Someday, you will find out how many Muslims visit your forum to see what you are up to. That is what the Mughal Emperors also did - they used to send out spies on the Guru. But they found nothing of good hear for the Emperor. Some os those spies even fell at the feet of the Guru and became his Sikhs because they found no reason to speak against them, when they came to fulfil the orders of their Emperor. Likewise, we are being watched and keep your yard clean. Discuss your ideals and principles in the way the Guru instructed. There will be those visitors who will be taken by surprise to find that we are just like our Guru, and there is nothing wrong with us, but with the backyard of who they spy for.

The day may be far, but keep your eyes on Gurmat, Sikhi and the Guru. This is what sets us apart from the fanatic and loose ends of the internet where only the lost souls are wandering around aimlessly; and you can be assured, they will find no rest because they are up to no good at all.

GuruFatehJi.

L*

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gill, sikhi does not believe in converting people into sikhi. our gurus taught if ur hindu be a good hindu, if ur muslim be a good muslim, if ur christian be a good christian .... and if ur sikh, be the best sikh as possible

bhul chuuk maaf

Sat Sri Akal:

How To Convert 101 by Bhagat Puran Singh Ji:

Once, a huge number of low caste Hindus converted to Christianity. The Hindus were very distraught. They sent a delegation to meet with the converts and tell them all about the greatness of Hinduism and what the converts would be missing out on.

The converts said that's all good, but where were you when we needed you? The Christians give us anything we need. We need food, the Christians gave it to us, our kids needed admissions in schools, the Christians provided that to us. Even if our child's nose was running, the Christians were there to wipe that nose.

Service and high ideals is what makes a person adopt a religion. Bhagat Puran Singh Ji himself was initially a Hindu. In his own words, he used to read the Hanuman Chalisa 6 times a day. He went to do sewa at a Mandir, and after hours upon hours of sewa, he was hungry. Even seeing this, the Pandits gave would not share their meal with him. Then, he went on a trip and had no lodging, so he stayed at a Gurudwara. There, Sant Attar Singh Ji was holding a diwan. Bhagat Puran Singh found the katha of Sant Ji very enlightening. He got hungry, and looked for food. He was given a very delicious langar. He thought...a place that provides spiritual and physical satisfaction of hunger. Then, he went outside and noticed that the Sikhs were tending to the fields on the Gurudwara property. He asked the Sikhs, who are you cultivating this crop for? They answered that they were growing and tending crops for the Gurudwara's langar so that the Sangat may partake of it. He was astonished that Sikhs would go earn their daily bread, handle house

hold responsibilities AND do sewa at a Gurudwara with such devotion. So he stopped reciting the Hanuman Chalisa and started to learn Japji Sahib.

It is not with some miracle that Sikhism grew even under oppression. Even when the Sikhs were being killed on sight, Sikhism had more Sikhs because they were serving the Indian population by fighting the oppressors. It is by sewa and by becoming a Sikh that will attract Sikhs to Sikhism, not big speeches and covert attacks on another religion(s).

"Gill, sikhi does not believe in converting people into sikhi. our gurus taught if ur hindu be a good hindu, if ur muslim be a good muslim, if ur christian be a good christian .... and if ur sikh, be the best sikh as possible"

WHere did the Gurus say that? when GUru Nanak Dev Jee went on Udasis to far off places such as Banaras, Mecca, and Baghdad it was to do teach people about Gurmat. When Guru Gobind SIngh Jee created the Khalsa, it was to show us a better way to Vaheguru.

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Please take a look at the link below before reading on:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...f=12&t=4486&hl=

Guru Nanak Dev Ji set out on a mission which culminated in the formation of a new Panth - the Khalsa Panth. His mission was clear - to reach out and let the people of religion know what they were doing and differentiate between worship and ritual, between leadership and tyranny.

Guru Nanak's style of preaching was not that of imposing one's beliefs on others - and that is the beauty of Sikhism. In essence, Sikhs are all missionaries - for the self. Sikh Gurus did not go out to convert but to reach out and speak of what was the Truth.

Let us not be mistaken about conversions. In other faiths, they have their missions and reasons for converting and preaching in the ways that they know best, for their own agendas. We have been given the right to challenge them when they come knocking on our doors (for example the Jehovahs Witnesses). We are Sikhs today because we stood up against those who were imposing their religion on the others. We will not become what we fought against.

In my understanding, a Sikh is one who (as defined in the Guru Granth Sahib and Sikh Rehat Maryada) fulfils his duty to the Guru, strengthens oneself in his/her faith and helps other Sikhs in the same way. A Sikh missionary is one who strengthens the Sikhi in Sikhs, and also stands up as a symbol of the ideal Sikh of the Guru for the world to look at and question him. Such a Sikh is looked up in curiosity and even contempt by the

world. That is where he is expected to inform the world of who he is and what Sikhism is. If the listener, who is non-Sikh, feels corrected and inspired, he is welcome to approach the Sikh faith.

Sikhism was never created for numbers, because if it was, Guru Gobind Singh Ji would have turned the whole country into Khalsa - he had the capacity, but he did not want to be what the others had become - obsessed with numbers and power. His mission was to correct, not to condemn. Why should we tread another path otherwise? If Sikhism was created for conversions, the first Sikhs would have been Bhai Bala and Bhai Mardana. Let us look further back into the lives of our Gurus and then reflect whether what we say or do is in accordance to their beliefs and principles. If it is not so, then we are certainly not Sikhs.

So, to lay the matter to rest, be your own missionary. Let us not be yet another faith competing for souls. Be a good Sikh to the extent that there is little difference the Guru and us. That is the power the Guru blessed us with - to be just like Him.

Be a good Sikh, follow its beliefs, principles and instructions to the best you can. Help other Sikhs to be just as strong as yourself. Now that is a Sikh missionary, just like the Guru was.

GuruFatehJi.

L*