3ho Sikhs Doing Aarti On Channel 793

Gursikh Singh

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Malaar on Pannaa 1263

mlwr mhlw 4 ]

malaar mehalaa 4 ||

Malaar, Fourth Mehla:

ijqny jIA jMq pRiB kIny iqqny isir kwr ilKwvY ]

jithanae jeea ja(n)th prabh keenae thithanae sir kaar likhaavai ||

All the beings and creatures which God has created - on their foreheds, He has written their destiny.

hir jn kau hir dIn@ vfweI hir jnu hir kwrY lwvY ]1]

har jan ko har dheenh vaddaaee har jan har kaarai laavai ||1||

The Lord blesses His humble servant with glorious greatness. The Lord enjoins him to his tasks. ||1||

siqguru hir hir nwmu idRVwvY ]

sathigur har har naam dhrirraavai ||

The True Guru implants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, within.

hir bolhu gur ky isK myry BweI hir Baujlu jgqu qrwvY ]1] rhwau ]

har bolahu gur kae sikh maerae bhaaee har bhoujal jagath tharaavai ||1|| rehaao ||

Chant the Name of the Lord, O Sikhs of the Guru, O my Siblings of Destiny. Only the Lord will carry you across the terrifying world-ocean. ||1||Pause||

jo gur kau jnu pUjy syvy so jnu myry hir pRB BwvY ]

jo gur ko jan poojae saevae so jan maerae har prabh bhaavai ||

That humble being who worships, adores and serves the Guru is pleasing to my Lord God.

hir kI syvw siqguru pUjhu kir ikrpw Awip qrwvY ]2]

har kee saevaa sathigur poojahu kar kirapaa aap tharaavai ||2||

To worship and adore the True Guru is to serve the Lord. In His Mercy, He saves us and carries us across. ||2||

Brim BUly AigAwnI AMDuly BRim BRim PUl qorwvY ]

bharam bhoolae agiaanee a(n)dhhulae bhram bhram fool thoraavai ||

The ignorant and the blind wander deluded by doubt; deluded and confused, they pick flowers to offer to their idols.

inrjIau pUjih mVw sryvih sB ibrQI Gwl gvwvY ]3]

nirajeeo poojehi marraa saraevehi sabh birathhee ghaal gavaavai ||3||

They worship lifeless stones and serve the tombs of the dead; all their efforts are useless. ||3||

bRhmu ibMdy so siqguru khIAY hir hir kQw suxwvY ]

breham bi(n)dhae so sathigur keheeai har har kathhaa sunaavai ||

He alone is said to be the True Guru, who realizes God, and proclaims the Sermon of the Lord, Har, Har.

iqsu gur kau Cwdn Bojn pwt ptMbr bhu ibiD siq kir muiK sMchu iqsu puMn kI iPir qoit n AwvY ]4]

this gur ko shhaadhan bhojan paatt patta(n)bar bahu bidhh sath kar mukh sa(n)chahu this pu(n)n kee fir thott n aavai ||4||

Offer the Guru sacred foods, clothes, silk and satin robes of all sorts; know that He is True. The merits of this shall never leave you lacking. ||4||

siqguru dyau prqiK hir mUriq jo AMimRq bcn suxwvY ]

sathigur dhaeo parathakh har moorath jo a(n)mrith bachan sunaavai ||

The Divine True Guru is the Embodiment, the Image of the Lord; He utters the Ambrosial Word.

nwnk Bwg Bly iqsu jn ky jo hir crxI icqu lwvY ]5]4]

naanak bhaag bhalae this jan kae jo har charanee chith laavai ||5||4||

O Nanak, blessed and good is the destiny of that humble being, who focuses his consciousness on the Feet of the Lord. ||5||4||

I believe this shabad solves this Aarti confusion. Why is Guru Sahib saying offering flowers to an idol is being ignorant and blind?

Because in the next line he says they are lifeless.

Then if you look a few lines down Guru Sahib says:

Offer the Guru sacred foods, clothes, silk and satin robes of all sorts; know that He is True. The merits of this shall never leave you lacking. ||4||

So when a person brings a ramalla for the Guru it is seen as a good thing. I know some complain, why are they doing this. The above tells us too.

If you look at some sects, jatha or a group that says they are not a group, but they are. Consider this a wrong action to decorate where Guru Sahib is sitting. It shows respect, love and has merit. Nothing wrong with showing Guru Sahib love. The wrong action comes when you try to make a big show out of it and say look at me I am giving Guru Sahib this and that. This is considered wrong.

Now looking at Aarti, would it be wrong to do Aarti of Guru Sahib, No. Some look at Aarti of idols and then quicky judge, if it is wrong for doing it to idol then it's wrong to do for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. A question to ask is, is Guru Sahib lifeless like the idol! NO Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is full of life. We recieve spritiual wisdom from Guru Sahib. Showing your love by throwing flowers on Guru Sahib has no wrong act. It's expressing your love toward Guru Sahib in a different way.

Throwing flowers on Guru Sahib for attention and trying to be the brahmin that does it for show is the wrong act.

That's my take on it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before someone get mad and says you are wrong or one sided. Here is a shabad saying, what true aartee is.

When it says pause/rehaao that is the core of the shabad. So before reading on take a minute and think about the rehaao here. It's really important to understand the Rehaao

This Shabad is by Bhagat Ravi Daas Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Pannaa 694

nwmu qyro AwrqI mjnu murwry ]

naam thaero aarathee majan muraarae ||

Your Name, Lord, is my adoration and cleansing bath.

hir ky nwm ibnu JUTy sgl pwswry ]1] rhwau ]

har kae naam bin jhoot(h)ae sagal paasaarae ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Name of the Lord, all ostentatious displays are useless. ||1||Pause||

nwmu qyro Awsno nwmu qyro aursw nwmu qyrw kysro ly iCtkwry ]

naam thaero aasano naam thaero ourasaa naam thaeraa kaesaro lae shhittakaarae ||

Your Name is my prayer mat, and Your Name is the stone to grind the sandalwood. Your Name is the saffron which I take and sprinkle in offering to You.

nwmu qyrw AMBulw nwmu qyro cMdno Gis jpy nwmu ly quJih kau cwry ]1]

naam thaeraa a(n)bhulaa naam thaero cha(n)dhano ghas japae naam lae thujhehi ko chaarae ||1||

Your Name is the water, and Your Name is the sandalwood. The chanting of Your Name is the grinding of the sandalwood. I take it and offer all this to You. ||1||

nwmu qyrw dIvw nwmu qyro bwqI nwmu qyro qylu ly mwih pswry ]

naam thaeraa dheevaa naam thaero baathee naam thaero thael lae maahi pasaarae ||

Your Name is the lamp, and Your Name is the wick. Your Name is the oil I pour into it.

nwm qyry kI joiq lgweI BieE auijAwro Bvn sglwry ]2]

naam thaerae kee joth lagaaee bhaeiou oujiaaro bhavan sagalaarae ||2||

Your Name is the light applied to this lamp, which enlightens and illuminates the entire world. ||2||

nwmu qyro qwgw nwmu PUl mwlw Bwr ATwrh sgl jUTwry ]

naam thaero thaagaa naam fool maalaa bhaar at(h)aareh sagal joot(h)aarae ||

Your Name is the thread, and Your Name is the garland of flowers. The eighteen loads of vegetation are all too impure to offer to You.

qyro kIAw quJih ikAw Arpau nwmu qyrw quhI cvr Folwry ]3]

thaero keeaa thujhehi kiaa arapo naam thaeraa thuhee chavar dtolaarae ||3||

Why should I offer to You, that which You Yourself created? Your Name is the fan, which I wave over You. ||3||

ds ATw ATsTy cwry KwxI iehY vrqix hY sgl sMswry ]

dhas at(h)aa at(h)asat(h)ae chaarae khaanee eihai varathan hai sagal sa(n)saarae ||

The whole world is engrossed in the eighteen Puraanas, the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, and the four sources of creation.

khY rivdwsu nwmu qyro AwrqI siq nwmu hY hir Bog quhwry ]4]3]

kehai ravidhaas naam thaero aarathee sath naam hai har bhog thuhaarae ||4||3||

Says Ravi Daas, Your Name is my Aartee, my lamp-lit worship-service. The True Name, Sat Naam, is the food which I offer to You. ||4||3||

There are 2 3HO Sikhs doing Ganga Aarti on Sky channel 793 right now.

Disgraceful!!!

mad.gif

OMG not Aarti and Ganga!!! how discraceful to your Sect of Sikhi!!!!!

Let me explain my view on this:-

Aarti = Poetic verses explaining the importance and values of naam simran, whether this is sikh, hindi, jewish or christian you should listen and understand what is being said before slagging it off

Ganga = A sacred place where Guru Nanak devji visited aswell as many other Mahapursh over millions of years. Just to do darshan of this sacred place is a privilage let alone any form of prayer to God.

Yoga - Let me explain to you of my understanding before I get slated by all the so called Sikhs out there that jump on anything other than their narrow minded version of Sikhism. Sri Guru Granth Sahibji tells us to do naam simran which is not an easy task as our mind is attacked left right and center by the 5 evils, now for us to start naam simran we should try anything we can to get our mind to focus, as we are all individuals different things will help focus our mind. Yoga helps some, walking helps others, washing dishes others, sitting in a dark quiet room others.

My point is Whether you sit at home or wash dishes at Harimandar Sahib or yoga at the river Ganges and do naam simran or Aarti or Japji Sahibji. You are better than the next person that wastes their time on Sikh Sangat slagging everyone else off for trying to better the life.

They were on the banks of the Ganga, with a Hindu Brahmin, and other Hindu devotees, all chanting these Hindu hymns and ALL (including the 3H0 sikhs) holding a multi-tier lighted divas moving it around in a circle motion praising the Godess Ganga and the God Shiva.....I mean WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!!!

:o

They were on the banks of the Ganga, with a Hindu Brahmin, and other Hindu devotees, all chanting these Hindu hymns and ALL (including the 3H0 sikhs) holding a multi-tier lighted divas moving it around in a circle motion praising the Godess Ganga and the God Shiva.....I mean WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!!!

Why do assume they were 3ho? Because they were white?

Guru Arjan is saying I dont do kundalini yoga, I only worship God, there is no other way of knowing God besides worshipping Vahiguru. yoga is something that some people do in their way of making a big show of their "devotion to God" Having lots of money as an organization and owning yoga studios doesnt mean nothing. ONly worship of God will get your ego shed or your mind clear etc..................

Where is Guru Arjan saying "I don't do kundalini yoga"? Stop putting words into Guru ji's mouth!

(but then again one of the moderators are putting words in my mouth in my warnings lol)

Next you will be saying that guru ji said "I don''t do shastar training" Do you know Guru Gobind Singh used to do shastar puja as well? There is also bani called shastarnaam mala.

Mod Note: Well hellooooo all you Internet Giaani's with you fantastic and "inspiring" pearls of wisdom....I realy do feel like this world is a better place after reading some of the replies to this topic....NOT...! KEEP IT CLEAN.....no thorwing ur dummies out ur prams now....

Topic is Being Moderated..

:)

Why do assume they were 3ho? Because they were white?

They were white, dress all white, and not alright.

:)